There's no such thing as a 'good reaction' to a vaccine - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 04-14-2014, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

At least imo...

saw this, and what is your thoughts on it? Do you think the child is contagious? I do..

This came through my newsfeed from a friend... and this scares and concerns me on so many levels. Here was her status update: "L is feeling better after an allergic reaction to the measles vaccine. The doctor says the reaction is a good thing because it means it worked..."

Oh my goodness... this makes me scared and sad in so many ways.

1)This isn't an "allergic reaction". It's MEASLES. I looked up google images-- they're exactly the same! That a doctor would call it an allergic reaction and feel good about the result is horrifying.
2)That this child could have exposed it to others as a result of being vaccinated proves the concept that the vaccine is keeping the disease alive.
3)Do you think this was reported to the VAERS system? Heck no! The doctor says it's a good thing, not a bad thing!
4)Do you think this will make the statistical analysis of cases of measles? From a child who was just vaccinated for it? No! Wouldn't that mess up their statistics?

10153630_10152291403227510_73698513360629828_n.jpg?oh=86f670b2de06ef9192eb97313b24f1ef&oe=534DC1CD&__gda__=1397595022_4611772a5d5639ded5bc1c60d6f69d1f

#2 of 27 Old 04-14-2014, 05:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Couldn't agree with you more!

applejuice likes this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#3 of 27 Old 04-14-2014, 05:51 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
 The doctor says the reaction is a good thing because it means it worked.

Vaccines are only capable of good reactions, but never bad ones!! It's logical, right?

applejuice likes this.

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

#4 of 27 Old 04-14-2014, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

That doesn't scare me, because measles doesn't scare me. But it does anger me that most likely, "the unvaccinated" will be blamed if anyone get measles from this baby.

Mirzam, applejuice and Taximom5 like this.
#5 of 27 Old 04-14-2014, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2two View Post

That doesn't scare me, because measles doesn't scare me. But it does anger me that most likely, "the unvaccinated" will be blamed if anyone get measles from this baby.

Yeah, I kind of thought - oh, cool, baby will now be well protected from the measles due to having had the measles.  Clearly the vaccine did not work as intended.  I hope the family runs titres before doing a second shot.  

applejuice and Taximom5 like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#6 of 27 Old 04-14-2014, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

horrible.

applejuice likes this.
#7 of 27 Old 04-14-2014, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Was the doctor actually calling it an allergic reaction? Wow! I thought those were a super 1-in-a-million rare reaction?! And now they are a good thing??? bigeyes.gif

I've never had or seen a case of measles in person but that is exactly what all the pictures that keep circling facebook look like.

applejuice likes this.

#8 of 27 Old 04-14-2014, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

I've never seen measles, but I don't want anybody like that around me or my family unless it's clear what it is and that there will be exposure ("pox parties" for example).

Yikes.

applejuice likes this.

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

tiny.human v2.0 summer 2014

#9 of 27 Old 04-14-2014, 03:54 PM

And it's not just a rash--she said her child is now "feeling better." Which means he was feeling sick. Hmm, feeling sick, plus a rash that looks exactly like a measles rash. Could it be....measles?

applejuice and Taximom5 like this.
#10 of 27 Old 04-14-2014, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Is it Rubella or Measles?
Hard to tell just from a picture because they look very similar. Rubella tends to have a low fever and the spots appear then fade over about 3 days. Sometimes it's called 3 day measles.
My understanding is that measles lasts closer to a week or 10 days, much like chicken pox.
applejuice likes this.
#11 of 27 Old 04-14-2014, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Is that a photo that she posted of her child? I feel uncomfortable that we are all looking at it without her knowledge. I know that would bother me if I were the mother..

I think that doctor is way off, of course. It's a shame he is spreading that type of misinformation and that this child had to suffer. Ugh.
applejuice likes this.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#12 of 27 Old 04-14-2014, 11:55 PM

Nobody can be identified by the photo, plus she posted it on Facebook. I don't feel bad talking about it.

applejuice and sassyfirechick like this.
#13 of 27 Old 04-15-2014, 04:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2two View Post

Nobody can be identified by the photo, plus she posted it on Facebook. I don't feel bad talking about it.

