Circumcision Rates Fall Despite Health Risks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 04-02-2014, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Yes, I am posting this on the I'm Not Vaccinating forums on purpose. Read through it and I think you will see why...

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/circumcision-rate-falls-despite-health-risks-n69891

It reads eerily like a piece on vaccination and even compares the necessity of circumcision to the necessity of vaccinating, complete with the bad mommy talks doctors are supposed to give their patients if they question them on it.

#2 of 23 Old 04-02-2014, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post

Yes, I am posting this on the I'm Not Vaccinating forums on purpose. Read through it and I think you will see why...

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/circumcision-rate-falls-despite-health-risks-n69891

It reads eerily like a piece on vaccination and even compares the necessity of circumcision to the necessity of vaccinating, complete with the bad mommy talks doctors are supposed to give their patients if they question them on it.

Quote:
Doctors and parents should look at circumcision in the same way they look at vaccinations, Morris said. Parents might be hesitant to get their newborn sons circumcised, but they should recognize it as surgery that will improve health.

And this presumably was said in all seriousness..... banghead.gif

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#3 of 23 Old 04-02-2014, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)

My DS is 11, uncircumcised, and perfectly healthy. I didn't mess around with his foreskin either. I know doctors recommend pulling the skin back to clean the area, but maybe that is why uncircumcised boys have problems, because of soap and antibacterials in that area? Supposedly, there is a risk for girls and women if they sit in a soapy tub too long, so would this also be true for soap trapped under the foreskin? Or, maybe too much soap kills off beneficial bacteria, which may lead to infection? If that's the case, well then leave the boys uncircumcised, and teach parents the correct way to keep it clean! Don't cut on infants, duh!

Quote:
 health benefits of circumcision exceeded the risks by more than 100 to 1

The same way they represent the ratio of disease risks to vaccine risks! I wonder if this article will bother people who did not circumcise but fully vaccinate. Will they see what we've been dealing with all these years? Will they continue to excuse the media and medical authorities, or will this give them reason to question the system?

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#4 of 23 Old 04-02-2014, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Scary. And definitely not always left up to the parents, as many horror stories here on mothering reveal.

applejuice likes this.

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

#5 of 23 Old 04-02-2014, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am deeply saddened by that article. Are they for real???
applejuice likes this.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#6 of 23 Old 04-02-2014, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

As always, follow the money.

"One baby foreskin can be stretched to grow almost $100,000 worth of fibroblasts"

Isn't that special. :angry

#7 of 23 Old 04-02-2014, 04:09 PM

Hmmm, Chicharronita, I believe you've got it! Note how the parents, or child, do not receive any compensation for the foreskin, and actually have to pay for the procedure (or through insurance, which is still a form of payment).

Follow the money indeed. Listen to this medical advice, which is most likely more of a ploy for $$ than a true health concern. Gee, what does this remind you of? The entire drug-based health system?

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#8 of 23 Old 04-02-2014, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Truly sickening
applejuice likes this.

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#9 of 23 Old 04-02-2014, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Sigh....

The most common medical problems associated with an intact foreskin are bacterial and viral infections, including urinary tract infections and sexually transmitted diseases

Again with the STD's!!   Seriously where are all these promiscuous newborns coming from that they need to be circ'd and vaxxed for hep B the day they are born??!  How about this - you reach adulthood and want it done, by all means, but leave the babies alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicharronita View Post

As always, follow the money.

"One baby foreskin can be stretched to grow almost $100,000 worth of fibroblasts"

Isn't that special. :angry

O.M.G.....that is truly disturbing....who the @#$% even came up with that idea????? Every time I think I've heard it all.....

#10 of 23 Old 04-03-2014, 04:48 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Transhumanism taking place before our eyes, in our lifetime....i shudder to think what our great grankids will see and endure if they live in the USA

#11 of 23 Old 04-03-2014, 05:34 AM

Quoted: 164 Post(s)

"The international team of researchers say that's worrisome because uncircumcised infants are at a greater risk for urinary tract infections, which can lead to kidney damage. "

I thought the above quote was interesting.  

It reminds me of a vaccination argument:

" measles is a cause of ear infections and ear infection can cause deafness!"

Kids, unfortunately, get ear infections all.the.time  and doctors do not wring their hands over an individual ear infection.  The patient is prescribed antibiotics and sent on their merry way.  However, if the ear infection is tied to a VAD, then suddenly it is a major deal.

Typically simple to treat things like UTI and ear infections are often only cause for hand wringing when TPTB want to influence you to do something.  

