Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 03-26-2014, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

From the Infectious Disease Society of America - December 2013

http://www.idsociety.org/2013_Immunocompromised_Guideline/

Quote:
People with compromised immune systems–such as those with cancer, HIV infection and Crohn’s disease–are especially vulnerable to illness and most should receive the flu shot and other vaccinations, notes a new guideline released by the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA).

I am not seeing the actual guidelines but this was from a press release posted directly on their website. (They seem quite pro-vax but surprisingly had links to both VAERS and NVICP on their website - http://www.idsociety.org/Immunization/)

So... I don't think normal healthy children should be vaxxed, let alone children with already compromised immune systems, but if the pro side is going to continue to argue for stricter enforcements so that the immune compromised who "can't be vaccinated" are protected by the herd, how does this recommendation change things?

#2 of 11 Old 03-26-2014, 07:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

All I can say is they are delusional and have lost all capacity for rational thinking. 

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#3 of 11 Old 03-26-2014, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post
So... I don't think normal healthy children should be vaxxed, let alone children with already compromised immune systems, but if the pro side is going to continue to argue for stricter enforcements so that the immune compromised who "can't be vaccinated" are protected by the herd, how does this recommendation change things?

It won't change anything. "Immune compromised" is a fun word for pro vax side to throw around to pretend they care about unknown kids. There is no such thing to them.

(If only 1 out of a million gets hurt from a vax anyhow, out of the 4 million kids born each year: that make 4 adverse accounts a year. It is safer to vax them all you see! :irked)

I have never seen or heard of ONE case of a person with any issue that shouldn't be vaxed according to them. They might make an exception to one or two vaxes but that is it.

(The only time I have seen consensus is when a person is under going cancer treatment: but that only counts for that time and to stay away from certain freshly vaxed people. This is a disease being treated however and still doesn't count in my book the way they use the word.)

Try to find me ONE case on the debate forum where any of the pro-vax would say: yes that is what we mean by immune compromised. There is no agreement, unity or meaning for most. Again, it is just a word.

Mirzam and applejuice like this.

S

DS-14

DS-14      

DD-9

DD-3

"Those who are afraid retreat.
Those who are brave grow greater.
Never fear, always grow."

Sun Tzu

#4 of 11 Old 03-26-2014, 07:56 AM

This brings into play the very premise of how vaccines work. Hilary Butler in one of her articles writes that the medical textbooks state that antibodies are not relevant in measles because the virus is fought and overcome by front-line defenses, not by antibodies. Therefore a child who is unable to make antibodies can sail through measles with a normal course and not get it again. Antibodies are simply a by-product of the process and play no role in a first experience of any disease. However, if a person is immunosupressed by toxic drugs, that is a whole different thing and they can die of measles because the drugs have knocked out the immune system. So how would antibodies help them anyway? Of course this further highlights the delusional nature of western medicine, rather than support the immune system to do its work, they disable it with drugs.

applejuice likes this.

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#5 of 11 Old 03-26-2014, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

And they're specifically recommending the FLU SHOT?  Which doesn't work, and which is known to cause/trigger autoimmune disorders?  And which is mostly available in thimerosal-preserved form?

When does the denial stop?  When every doctor has seen a reaction in his or her own children?  Or not even then?

applejuice likes this.
#6 of 11 Old 03-26-2014, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Pay no mind to the vaccine inserts which generally list these things as contraindications for vaxxing......

#7 of 11 Old 03-26-2014, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post

good point.

applejuice likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#8 of 11 Old 03-26-2014, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

The argument for immunizing healthy people to protect the immuno-compromised always makes me laugh! 

In real life, I was told to keep all those recently vaccinated children AWAY from my stage D, cancer ridden husband; our good friend who had a kidney transplant could not see his grandchildren when they were recently vaccinated.  Both have passed on.

I have been called a liar for telling this story.  I have also been told I am stupid because I did not understand the admonition of the oncologists or I did not hear them right. Now I am told that the drugs and vaccines are different now than they were so many years ago. Lies, all of them are lies.   I know what I heard. 

"Keep all recently vaccinated children away from your husband."  Pretty simple. I did it.

Now they want to give these poor people who are already suffering more vaccines. Terrible thinking.

#9 of 11 Old 03-26-2014, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post

The argument for immunizing healthy people to protect the immuno-compromised always makes me laugh! 

In real life, I was told to keep all those recently vaccinated children AWAY from my stage D, cancer ridden husband; our good friend who had a kidney transplant could not see his grandchildren when they were recently vaccinated.  Both have passed on.

I have been called a liar for telling this story.  I have also been told I am stupid because I did not understand the admonition of the oncologists or I did not hear them right. Now I am told that the drugs and vaccines are different now than they were so many years ago. Lies, all of them are lies.   I know what I heard. 

"Keep all recently vaccinated children away from your husband."  Pretty simple. I did it.

Now they want to give these poor people who are already suffering more vaccines. Terrible thinking.

When my oldest got oral polio vaccine, I was told to keep him away from anyone undergoing chemo or on steroid therapy, and I was told to be extremely careful changing diapers, as he would be shedding live polio virus in his feces.  I was also told not to use cloth diapers for 3 weeks.

#10 of 11 Old 03-26-2014, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

The Father-In-Law of Jenna Bush Hager, daughter of George W. was not warned about that and he paid for it with his mobility and health.

https://engineering.purdue.edu/ME/People/DEAs/hager.html

Quote:

John Hager was 34 and life was flowing smoothly. He had just been given the biggest promotion of his career, he and his wife, Margaret, had recently welcomed their first child, and he was on his way to the top of the corporate world. That was one day in August 1973; the next day, his life changed forever.

Polio, which had disabled thousands of Americans in the 1950s, had been nearly eradicated by the Salk vaccine. But when his infant son was inoculated against polio with the live-virus Sabin vaccine in August 1973, Hager contracted the disease from the vaccine and nearly died. After four months of hospitalization and rehabilitation, he emerged–without the use of his legs–to a new life.

Notice how the Salk vaccine is praised for eradicating polio in the piece, first, before they report how the Sabin vaccine disabled him. Parsing words.

Mirzam likes this.
#11 of 11 Old 03-26-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5

When my oldest got oral polio vaccine, I was told to keep him away from anyone undergoing chemo or on steroid therapy, and I was told to be extremely careful changing diapers, as he would be shedding live polio virus in his feces.  I was also told not to use cloth diapers for 3 weeks.

My oldest also got the live polio, but I was told nothing. This was in Hong Kong though.

applejuice likes this.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page