"Canadian parents outraged after school officials vaccinate their children without consent" - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 03-23-2014, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Not sure if this has been posted yet. This makes my blood boil.

http://www.naturalnews.com/044413_childhood_vaccination_consent_Canadian_parents.html#ixzz2wokzPyqw

Quote:

Obviously unashamed of their horrendous and predatory behavior in the matter, both the state and the school admitted that, when vaccination compliance rates get "too low," public health nurses specifically target unvaccinated children using the B.C. Infants Act as legal cover. And in many cases, they are successful in convincing these impressionable young minds to follow the state's lead rather than first consult their parents.

"Nurses will, in fact, go and look for the unvaccinated kids to see if they can get them vaccinated," stated Provincial Health Officer Perry Kendall to CBC.ca, adding that, once a child is convinced to sign a mature minor consent form by school officials, that same child is released from the protection of his or her parents and treated as open game for the compliance pursuits of the vaccine industry.

applejuice and sassyfirechick like this.

Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.
#2 of 16 Old 03-23-2014, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)

Agreed.

Schools can be nutty.

True story:  about 1 month ago, my freshly minted 15 year old was asked to take a breathalyser before going into a school dance.  Up until one month ago (when my oldest turned 18), I had to sign him in or out of school if he was late or left early.  So - my 15 year old can take a breathalyser without my consent, but my 17.9 year old had to have his mommy sign him in and out of school??

In any event, I think parents should keep kids out of school on vaccine day if they do not want them vaxxed, and this is doubly the case if you live in a place with "mature minor" laws. 

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#3 of 16 Old 03-24-2014, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Here is the mainstream news coverage:  http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-family-furious-teen-vaccinated-without-parental-consent-1.2570354

Hmm.   The parents' other daughter had a vaccine reaction, and then developed and died of "cerebral dysgenesis," which they believe was vaccine-induced.  The doctors, of course, insist it had nothing to do with the vaccine.

Yet, when you look in the literature, there are many references to virus-induced cerebral dysgenesis, as well as cerebral dysgenesis that was the result of the mother's having been vaccinated while pregnant.

According to http://books.google.com/books?id=3YZCAAAAQBAJ&pg=PA177&lpg=PA177&dq=cerebral+dysgenesis+vaccine&source=bl&ots=DkVaZ_GAim&sig=hJBrEyt2Y6RYQRPaZDfXQQ2ZV5E&hl=en&sa=X&ei=unEwU_3KNuqGyAHvv4DQDg&ved=0CFoQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=cerebral%20dysgenesis%20vaccine&f=false,  developmental exposure to MERCURY is associated with cerebral dysgenesis.  They quote 3 studies on that--Chang et all, 1977; Burbacher et al, 1990; Barone, Jr., et al, 1998.

And Chief Health Officer Perry Kendall is quoted in the article as saying that,

"with inoculation rates in Canada down to just 84 per cent, public health nurses are just doing their job. He said they are actively trying to boost those numbers when they visit schools for routine Grade 9 booster shots.

"Nurses will, in fact, go and look for the unvaccinated kids to see if they can get them vaccinated," said Kendall. 

He said the risk from disease is much higher than any potential side-effect from the vaccine."

This is the same Perry Kendall who deliberately misquoted Cochrane Reviews of flu shot (lack of) efficacy in order to mandate flu shots for nurses.

Mirzam and BeckyBird like this.
#4 of 16 Old 03-24-2014, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

Here is the mainstream news coverage:  http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-family-furious-teen-vaccinated-without-parental-consent-1.2570354

Hmm.   The parents' other daughter had a vaccine reaction, and then developed and died of "cerebral dysgenesis," which they believe was vaccine-induced.  The doctors, of course, insist it had nothing to do with the vaccine.

Yet, when you look in the literature, there are many references to virus-induced cerebral dysgenesis, as well as cerebral dysgenesis that was the result of the mother's having been vaccinated while pregnant.

According to http://books.google.com/books?id=3YZCAAAAQBAJ&pg=PA177&lpg=PA177&dq=cerebral+dysgenesis+vaccine&source=bl&ots=DkVaZ_GAim&sig=hJBrEyt2Y6RYQRPaZDfXQQ2ZV5E&hl=en&sa=X&ei=unEwU_3KNuqGyAHvv4DQDg&ved=0CFoQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=cerebral%20dysgenesis%20vaccine&f=false,  developmental exposure to MERCURY is associated with cerebral dysgenesis.  They quote 3 studies on that--Chang et all, 1977; Burbacher et al, 1990; Barone, Jr., et al, 1998.

And Chief Health Officer Perry Kendall is quoted in the article as saying that,

"with inoculation rates in Canada down to just 84 per cent, public health nurses are just doing their job. He said they are actively trying to boost those numbers when they visit schools for routine Grade 9 booster shots.

"Nurses will, in fact, go and look for the unvaccinated kids to see if they can get them vaccinated," said Kendall. 

He said the risk from disease is much higher than any potential side-effect from the vaccine."

This is the same Perry Kendall who deliberately misquoted Cochrane Reviews of flu shot (lack of) efficacy in order to mandate flu shots for nurses.

Why is this not surprising? 

