another star publicly refuses to vaccinate and they skewer her in the media - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
 18Likes

#61 of 90 Old 04-04-2014, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Sly Stallone has a child, Seargeoh, with autism who is an adult by now age 34. From 1990 a PSA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B0qvmWj44Y

Robert MacNeil of MacNeil/Lehrer Report has a grandchild, Nick, with autism. Nick's mom blames the vaccines http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u02KZWMYxGY

Ed Asner's son, Matthew, has a son with autism who is about ten by now. He works with Autism Speaks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atTNtF5MXoY

Tony Braxton has a son with autism. http://wwwyoutube.com/watch?v=NFEf-ybYCbw at 11:45/

BeckyBird likes this.
#62 of 90 Old 04-18-2014, 08:22 PM

You can add Alicia Silverstone to the list....http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2014/04/17/actress-alicia-silverstone-joins-the-vaccinate-your-kids-only-if-you-feel-like-it-club/

#63 of 90 Old 04-18-2014, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Oh, I like Alicia! love.gif I appreciate her vegan-ness and intactivist views.

You realize what this now means, right? I can TOTALLY ignore my doctor and do everything Alicia does, mwa, ha, ha! mischievous.gif

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#64 of 90 Old 04-18-2014, 09:23 PM

I lived in Los Angeles, and I have my suspicions about a lot of other people also.  Stay tuned.

BeckyBird likes this.
#65 of 90 Old 04-19-2014, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post

I lived in Los Angeles, and I have my suspicions about a lot of other people also.  Stay tuned.

Oh, me, too…and I live very far away from Hollywood.  Kudos to those celebrities brave enough to publicly own it ;)  It cannot be an easy decision.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#66 of 90 Old 04-19-2014, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post

Rob Schneider said at the Autsim Conference last weekend that there were celebrities that don't vax, but won't speak out at this point. Hopefully they will find some courage and safety in numbers and will say something.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#67 of 90 Old 04-19-2014, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I suspect there are plenty of celebrities who don't vax, but don't speak out because of possible repercussions to their careers. But the web of deceit around the safey of vaccines seems to slowly be unravelling.
applejuice, nukuspot and BeckyBird like this.
#68 of 90 Old 04-19-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

Rob Schneider said at the Autsim Conference last weekend that there were celebrities that don't vax, but won't speak out at this point. Hopefully they will find some courage and safety in numbers and will say something.

Oh, I wouldn't doubt that many celebrities, (also government officials, wealthy business people, doctors etc.) don't vax their kids. I honestly don't blame celebrities for not speaking out. Although I think it would be great for the cause, it's such a personal thing and it would be a big decision to open that can of worms. I do feel really sorry for Jenny McCarthy. She is so terribly bashed for her stance on vaccines. I'm sure it would be very helpful for her if more celebrities spoke out.

applejuice, nukuspot and BeckyBird like this.

Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.
#69 of 90 Old 04-20-2014, 06:39 PM

For those of you who are interested or concerned, Alicia Silverstone, a Jew by birth and tradition, did not circ her little boy either. Trailblazer!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152400942081115&set=p.10152400942081115&type=1&theater

#70 of 90 Old 04-23-2014, 02:26 PM

I recall that PM Tony Blair's MIL was a licensed practicing homeopath and would not discuss whether or not his own children were vaccinated when he was asked.

#71 of 90 Old 04-24-2014, 05:42 AM

Dr. Oz's children did not receive the flu vaccines - I do not know about their vaccine status, otherwise.

applejuice likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#72 of 90 Old 04-24-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

Dr. Oz's children did not receive the flu vaccines - I do not know about their vaccine status, otherwise.

His wife is a Reiki Master; he said his wife makes those decisions for the children.

sassyfirechick likes this.
#73 of 90 Old 04-24-2014, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

They were slamming Alicia Silverstone on a local radio station today, calling her "one of those crazy anti-vaccination people" and it went from how good looking she was in her younger years to now she's just a crazy bitch because of her personal decisions....headscratch.gif  

It's been a wild morning for me - started off with Curious George and CP/Measles/Mumps as being no biggie (because they were pretending to have them), then on to the Alicia bashing, then a commercial for a local hospital with a woman talking about cutting her finger slicing veggies and going in to the ER for stitches and a tetanus shot!  Can't want to see what's next :p

applejuice and BeckyBird like this.
#74 of 90 Old 04-24-2014, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
"woman talking about cutting her finger slicing veggies and going in to the ER for stitches and a tetanus shot!"

Wtf!?
applejuice likes this.
#75 of 90 Old 04-24-2014, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellaNYC View Post

"woman talking about cutting her finger slicing veggies and going in to the ER for stitches and a tetanus shot!"

Wtf!?

LOL I said the same thing when I heard it on the radio!

applejuice likes this.
#76 of 90 Old 04-28-2014, 03:02 PM

Melissa Ethridge.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/08/melissa-etheridge-ex-wife-court-refuses-allow-children-vaccinated/

applejuice likes this.

#77 of 90 Old 04-28-2014, 03:47 PM

She should probably just get a new knife instead of using an old rusty one from the barn.
#78 of 90 Old 04-28-2014, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
She should probably just get a new knife instead of using an old rusty one from the barn.