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#12 of 23 Old 04-03-2014, 06:02 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
There may be a greater risk of UTI but the absolute risk must be pretty small. I've been working in EDs around Australia for 14 years now. Our circ rate is about 10-25%, I believe, and we are not seeing lots of small boys with UTIs. Anecdotal obviously but we do tend to be aware of trends and then people start publishing and I haven't seen any articles either.
BeckyBird likes this.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#13 of 23 Old 04-03-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

Transhumanism taking place before our eyes, in our lifetime....i shudder to think what our great grankids will see and endure if they live in the USA

Two words:  Soylent. Green.

Mirzam, applejuice and mamapigeon like this.

#14 of 23 Old 04-03-2014, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Medical-industrial complex, you're at it again.

When I have a UTI, I chug some antibiotics. I don't go chopping off body parts to prevent it. While we're at it, let's remove our breasts and wombs to prevent cancer. eyesroll.gif

But yes, I see the connection. They put out a press release guilting parents into questionable medical decisions. Let's keep lowering those circ rates, America, and show *them* who's boss.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#15 of 23 Old 04-03-2014, 08:06 AM

The article comments aren't loading for me. It's just as well. I'd like to keep my blood pressure at its healthfully low levels.
japonica and sassyfirechick like this.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#16 of 23 Old 04-03-2014, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How this is news - the journalist is either a circumfetish or plain stupid and lazy for not fact checking. Brian Morris is known to be a circumfetish-creepo. Read up on him. How any sane person could ever quote that CREEP is beyond me.

applejuice likes this.
#17 of 23 Old 04-03-2014, 05:01 PM

Oh, wow. Just when I thought I'd heard everything. The unimaginable level of corruption is really starting to get me down.

bftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifcd.gif  novaxnoIRC.gifmom to 1 DD (4/13) luxlove.gif

#18 of 23 Old 04-03-2014, 06:33 PM

The STD thing bugs me, too. It boils down to this. To prevent HIV, a guy has two choices. He can undergo invasive corrective surgery and wear a condom, or he can stay in-tact and wear a condom. Yea. Tough choice. eyesroll.gif

If I could give new parents one little bitty bit of advice, it is never to base their medical decisions on mainstream media articles.

#19 of 23 Old 04-04-2014, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

That article just got me fuming. Wow, male genital mutilation is supposed to be healthier than the way nature designed it? For real!!! In my country (Germany) a circ is only done if medically absolutely necessary. I have not heard or read anything about all these poor baby boys falling ill with UTIs etc like stated in that shabby piece of propaganda. One should really look at the historic facts how circs were introduced to the US public. Thanks to Dr. Kellog:

"A remedy [for masturbation] which is almost always successful in small boys is circumcision...The operation should be performed by a surgeon without administering an anesthetic, as the brief pain attending the operation will have a salutary effect upon the mind...In females, the author has found the application of pure carbolic acid to the clitoris an excellent means of allaying the abnormal excitement. " -- Dr. John Harvey Kellogg

and then going on to compare this to vaccines is just beyond me!

applejuice and BeckyBird like this.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#20 of 23 Old 04-04-2014, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

here's another doozy

Circumcision should be offered 'like vaccines' to the parents of baby boys, study claims

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2595307/Circumcision-offered-like-vaccines-parents-baby-boys-study-claims.html#ixzz2xy5iVJHU 

#21 of 23 Old 04-04-2014, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
And if the whole reasoning behind circ'ing was so boys would quit playing with themselves, why do they still bother? 2 of my boys are unfortunately circ'd and they have played with themselves ever since the day the discovered it. That line at the end about whatever acid on the clitoris, makes me shudder.

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#22 of 23 Old 04-04-2014, 07:17 PM

Intact is a better word to use for a normal penis.  Uncircumcised makes it sound as if to be circumcised is the normal state of a penis to be in.  ;)

Yes, I am an intactivist to 4 whole, intact, healthy boys!

applejuice and Turquesa like this.
#23 of 23 Old 04-05-2014, 12:02 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katelove View Post

There may be a greater risk of UTI but the absolute risk must be pretty small. I've been working in EDs around Australia for 14 years now. Our circ rate is about 10-25%, I believe, and we are not seeing lots of small boys with UTIs. Anecdotal obviously but we do tend to be aware of trends and then people start publishing and I haven't seen any articles either.

Exactly. I wish there was more discussion on how this push for circing in the US seems to be more of a cultural phenomenon than based in medical fact. How else to explain that other developed Western nations that do not have high RIC rates are not re-evaluating their stances nor advocating that parents choose RIC for supposed health benefits?

If the benefit were as tangible as purported, wouldn't Sweden, Finland, and the Netherlands have jumped on the bandwagon?

Mirzam, applejuice and kathymuggle like this.

Mother to DD#1  s/b @40w 2003 for unknown reasons; DD#2   9.5 years old; DS  6 years old 
  Why are daughters protected but not sons?

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page