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#5 of 16 Old 03-24-2014, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I don't see how there isn't SOME form of HIPPA violation here....I mean it's one thing for a school nurse to know a child's vax status, after all when you submit health records you sort of do so under the assumption that the school nurse will see them, that's it.  But to then pass that info along to a nurse who's coming in, needle in hand, to coerce and intimidate these poor kids.....there's no privacy at all!  Might as well tattoo your kids vax status on their forehead before they enter school because apparently everyone is privy to that info.....

#6 of 16 Old 03-24-2014, 06:31 PM

I agree, but it is Canada and I believe HIPAA is in the US.

Yet, you are still correct; wouldn't Canada, a nation that has had a long established national healthcare system have an established privacy and confidentiality for the health care history of each patient, or is it all public information  because it is national healthcare and everyone pays for it? OR is it semi-private and some people can access the information?

#7 of 16 Old 03-24-2014, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfirechick View Post

I don't see how there isn't SOME form of HIPPA violation here....I mean it's one thing for a school nurse to know a child's vax status, after all when you submit health records you sort of do so under the assumption that the school nurse will see them, that's it.  But to then pass that info along to a nurse who's coming in, needle in hand, to coerce and intimidate these poor kids.....there's no privacy at all!  Might as well tattoo your kids vax status on their forehead before they enter school because apparently everyone is privy to that info.....

Some provinces do vaccines in school.  Ontario does, for example.  In grades 7-9, consent forms came home for vaccination (hep B and HPV) .  The nurse, who often comes from the health unit, uses thse forms to figure out who has consent to be vaccinated.  

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#8 of 16 Old 03-24-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post

I agree, but it is Canada and I believe HIPAA is in the US.

Yet, you are still correct; wouldn't Canada, a nation that has had a long established national healthcare system have an established privacy and confidentiality for the health care history of each patient, or is it all public information  because it is national healthcare and everyone pays for it? OR is it semi-private and some people can access the information?

I am not sure if is the same in BC, but here in Alberta, I don't think schools even have vax information for students - there are no requirements for school. The public health nurses do have the records already though because they are the ones who administer the vaccines. Like Kathy said, in school for older kids, but also in public health clinics for babies and younger kids. Doctors offices don't do them here, and I think it is the same in BC, probably.

Consent forms are sent home and key be signed for vaccines given at school (so, I guess the school would be aware of tiger ones, but I believe they pass all the records to the nurses and didn't keep any themselves). I am not okay with the way this was done in BC greensad.gif
applejuice likes this.
#9 of 16 Old 03-24-2014, 09:36 PM

Just seems so risky on many levels.....like what if a kid has a severe reaction in school, or on the bus going home?  I did get the Hep B vax in high school - at the school - something about it first coming out and my parents signed the consent and I definitely had a reaction following but at that point in my life I had no clue vaccines even came with reactions!

applejuice likes this.
#10 of 16 Old 03-24-2014, 09:54 PM

When I was in school, everyone lined up to get the smallpox vax at the nurse's office.

They always came back bleeding. I do not recall anyone having a reaction, but would they have told anyone if there was?

There were 57 students in my one class with one teacher, no aides.

#11 of 16 Old 03-25-2014, 07:12 AM

As I go back and read that, what was I thinking? Vaccine reactions, don't occur, or are soooo rare that there's virtually no chance one would happen while vaxxing at school and therefor no need to alarm parents and students nono02.gif

applejuice likes this.
#12 of 16 Old 03-25-2014, 07:18 AM

The Canadian constitution specifically states that medical procedures may not be forced upon any citizen.

This is disgusting. greensad.gif
applejuice likes this.

Happy mama to our sweet pea innocent.gif (08/25/13), loving wife to my brilliant gentleman geek.gif (09/10/11) and lucky stepmama to five grouphug.gif

Breastfeeding, babywearing, and promoting natural health one day at a time!

#13 of 16 Old 03-25-2014, 07:21 AM

Wow that is infuriating.. Kids are so susceptible to peer pressure and authority it doesn't surprise me that they agree to vaccination but this is a parental decision!
applejuice likes this.
#14 of 16 Old 03-25-2014, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

I cannot imagine my children EVER consenting to getting a needle, lol! Needless to say, I will be keeping them home on any vaccine days, and will also keep reiterating that no matter what, if someone tries to give them at shot at school, they are to say no and call me. Sigh, what a world.

applejuice likes this.

Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.
#15 of 16 Old 03-25-2014, 09:45 PM

With my eldest being an intermediate student now, I have told her that no nurse is ever allowed to give her a needle at school. If a nurse tries to, she is to immediately call me. I think on days that immunizations are scheduled at school, my children will remain at home, just in case.
applejuice likes this.
#16 of 16 Old 03-26-2014, 06:51 AM

So really what did the nurse accomplish?  She got one dose of the vaccine into the girl, and alerted parents of unvaxed teens that they need to be aware that nurses will seek them out.  Unless the family decides to go ahead and get the full catch up series, nothing has been accomplished here.  The dad mentioned that they weren't anti-vax, just worried about their kids, so maybe they will go ahead...I don't know, but, if it were me, I would be so irrationally pissed at this point, catch up doses wouldn't be on the table.  At least at this point.

caffix.gif

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page