3Likes
  • 1 Post By Turquesa
  • 2 Post By blessedwithboys

#1 of 9 Old 06-08-2014, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Burn and tetanus

Today my toddler got burned from going down a hot slide on the playground. The skin turned pink and there was a thin layer of skin that came off. Just now, a few hours after it happened, I noticed a small blister.
She understandably cried for a while, but then came down and seemed fine. It's on her lower abdomen and her diaper is touching it a bit, which doesn't seem to bother her.
My husband spoke to the pedis office and they mentioned a tetanus booster. She is completely unvaccinated, but I am getting worried. According to dr google, tetanus is common in burns.
Any input GREATLY appreciated.
#2 of 9 Old 06-08-2014, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Here's an earlier thread on this same topic. I hope it helps!

Tetanus Shot for 2nd Degree Burn?
Ratchet likes this.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#3 of 9 Old 06-09-2014, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Turquesa. It's healing really well. After reading that thread I'm a lot less worried.
#4 of 9 Old 06-09-2014, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Lavender oil is also very good to heal burns or any other wounds. You can even use it pure on babies or as a damp compress. It is antibacterial, antiviral and works as a fungicide plus it also works as a pain killer. All through the skin. And it will calm the baby down as well. I always have a high-grade lavender oil in my emergency kit. Would not go anywhere without it.

My mom had 2nd degree burns on her feet from spilled burning wax. We put a whole 5 ml bottle of lavender oil on those burns immediately and the pain resolved very quickly and it healed amazingly fast.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#5 of 9 Old 06-09-2014, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Minerva. Do you know of a trusted company that makes a high quality lavender oil?
#6 of 9 Old 06-09-2014, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellanyc View Post
My husband spoke to the pedis office and they mentioned a tetanus booster. She is completely unvaccinated
If my doctor recommended a booster for an completely unvaccinated child, I would be doctor shopping in a hot second!

Bring back the old MDC
#7 of 9 Old 06-09-2014, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Smile Reply on your concern:

I would not let "fear" make you do something you do not believe in. I have a quote from the website rense.com : Their Vaccine Quotes page, near the bottom says in one of the last quotes: "How can the Tetanus vaccine induce immunity, when contracting the
disease naturally does not give immunity? (I am not sure where that came from, but I thought it was interesting? I love Dr. Len Horowitz, I don't know if you have heard of him. Look him up also, he is wonderful. There is Oxysilver to protect us from illness.
I just wanted to share keep up the great work with your child. Sending much Love to all of you. You are totally correct in your belief not to vaccinate.
Love
Linda (mom of eight)
#8 of 9 Old 06-10-2014, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I only use essential oils from Primavera. I saw it on amazon but not sure if you could get it a local stores too. Look for lavender fine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#9 of 9 Old 06-12-2014, 04:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by minerva23 View Post
I only use essential oils from Primavera. I saw it on amazon but not sure if you could get it a local stores too. Look for lavender fine
Thanks so much. I'll see if I can get it locally before ordering on amazon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page