I have pregnancy brain...For a few seconds I was totally trying to figure out why Melissa Ethridge had a rusty knife. hide.gif

#79 of 90 Old 04-28-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post

I have pregnancy brain...For a few seconds I was totally trying to figure out why Melissa Ethridge had a rusty knife. hide.gif

My bad. I forgot to quote Sassy
applejuice and sassyfirechick like this.
#80 of 90 Old 04-28-2014, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Did you see the update? I was surprised to see this:

Update: The judge refused to modify the custody agreement in which both parents must agree on all healthcare decisions for the children. Therefor, the twins WON’T be vaccinated.

#81 of 90 Old 04-28-2014, 05:41 PM

Yeah!

#82 of 90 Old 04-28-2014, 06:11 PM

I'm new to participating on this site, and I just wanted to thank everyone here for all of the information and links they provide. It means a great deal to me and to my family. Having read so much hateful criticism of those who do not vaccinate, which reminds me of an old-time lynch mob, attached to various online articles, it's refreshing to read a website that makes an effort to present objective discussions and links to factual material and studies.  So, thank you everyone! :)

#83 of 90 Old 04-28-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicharronita View Post

Did you see the update? I was surprised to see this:

Update: The judge refused to modify the custody agreement in which both parents must agree on all healthcare decisions for the children. Therefor, the twins WON’T be vaccinated.

I did.  I am impressed, although part of me suspects it went Melissa's way because  "money talks."  Still, it sets a precedent for the rest of us mere mortals, and good for her.  

#84 of 90 Old 05-18-2014, 01:01 PM

Not a mom, but a concerned woman, Fran Drescher, has expressed concern about the vaccine schedule.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlDdF-l4Iyg

I am not saying Drescher is provax/antivax.  I know that anyone who questions anything about vaccines is often marginalized and considered anti-science. So, to Ms. Drescher, thank you for asking. Good question.

BeckyBird and stellanyc like this.
#85 of 90 Old 07-13-2014, 05:51 PM

Let me put this up on a thread so I am clear. Sorry for any confusion.
Mirzam likes this.

Last edited by applejuice; 07-14-2014 at 11:52 AM.
#86 of 90 Old 07-22-2014, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I want to say I very much appreciate everyone's posts on this board! The more I educate myself about vaccines, the less sense it makes to me to get my child (and future children) vaccinated. My DH is on the same page as I am, we are very untrusting of Big Pharma (and all corporations) as well as our government since they are owned by the corporations.
DH's mother is an RN, and after doing our research we approached her about the fact that we are seriously considering NOT vaccinating. She replied back to us with a long story about how in her generation, mumps and measles were very common and very life threatening, and the diseases caused children to lose their sight or hearing as well. Of course this worries me, but I also know that his own mother survived the mumps and is fine today, even though at the time it was frightening and painful to go through. So I am feeling conflicted. My instincts tell me vaccinations aren't the answer, but my fears are making me indecisive. I know in my heart I'm not supposed to make judgements based on fear... Which tells me I shouldn't vaccinate since the only reasons for it are fear-based. such difficult decisions to make as a new mother.
beckybird likes this.

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
#87 of 90 Old 07-22-2014, 04:16 PM

KatelynRose, I got the mumps as a teen, 2 years after getting the MMR btw, and there was NOTHING scary about it. Not saying your mils experience can't have been different......
applejuice and KatelynRose like this.
#88 of 90 Old 07-22-2014, 04:38 PM

I am probably older than your mom.

I had mumps. I was eleven and I shared it with everyone in the family. There is some evidence that having mumps will prevent ovarian cancer in later life. Mumps is a contagious disease that is spread from person to person through contact with respiratory secretions, such as saliva from an infected person. A person infected with mumps is contagious from approximately 6 days before the onset of symptoms until about 9 days after symptoms start.The incubation period (time until symptoms begin) can be from 14–25 days, but is typically 16–18 days. Before the introduction of the mumps vaccine, the mumps virus was the leading cause of viral meningoencephalitis in the United States. However, encephalitis occurs rarely (less than 2 per 100,000). A person with mumps should NEVER take aspirin.

You may want to read about how ineffective the mumps vaccine component is since the lab techs who worked on the vaccine are suing Merck in federal court for being forced to falsify effectiveness information to get the vaccine approved by the FDA.

I am a lifelong nonvaxer.

Last edited by applejuice; 07-22-2014 at 09:50 PM.
#89 of 90 Old 07-22-2014, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
I probably had mumps. I came home from school with a fever when mumps was "going around" and my mother assumed it must be mumps. I think I was sick for less than 24 hours and my face did not swell up, which I vaguely remember being a disappointment. That would have been 1955 or so? To give you an idea of what an innocent world it was back then, I think I was in kindergarten and I was allowed, ill with a fever, to walk home by myself. They probably phone my mother to say I was being sent home.

I also went through measles, rubella, chickenpox and probably whooping cough. I seem to be immune to whooping cough. I've been exposed at least twice without getting sick.
#90 of 90 Old 07-22-2014, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Yes, the more I research it AND hear others experiences, the more resolved I am in the decision NOT to vaccinate my child. It simply doesn't make sense to me to get him vaccinated. I really appreciate everyone's support and input here, it is very helpful!

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page