I agree...it was posted on fb, she wanted people's opinions, and i'm sure many others are talking about it too, and shared the pic...when someone posts a pic on Fb, any privacy is thrown out the window.  

#14 of 27 Old 04-15-2014, 06:19 AM

I was on a pinterest spree this morning and typing in "measles treatment" I came across this lovely link:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2331357_treat-measles-rash-after-mmr.html

Hardly a reputable source, BUT, it's one of those sites that always comes out on top in searches so likely many people are seeing the title "How to treat Measles rash after MMR shot", and this is the first thing you read:

Quote:

The MMR vaccine is a mixture of three live viruses, administered by injection for immunization against measles, mumps and rubella. It is usually given to children under the age of 2 during their routine shot vaccinations. Sometimes a child gets a rash that looks like the measles once the shot has been given. No need to panic, it is not measles, it is just a reaction from the live virus.

No need to panic - because if it looks like a rat and smells like a rat - it can't be a rat!

My daughter has an oat allergy and in my experience allergic rashes have a different appearance from viral ones.  Not to mention the lack of pain or fever with allergic reactions.  But yet people are going to believe a doctor telling them that a rash, fever and other symptoms of illness following a live virus is in no way the virus and nothing to be concerned about.....

Mirzam, applejuice and serenbat like this.
#15 of 27 Old 04-15-2014, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfirechick View Post

I was on a pinterest spree this morning and typing in "measles treatment" I came across this lovely link:

Hardly a reputable source, BUT, it's one of those sites that always comes out on top in searches so likely many people are seeing the title "How to treat Measles rash after MMR shot", and this is the first thing you read:

No need to panic - because if it looks like a rat and smells like a rat - it can't be a rat!

My daughter has an oat allergy and in my experience allergic rashes have a different appearance from viral ones.  Not to mention the lack of pain or fever with allergic reactions.  But yet people are going to believe a doctor telling them that a rash, fever and other symptoms of illness following a live virus is in no way the virus and nothing to be concerned about.....

They have been spewing that lie for decades, which makes me think that is why measles is still in circulation in the USA

fruitfulmomma and applejuice like this.
#16 of 27 Old 04-15-2014, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I do not think doctors know what a measles rash looks like. That means that measles is still around and are not being reported.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#17 of 27 Old 04-15-2014, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfirechick View Post

I love how we are to by into that this "rash" can't be contagious either!

Measles is contagious, we know getting the vaccine you can also get measles and those CAN who do get it ARE contagious but this "rash" following the vaccines is NOT??? headscratch.gif 

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#18 of 27 Old 04-15-2014, 07:36 AM

excellent points, serenbat, all around!!

I wonder if this reaction gives the vaccinee lifetime immunity as having the disease gives.  I wonder because the immune reaction is not a normal reaction, so how can the immunity be normal?

The answer is,  "we do not know and we do not care. Just get your damn shot!"

sassyfirechick likes this.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#19 of 27 Old 04-15-2014, 07:45 AM

I doubt it does applejuice. The rash is the result of an unnatural exposure to the virus. Not to mention it is a weaponized, mutated strain, by the very nature of how the vaccine is manufactured, so you really have no sure way of knowing what it does to the body. It is ironic that the vaccine gives you the very same disease you wanted protection against.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#20 of 27 Old 04-15-2014, 01:20 PM

Ugh.  Just now someone on my FB posted about her LO growing up and reminiscing to her 1wk apt now she's a year and "...and she took all four of her shots like a champ...love my sweet girl".  FOUR.  In one visit.  I want to cry for that kid even if she didn't!  That would mean by reasonable deduction Hep A, MMRV, HIB and pneumo.  Ugh!! Let's see if she reacts to anything.....

#21 of 27 Old 04-15-2014, 01:31 PM

sassyfirechick, I think that would be seven diseases in four shots, not four!  MMRV = four diseases in one shot.

Mirzam, I also worry about my own little one who had a mild case of measles at age eight months; I wonder if he was able to acquire lifetime immunity to measles, at eight months, if he got the measles from a child that was recently vaccinated and got the vaccine-generated version of measles! 

I have to be realistic.  No one really knows the answer to that question, and there is no interest in researching the question. 

