Never Miss an Opportunity... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-28-2014, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

to speak out against Jenny McCarthy's very very bad dangerous anti-vaxx beliefs.

(ETA: Buried in the bottom of an article NOT about vaccines...)

Quote:

We don't mean to harp on the actress, whose layperson experiments are her own business. But given the reach of celebrity health claims, combined with their lack of expertise and occasionally harmful -- even deadly -- consequences, it's important to address what's informed and based in fact and what's merely the opinion of a non-medical professional.

-- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/26/shailene-woodley-eat-clay_n_5030570.html

I know Huffington Post is hardly the epitome of serious news reporting, but seriously they are using *that* ^^ website as their source? :eyesroll 

BeckyBird likes this.

#2 of 5 Old 03-28-2014, 09:58 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Ridiculous. 
Jenny's son was labeled as autistic. The medical establishment told her there was nothing they could do to cure him. She turned to alternative methods, such as diet change. Viola! His symptoms lessened, which encouraged her to continue. Eventually, because of her diligence, her son is doing great! 

People who criticize her are just upset that she spoke out against unsafe vaccines. Don't they have anything positive to say about a mother who healed her son?? She is an inspiration because of that. I don't care if she adored vaccines; I would still be impressed by the way she helped her son. The critics cannot see past the fact that she said something negative about their precious idol, the vaccine.

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

#3 of 5 Old 03-29-2014, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post

Ridiculous. 
Jenny's son was labeled as autistic. The medical establishment told her there was nothing they could do to cure him. She turned to alternative methods, such as diet change. Viola! His symptoms lessened, which encouraged her to continue. Eventually, because of her diligence, her son is doing great!

People who criticize her are just upset that she spoke out against unsafe vaccines. Don't they have anything positive to say about a mother who healed her son?? She is an inspiration because of that. I don't care if she adored vaccines; I would still be impressed by the way she helped her son. The critics cannot see past the fact that she said something negative about their precious idol, the vaccine.

:truedat:  Seriously, I'm also baffled that people completely overlook the fact that she healed her kid - or claim he never had issues to begin with - because after all, autism isn't curable because there's no pill for that!

BeckyBird likes this.
#4 of 5 Old 03-29-2014, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
or claim he never had issues to begin with

No kidding... How many times was he taken by ambulance to the hospital? Would it be too much to ask those who are going to criticize her to at least *read* what she has to say about Evan, about how incredibly sick he was?

BeckyBird and sassyfirechick like this.

#5 of 5 Old 03-29-2014, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Especially since Evan was officially diagnosed by "real" doctors.

No, it is way more fun to make fun of Jenny! Why would they ever read her book--because it will show she is a dedicated mom, just like them? A real human with a heart? If my child were autistic, I think I would want to hear from parents that helped their children. The standard reply from medical establishments is that there is no cure for autism, and certainly no reason to pay attention to nutrition and chemicals!!

sassyfirechick likes this.

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page