More Ontario mandatory vaxxes - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-16-2014, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://m.thestar.com/#!/news/3-more-mandatory-vaccines-for-ontario-schoolchildren/41e32c9d075a0d39728d5d7c2da161bb
applejuice likes this.
#2 of 7 Old 04-16-2014, 05:03 PM

Does this change anything in terms of getting exemptions?
#3 of 7 Old 04-17-2014, 05:24 AM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thispathisme View Post

Does this change anything in terms of getting exemptions?

It doesn't seem like it :)

applejuice likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#4 of 7 Old 04-17-2014, 04:05 PM

Oh, I see. For some reason I just assumed all shots on the Ontario schedule had to be up-to-date to attend school. It didn't even occur to me that there were only a few from the list that were required to attend school.
applejuice likes this.
#5 of 7 Old 04-21-2014, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2014/04/20140418-170413.html

New mandatory vaccines for Ontario students, but loophole remains

•  
  • 5:04 pm, April 18th, 2014
  •  
Quote:
  • LONDON, Ont. - Ontario announced this week it has expanded its list of vaccines children must get to attend school, but it hasn't closed a loophole that allows parents to exempt their kids by simply filling out a form.

Health Minister Deb Matthews speaks of mandatory vaccines, but parents have always been able to exempt their children by signing an affidavit affirming their position based on conscience or religion.

Dr. Chistopher Mackie, London's medical officer of health, says the exemption puts kids at risk.

Some who oppose vaccines say it's unethical to force anyone to get one, but Mackie thinks the ethical argument should be turned on its head.

"(Parents are) robbing a child of protection and (putting) other children at risk too," he said.

Robbed of protection??  LOL....

applejuice likes this.
#6 of 7 Old 04-21-2014, 08:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
To me the creepy part is referring to an expressly, legally, and in Canada's case, *constitutionally* granted human right as a "loophole." Ashley Shelby, the co-founder of Voices for Vaccines, pulls that same rhetorical tactic in an op-ed demanding, among other ridiculousness, sincerity testing for exempting parents: http://www.startribune.com/opinion/commentaries/118396204.html

(I like this article in that it shows the true agenda that VfV will no longer own up to).

Apparently a "loophole" is any human right that naysayers want to see abolished. I'm sure that a lot of bigots out there resent all of the "loopholes" created by the civil rights movement.

Also, if these "journalists" are concerned about children getting "robbed" of protection, maybe they should take a careful look at all of the vaccines that are failing on the very people who trusted them.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#7 of 7 Old 04-21-2014, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)

Vaccines aren't required for school where I live.

When the Grade 5 vaccines (Hep B, and HPV) or the Grade 9 vaccines (TdaP and Meningococcal ) were being given at school, I just had to return the consent forms with "refused" written on them.  

Since informed consent needs to be given to get them, then why do I need to refuse the vaccines?  

The default should be no vaccines but if you want to partake then sign a consent form.

But I think it is set up this way to give the impression that everyone consents.  I know my youngest son was asked by his grade 5 teacher why he wasn't getting the vaccines and she seemed pretty shocked we were declining them.

applejuice likes this.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page