#22 of 27 Old 04-15-2014, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all! I am a college student conducting a survey on vaccinations for children for a class that I am in. The survey will take 5-10 minutes and is only 10 questions long. If you can spare a couple of minutes I would be really grateful for your responses. The link is below.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KGXT8KZ

Thanks!!!

#23 of 27 Old 04-15-2014, 02:38 PM

No,  thank you.

Mirzam likes this.

#24 of 27 Old 04-15-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post

sassyfirechick, I think that would be seven diseases in four shots, not four!  MMRV = four diseases in one shot.

Mirzam, I also worry about my own little one who had a mild case of measles at age eight months; I wonder if he was able to acquire lifetime immunity to measles, at eight months, if he got the measles from a child that was recently vaccinated and got the vaccine-generated version of measles!

I have to be realistic.  No one really knows the answer to that question, and there is no interest in researching the question.

Oh I know, and 13 strains of pneumo in the prevnar, just disgusting!

applejuice likes this.
#25 of 27 Old 04-15-2014, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike12 View Post

Hi all! I am a college student conducting a survey on vaccinations for children for a class that I am in.

Thanks!!!

This survey does not look like something that went through an appropriate process. Here is a great example of what you need to consider and the reminder that student research surveys should be approved by an ethics board. http://www.swarthmore.edu/Documents/administration/ir/SwarthmoreSurveyGuidelines.pdf

I recommend starting your own thread in this forum and providing pertinent info about how this information will be used and either contact info for your advising professor or ethics review board. Otherwise I doubt anyone will take your request seriously.

Good luck with your research!
#26 of 27 Old 04-15-2014, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike12 View Post

Hi all! I am a college student conducting a survey on vaccinations for children for a class that I am in. The survey will take 5-10 minutes and is only 10 questions long. If you can spare a couple of minutes I would be really grateful for your responses. The link is below.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KGXT8KZ

Thanks!!!

You should probably start your own post on this, rather than derailing mine...thanks

#27 of 27 Old 04-16-2014, 10:39 AM

Before the introduction of the Vax: the Illness would be diagnosed with:

1. Generalized rash lasting around 3 days

2.Temp at or above 101 and

3.Cough, coryza or conjunctivitis

Serologic verification and contact with another verified case was not necessary before the vaccination era, even though there are at least 10 other infections that clinically resemble measles.

What it takes to have a diagnosis now which are very stringent: (not including those who are vaxed)

1. Laboratory confirmation by any of the following:

*Positive serologic test for measles immunoglobulin M antibody;

*Signigicant rise in measles antibody level by any standard serologic assay;

*Isolation of measles virus from a clinical specimen;

*Dectection of measles-virus specific nucleic acid by polymerase chain reaction

* NOTE: A lab confirmined case does not have to have any sign of a rash

(you can find all the above from the CDC website)

HOWEVER.... the biggest bunch of nonsense is the rules that accompany those who have been vaxed.Here is what the CDC has to say:

*Vaccine-induced "measles" is a modified form of measles occurring 5-12 days after measles vaccination. It is not transmissible and should NOT be classified as measles.

*Serologically-diagnosed cases who received a measles-containing vaccine 8 days to 8 weeks before testing may be classified as confirmed measles ONLY if they are also epidemiologically linked to a confirmed case.

I just love that slight of hand. The CDC Still admits that 5-10 percent of vaccinee's develop a rash and fever (another words all the signs of actually having measles) However, no,no.... they will never be counted as they have to be around a "wild case" somewhere out there and get their doctors to even perform a laboratory confirmation. Most are just told it is a normal reaction or allergy apparently.

SO to be FAIR: If we were to count the known cases of measles from vax reaction alone still occuring under the old rules to see what kind of measles rate we still have without all the smoke and mirrors of different criteria. We would have 650,000-1,300,000 cases a year.  *In the US alone by going by the 13-14 million doses of it given out each year into 1 year olds*

Therefore: the cases of measles has actually INCREASED since the release of the vax. And who told us those kids can't spread it????

I am saying all this just to say: this has been what the DR have been told to say since the vax came out. Shocking isn't it!

And that they can't possibly be contagious? Really? Never? They have never tested that and I don't believe it.

S

DS-14

DS-14      

DD-9

DD-3

"Those who are afraid retreat.
Those who are brave grow greater.
Never fear, always grow."

Sun Tzu

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page