Cross Siberia off your to-go list for vacations spots - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-10-2014, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

In case you have run out of things to worry about, is Global Warming is waking up some old viruses?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2551664/Will-climate-change-bring-SMALLPOX-Siberian-corpses-ooze-cont

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)

Small pox and global warming. Be afraid, be very afraid, we are all going to die............

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 03-11-2014, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)

How can this be spun to mean NON-vaccers are causing this? Isn't that we needs to be done?

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

Old 03-11-2014, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

How can this be spun to mean NON-vaccers are causing this? Isn't that we needs to be done?

There it is!

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
Old 03-12-2014, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/2012/04/02/smallpox-declared-eradicated-while-still-alive-and-well-by-viera-scheibner-phd/

Very interesting read. Esp. that vaccinated people were more likely to die from smallpox than non-vaccinated.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

Old 03-12-2014, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

minerva23, you do know my discovery about the very last person to DIE from smallpox?  Janet Parker, in Sept 1977, in **********, UK, was fully vaccinated. And she got it at work, at the hospital!

Old 03-12-2014, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post

minerva23, you do know my discovery about the very last person to DIE from smallpox?  Janet Parker, in Sept 1977, in **********, UK, was fully vaccinated. And she got it at work, at the hospital!

I am not surprised at all! Her death was due to lab accident infection though. From ancestry research and looking through old church registries, I have learned that a lot of people/children died of the smallpox despite having mandatory vaccinations since 1807! I have read books written around the turn of the 20th century dealing with this topic and it is gruesome. I am glad that this vaccination program was stopped in 1976 and I did not have to receive this vaccine.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

Old 03-12-2014, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

... and of course, Marcella Gruelle who died from a smallpox vaccination reaction; she owned the first Raggedy Ann Doll.  Her father wrote the books after she died.

Quote:
 Her death was due to lab accident infection though.

Yes, that is why she is not listed as one of the last people to NATURALLY acquire the disease as Rahima Banu in Bangladesh in 1976 (variola major), and Ali Maow Maalin in Somalia in 1975, (variola minor).  The last epidemic of smallpox was 1972 - it was controlled and stopped by the use of vaccination AND quarantine.  Quarantine was the method used against smallpox without vaccination in Leicester in the 1870s in Great Britain.

Being a healthcare worker, Janet was vaccinated against it, so why did she get it at all?  She managed to give the disease to her mother who visited her in the hospital too - want to bet her mom was vaccinated against smallpox at some point?  Her mother recovered and survived. Her father had a heart attack and died after he saw her condition. 

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List