Living Sick and Dying Young in Rich America - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-07-2014, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Are pro-vaxers just handing over their health to drug companies? I think so. 

They're buying into this system.

http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/living-sick-and-dying-young-in-rich-america/

Quote:

Why are We so Sick?

The short answer is we are sick because of prescription drugs, vaccines, a high carbohydrate diet, refined and processed food, genetically engineered food, pesticides contamination of food, environmental toxins, and electromagnetic smog, just to name a few.  We are sick, because we have been trained to believe that the condition of our health is outside of our control, and we do not have responsibility for our poor health. We are sick, because we have been taught to believe that there is a pill for every illness and for every conditions of life that we don’t want to experience.  We are sick, because disinformation campaigns attack the use of medical diets that can reverse the progression of many chronic degenerative illnesses. We are sick because the use of less toxic and more effective alternatives treatments for chronic illness are suppressed by the FDA and the pharmaceutical industry.

Quote:
 “The “medicines” themselves are often devoid of intrinsic value, being nothing more than rebranded and re-purposed chemicals, intended (though all too often failing) to be administered in sub-lethal concentrations. Indeed, many of these chemicals are too toxic to be legally released into the environment, and should never be administered intentionally to a human who is already sick. You need look no farther than a typical drug package insert to find proof that the side effects of most drugs far outnumber their purported beneficial effects.”

Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.
#2 of 7 Old 04-07-2014, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)

I wouldn't limit it to the pro-vaxers. I'd say it's true of most of Western society.

I think what we're talking about is a mindset that has been carefully cultivated over several decades, by the pharmaceutical industry. Until quite recently, they pretty much only needed to convince the doctors, which was fairly easy, given that the pharmaceutical industry controls a good part of instruction at medical school, at Continuing Medical Education classes, and even coming into the office to "educate" physicians on the benefits of newly available drugs.

But since the pharmaceutical industry was allowed to advertise on TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, billboards, etc., they have seized the opportunity to aggressively market to the consumer.  More troubling is the power they wield over the media: with all the advertising dollars they spend on media, if they don't like, say, how a talk show host presents issues with Gardasil, all they have to do is threaten to pull their ads (and advertising dollars), which would effectively bankrupt the TV or cable channel.

Since they started controlling politics (they fund just about every candidate for office, regardless of party), the medical insurance industry, and, as mentioned above, the news media, the pharmaceutical industry's power is almost absolute.

For now, it is only the internet that is keeping us from a medical dictatorship.

Mirzam, applejuice and BeckyBird like this.
#3 of 7 Old 04-07-2014, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
 I wouldn't limit it to the pro-vaxers. I'd say it's true of most of Western society.

By pro-vaxers, I guess I'm referring to most of Western society. I think if you're pro-vax (and by that I mean anyone who believes in the necessity of vaccines), then you're putting your faith in Western medicine and ultimately, big Pharma. I don't think that one can truly believe in the body's amazing capabilities to stay healthy and heal itself if you're willing to inject those toxins into your body. And let's face it, most people who vaccinate don't do a second of research about vaccines before allowing their children to be injected. Blind faith. In a system that is failing miserably.

Mirzam and applejuice like this.

Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.
#4 of 7 Old 04-07-2014, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)

I think pharmaceutical acceptance is a spectrum.

On one end you have those who try hard to avoid pharmaceutical (A)  and on the other you have people turn to them quickly and easily (C ).  B is in the middle

Many non-vaxxers are A, many pro -vaxxers are C, and B can go either way.

For a cool look at our pharma-culture, check out this art installment and article:

http://www.pharmacopoeia-art.net/articles/in-sickness-and-in-health/

applejuice likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#5 of 7 Old 04-07-2014, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

30+ years ago, when I was discussing having my babies at home, many of my friends told me that having the baby in the hospital and caring for the baby was the job of the hospital - "it is the hospital's problem".

<gasp>

That is such a sad attitude, because, eventually, that baby goes home with the parents and the parents  have to deal with whatever condition the baby is in. I tried to get them to see that they will live with whatever decisions are made for them in the course of labor/deliver/recovery and the neonatal period and that they needed to  be proactive in the decision making for all of it. 

People need to take responsibility for their health, because no one else cares.

Mirzam likes this.
#6 of 7 Old 04-07-2014, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloebelle View Post

By pro-vaxers, I guess I'm referring to most of Western society. I think if you're pro-vax (and by that I mean anyone who believes in the necessity of vaccines), then you're putting your faith in Western medicine and ultimately, big Pharma. I don't think that one can truly believe in the body's amazing capabilities to stay healthy and heal itself if you're willing to inject those toxins into your body. And let's face it, most people who vaccinate don't do a second of research about vaccines before allowing their children to be injected. Blind faith. In a system that is failing miserably.

Wellll, yeah, sort of.  But I don't think it came from a lack of belief in the body; I think the pharmaceutical industry capitalized on the fear that arose from some really deadly outbreaks--and nobody realized that there were other factors besides a virus and an immune system, just like nobody until Semelweiss realized the impact that hand washing could have.

Even now, the best and brightest scientists are hyper-focused on finding ONE MAGIC BULLET, whether that bullet is to cure/prevent autism, or cancer, or the flu, or any other health condition.

And that's a huge error, because disease and complications are not the result of ONE MAGIC BULLET.

They're the result of a whole firing squad.

Look at all the issues that are involved: viruses, bacteria, fungi, autoimmune activity, allergies, adequate nutrition, adequate rest, adequate exercise, vitamin deficiencies, drug reactions, drug interactions, airborne toxins, pesticides, hormones and antibiotics in the food supply, artificial colors and flavors, and I'm sure there's a whole bunch more that I couldn't think of.

We don't know how all of these things interact, and researchers are still struggling to fully understand the human immune system.

So I can't blame people for being reluctant to trust their immune when so little is understood about autoimmunity, and when, even without vaccines, we have so many assaults on our immune systems.

applejuice likes this.
#7 of 7 Old 04-08-2014, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post

People need to take responsibility for their health, because no one else cares.

This right here, and it's not just health, but responsibility in general.  I got into a HUGE heated discussion at work today with my coworker over school - she's oblivious to common core and standardized testing altogether, other than that "she likes it" because she claims standardized testing it what got her child (now 17) extra help.  NO, you got your child extra help by calling up the school.  She falls in the category that "teachers jobs are to teach, once I hand my kid off to the school I wipe my hands of any responsibility for the education of my child" (similarly she falls into this same parallel category for health care - do as you're told because it's their job to be the experts).  When did we become so uninvolved in our own lives and that of our children? It kills me! And it was so not good for my stress levels this morning either!!  Own up to the fact that YOU are responsible for you and your underage children - no one will every put you as high priority wise as you should yourself.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page