Those Pesky "Anti-Vax" Experts - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 04-16-2014, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I'm sick with a non-vaccine targeted illness, so I'm bored an want another fun thread. winky.gif

I often hear people who criticize or raise questions about the current vaccine schedule labeled "anti-vax." I also hear the non-substantiated claim that 99.9% of experts back the U.S. schedule.

So, name your "anti-vax" experts, preferably from the good'ol mainstream, and how each one questions one or more vaccine recommendations. Keep the numbers flowing in order, please. I'll start.

1. My own family doctor, whom I'll call Dr. Smith, is critical of newborn Hep B does and mass chicken pox vaccination.
2. Dr. Bob Sears, who has called aluminum in vaccines into question and proposed schedules and brands to minimize exposure.
3. Dr. Tom Jefferson, a Cochrane Collaboration epidemiologist whose research finds no support for routine infleunza vaccination in most populations.

Have at it, ladies! thumb.gif
applejuice and sassyfirechick like this.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 26 Old 04-17-2014, 05:33 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)

4.  Dr. Diane Harper, a lead researcher in the HPV vaccine.  She has repeatedly said she believes the benefits are bieng over-stated

5.  Tomlijenovic and Shaw - UBC researchers who have raised some concernes about aluminum in vaccines.

Mirzam and applejuice like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#3 of 26 Old 04-17-2014, 06:06 AM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)

6. Dr Suzanne Humphries - curriculum vitae 

7. Boyd Haley - PhD in Chemistry/Biochemistry at Washington State, NIH Postdoctoral Scholar. Yale Medical School. Chair and Professor of Chemistry/Biochemistry University of Kentucky. Testified before Congressional committees and IOM regarding mercury toxicity and neurological diseases.

applejuice likes this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#4 of 26 Old 04-17-2014, 06:08 AM

8. Russell Blaylock M.D. retired neurosurgeon.

applejuice likes this.

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#5 of 26 Old 04-17-2014, 07:06 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)

9. Dr. Yazbak, of Falmouth, Massachusetts, a pediatrician with special training in infectious diseases, was formerly the Assistant Clinical Director of the Charles V. Chapin Hospital, and the Chief of Pediatrics at Woonsocket Hospital in Rhode Island.  He was also Assistant Member of the Institute of Health Sciences and  Pediatric Director of the Child Development Study at Brown University"

"Dr Yazbak practised pediatrics and was a school physician for 34 years in Northern Rhode Island. Since 1998, he has devoted his time to researching the prevalence and causes of auto-immune regressive autism, vaccine injury, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and Shaken Baby Syndrome (SBS). He has served as an expert witness in vaccine injury, autism, and SBS cases, and has written extensively on those subjects."

http://www.jabs.org.uk/articles-by-fedward-yazbak.html

10. The developmental paediatrician who assessed my son.  He was in the December of his career (he retired 2 years later) so he had seen a lot of disease.  When we asked him if we should continue to vaccinate my son (because no matter what reactions or experience we had, I couldn't wrap my head around that something in mainstream medicine could be so dangerous for him) he shook his head no. 

applejuice likes this.

"Practically every food you buy in a store for consumption by humans is genetically modified food"
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Astrophysicist/GMO defender
#6 of 26 Old 04-17-2014, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

11. Dr. Robert S. Mendelsohn, MD, practicing pediatrician and dues paying member of the AMA for 40 years; gives a whole new meaning to "paying dues". He was an author of at least three best-selling books, syndicated columnist, professor of medical ethics, and was an expert witness in many malpractice cases and other cases. Dr. Mendelsohn participated in the Dieckmann Study at the University of Chicago, a double-blind, scientific study to study the effectiveness or lack of effectiveness of DES, diethylstilbestrol, (the Wonder Drug that you should wonder about) during pregnancy to prevent miscarriage. He was medical advisor to LLLI and Project Head Start. He advocated for midwives and for home birth. He was the first pediatrician in the United States to advocate against routine childhood vaccinations; when he did that, during the 1976 Swine Flu fiasco, within a week, he lost 50% of the circulation of his syndicated column, " A Very Second Opinion".

Dr. Mendelsohn said that he followed what his mentors told him to do during the first years of his practice as a pediatrician. In the late 1960s and early 1970s, the damage returned to him.  Cancer of the thyroid from radium boxes on the thymus gland, DES daughters, asthma and allergies from vaccinations were common collateral damage; he asked them why they returned to him when he was the one who caused the damage. This lead him to the belief that obviously the relationship of a patient and a doctor is a sacred relationship, almost religious. That is why he titled his first book, Confessions Of A Medical Heretic.

