• 2 Post By sassyfirechick

#1 of 8 Old 07-05-2014, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Do not tell me you were not warned -

- just roll up that sleeve -

http://www.bioportfolio.com/news/art...t-to-2020.html

If you want to know where the next vaccine is coming from and where it is going, read the financial pages. We need to maintain exemptions for our children and ourselves, that is, for all.

Quote:
While Pediatric Vaccines are an important market, it is now adults who are fueling growth of vaccine products. The world adult vaccines market is expected to nearly double by 2020 from the current figure of 2012.

Last edited by applejuice; 07-05-2014 at 08:24 PM. Reason: add quote
#2 of 8 Old 07-05-2014, 09:27 PM

I wonder how they are going to push MMRV on adults. Perhaps the hyped up coverage of the measles outbreaks is the beginning?
applejuice, Deborah and beckybird like this.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~Mark Twain

#3 of 8 Old 07-05-2014, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

They are pushing the shingles vaccine which many insurance companies do not cover and it is very expensive.
Deborah and beckybird like this.
#4 of 8 Old 07-06-2014, 05:06 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Science Daily reported on this a few months back...now i'm beginning to see signs for adult vaxes all over the pharmacies/grocery stores, advertising all kinds of vaccines available.
applejuice, Deborah and beckybird like this.
#5 of 8 Old 07-07-2014, 06:32 AM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
We are an untapped market!

Let's see how successful they are….adults, traditionally, do not bother with vaccines for themselves - but guilt, fear and propaganda are big motivators.

if they really want to up the adult vaccination rates they need to :
-make them free
-make them convineient to get - pharmacy, work based clinics, etc.

I will pass, though. The only thing that would make me get a vaccine is an outbreak of a scary disease, an effective vaccine and titre evidence I was low in antibodies. Even then I might just stay home more and take precautions- outbreaks always end.

And yes, we were warned. They are definitely gearing up for another dose of MMR and/or an adult dose of MMR. Another Dtap (although they may have already recommended that) as well a second flu dose would not surprise me.
applejuice and beckybird like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Last edited by kathymuggle; 07-07-2014 at 06:44 AM.
#6 of 8 Old 07-07-2014, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, a friend of mine got the flu last April after getting the flu shot early last season.

I told her that the vaccine must have worn off or she got another version of the virus. It took her two weeks to get over the illness. Her doctor told her that she just had a bad cold. Anyway, she is fine now, but it is interesting how the vaccine is never blamed for its ineffectiveness or damage.

And she will get a flu vaccine next October just as she is told.
beckybird likes this.
#7 of 8 Old 07-07-2014, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Yes, a friend of mine got the flu last April after getting the flu shot early last season.

I told her that the vaccine must have worn off or she got another version of the virus. It took her two weeks to get over the illness. Her doctor told her that she just had a bad cold. Anyway, she is fine now, but it is interesting how the vaccine is never blamed for its ineffectiveness or damage.

And she will get a flu vaccine next October just as she is told.

The flu vaccine only seems to last (you know, assuming it works at all) for about 3-4 months. A shot in early October should really only carry you through to mid January-mid February. I can get citations if anyone likes. I can see a push for boosters. I don't know if it will happen soon (and putting another booster on is always a bit of a risk - will it turn the public off? Make them look closely at things?) I think the MMR booster will be first
applejuice likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#8 of 8 Old 07-07-2014, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Somewhere on the schedule it already shows the flu vax as being considered or recommended for biannual in certain groups and we know that's only the first step to an inevitable full blown, across the board recommendation for all! They've started off with DTaP it seems because of how aggressively they push for it with families having children - first it was mom, then dad, then the whole damn family if they want to have any contact with the kid, and now they want mom to get a DTaP every time she conceives. Let's think about that, especially for the newer generations. I'm 30 so I'll use that age range as an example. You're looking at 5 doses of DTaP (or DTP) through age 6. Now the recommendation is every 10 years for a TD, but if in the time frame you ed up in the ER for any reason, we know there's a push to update "tetanus" at these visits, and currently the means DTaP boosters. So say booster around 16, perhaps another in early 20's because let's face it, most people don't carry a card around with them to know dates for boosters. Now we're at 7 doses. I only have one child, but many of my friends have multiples, so let's say one DTaP before every pregnancy, 4 kids puts you at eleven jabs of DTaP before you are 30. And all because of this "fear" of passing pertussis on to newborns. Clearly they are none too confident in the effectiveness of the vaccine if you need that many boosters in that short period of time......
applejuice and Deborah like this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page