One of the greatest pleasures of my life were to go to see and hear Dr. Robert S. Mendelsohn at NHF conventions. As a religious Jew, he never lectured on Saturday, but those Friday and Sunday lectures were the highlights of my life.  Once, my oldest son began to fuss during one of his lectures, and I stood up to leave; Dr. Mendelsohn, stopped his lecture and said that he loved it when babies talked back to him and I should not leave.  I laughed and said that I would go out in the hall so that others could hear him but promised not to give my son a bottle. Everyone laughed and applauded.  I bought and still have the tape from that lecture. My son is 31 now, and that is a treasured memory.

Mirzam, Turquesa, OrmEmbar and 2 others like this.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#7 of 26 Old 04-17-2014, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

12. Jay Gordon, M.D., FAAP is critical of the routine, one-size-fits-all use of certain vaccines.

13. Lawrence Rosen, MD, FAAP, has dubbed vaccine "the third rail of pediatrics" and supports non-burdensome exemption policies for parents.

14. Mayer Eisenstein, MD is also an attorney and vaccine choice advocate

15. Dr. Michael T. Osterholm, University of MN infectious disease researcher who cites low efficacy of routine influenza vaccination and has called the vaccine "over hyped."

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#8 of 26 Old 04-17-2014, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

16. Dr. Janek Joschi, who is also a State Rep in Colorado, gave strong testimony against proposed legislation to burden exempting parents with government re-education.

17. Dr. Bernadine Healy, former NIH director, believes there's more to explore on vaccines and autism.

#9 of 26 Old 04-17-2014, 11:57 AM

18. Dr Herbert Ratner, MD

19. Dr Michele Carbone

20. Dr. Bernice Eddy

21. Dr. Maurice Hilleman -

22. Dr. Ben Sweet

All worked to prove that the SV40 virus was in the polio vaccine.

23. Dr. Richard Moskowitz, MD and homeopath.

26. Dr. Kartzinel, Jennifer McCarthy's doctor who wrote the foreward to her book and appeared with her on talkshows.

27. Dr. Mayim Bialik, PhD neurology

*from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Ratner

Quote:
 In 1960 Ratner learned that a government researcher Dr. Bernice Eddy had discovered evidence of a cancer-causing agent that she described as a vacuolating virus in the Salk vaccine rhesus-monkey-kidney culture medium. Dr. Ben Sweet working under Dr. Maurice Hilleman at Merck observed a similar agent in the same kind of medium that they were using to develop a vaccine for adenovirus. The agent was later identified as a monkey virus and named Simian Virus 40 (SV40). Sweet & Hilleman published their work in November 1960 and Eddy published her work in May 1961. The unused box of 1955 Salk polio vaccine Ratner had placed in his refrigerator remained there for more than forty years. In the meantime researchers had begun to discover that SV40 was associated with various cancers. One of these researchers was Dr. Michele Carbone, a molecular pathologist of Italian birth and education, then working at the University of Chicago.

Sweet BH, Hilleman MR. “The vacuolating virus, SV40.” Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 105: 420-27, Nov. 1960.

I do not want to insult you, but wiki has an article about him too. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Hilleman I suppose the reason he is on my list is because at least he was part of the group that admitted and confirmed, however late, that the early polio vaccines contained SV40.  I went to a funeral last November for a friend who suffered for the last 13 years with a brain tumor. It was awful.

Get well, Turquesa!

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#10 of 26 Old 04-17-2014, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

nm
applejuice likes this.

#11 of 26 Old 04-17-2014, 12:00 PM

28. Dr Philip Incao

29. Dr Bernard Rimland

applejuice likes this.

#12 of 26 Old 04-17-2014, 12:14 PM

28. Dr.Archie Kalokerinos https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archie_Kalokerinos

Mirzam likes this.

#13 of 26 Old 04-17-2014, 02:39 PM

29. John Gruelle, author of Raggedy Ann series and father of Marcella Gruelle; not an expert, but he knew his daughter died of a reaction to the smallpox vaccine, sadly and commemorated her memory and the reason she died.

#14 of 26 Old 04-17-2014, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

30. Dr. Dalbergue, a former Merck employee who considers Gardasil "the greatest medical scandal of all times."
31. Sherri Ten penny, D.O., who is pretty much anti-vaccine, IIRC
32. Dr. Paul Thomas, a Portland, OR pediatrician who advertises alternative, individualized vaccine schedules for his patients.
33. Dr. Stacia Kenet Lansman, a Marin County, CA pediatrician who recently got poo-pooed by Mother Jones magazine and Slate for encouraging one shot per visit.
34. Dr. Daniel O'Roark, a Tennesee cardiologist who wrote a compelling Op-Ed against mandatory flu shots for HCWs.
35. Doug McGuff, M.D. an emergency physician who wrote a great blog post on Kevin M.D. against mandatory flu shots for HCWs.

Sorry for not giving links. I gave as much info as I could to keep it brief but googlable.
applejuice likes this.

#15 of 26 Old 04-17-2014, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
36. My kids' pediatrician. An MD, in a large, mainstream practice! Selectively vaxes her own kids (with what and on what schedule, I don't know) and has exemptions on file at their school.
applejuice likes this.

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#16 of 26 Old 04-18-2014, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...but they are all quacks! /sarcasm end
I bet every single one has a page on quack watch. All of them face staunch opposition and name calling. They are ruthlessly 'denounced' as we can't have 'real' doctors ever have as much as a sliver of doubt?!?

37. Dr Deborah Bain.
applejuice and BeckyBird like this.
#17 of 26 Old 04-18-2014, 07:26 AM

So please tell me, how does one find a pediatrician of sorts that will work with you and your infant regarding no vax or selective vax?
Living in northern Cali right now I'm traveling into Oregon for homeopathic advise but would love an MD who works with you in all aspects of alternatives. Any leads?
applejuice likes this.
#18 of 26 Old 04-18-2014, 09:40 AM

38. Dr Randall Tent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuDvRSvyz5Y

39.Dr Lawrence Palvesky http://www.drpalevsky.com/about.asp

applejuice likes this.

#19 of 26 Old 04-18-2014, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mschoonb View Post

So please tell me, how does one find a pediatrician of sorts that will work with you and your infant regarding no vax or selective vax?
Living in northern Cali right now I'm traveling into Oregon for homeopathic advise but would love an MD who works with you in all aspects of alternatives. Any leads?

A few ideas:  (and if you need more ideas, I suggest you start a thread  :)).

There are multiple lists cited here:

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a30859003/new_list_of_vaccine_friendly_doctors_state_by_state

Post in the tribe section on MDC and ask

Ask someone who is alt friendly in your area - a friend, someone from La lache league, the health-food store, homeschoolers, a chiropractor, a midwife if you were lucky enough to have one/know one in the area.  This is how I have gotten two doctors - and while both were/are pro-vax, they both acknowledged parents as decison makers and neither have given me a  hard time

applejuice likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#20 of 26 Old 04-18-2014, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)

40. Dr. Gerhard Buchwald

Quote:
 Vaccines don’t protect. but do harm. A scientific proof of their usefulness has never existed, whereas the severe, sometimes fatal, damages they cause are a proven fact."---Gerhard Buchwald, M.D.

Quote:
 From 1970 to 1982 he was senior physician at the Klinik Franken of the Bundesversicherungsanstalt für Angestellte in Bad Steben, and from 1982 to 1989 he was chief physician at the Klinik am Park in Bad Steben. Since 1990 he has been retired.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#21 of 26 Old 04-19-2014, 08:07 AM

41. Dr Tetyana Obukhanych  author of "Vaccine Illusion: How Vaccination Compromises Our Natural Immunity and What We Can Do to Regain Our Health"

Here's a video on a talk she gave about immunity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h66beBrEpk

"Practically every food you buy in a store for consumption by humans is genetically modified food"
Neil deGrasse Tyson
#22 of 26 Old 04-19-2014, 08:14 AM

42. Dr Vera Scheibner, http://www.vierascheibner.org/

applejuice and rednightingale like this.

#23 of 26 Old 04-19-2014, 01:56 PM

43. Dr. Anthony Capobianco, Glen Cove NY, MD, DO, Homeopath
#24 of 26 Old 04-19-2014, 02:45 PM

44. George Bernard Shaw, not a scientific expert, but a philosopher ...

45. Mahatmas Ghandi, not a scientific expert, but a philosopher ....

46. Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, not a scientific expert, but a philosopher ...

#25 of 26 Old 04-19-2014, 04:11 PM

47. Dr Andrew Wakefield- academic gastroenterologist. Had the decency to listen to the parents of children afflicted with bowel disease, investigate a possible connection to vaccines and paid the ultimate price.  

48. Dr. Carmel Wakefield -wife of Dr. Andrew Wakefield

49. Lisa Blakemore Brown- Psychologist - given the Wakefield treatment http://medicalmisdiagnosisresearch.wordpress.com/2010/12/29/the-professional-assassination-of-autism-expert-lisa-blakemore-brown/

Neil deGrasse Tyson
#26 of 26 Old 05-04-2014, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Hey! Someone already made a list!

http://www.greatergoodmovie.org/news-views/doctors-and-scientists-with-concerns-about-vaccines/

Tags
Vaccinations

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page