I'm Enjoying My Summer Vacation . . . - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

Old 07-08-2014, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
I'm Enjoying My Summer Vacation . . .

...from flu shot hype! But alas, I saw back-to-school supplies at a major box store yesterday. Back-to-school means back-to-fluvaxaganda!

Should we place bets on when the first articles start coming out? "CDC Predicts Very Bad Year for Influenza, (Yes, I Realize We Say That Every Year to Frighten You Into Flu Shots, But This Time We Really, Really, REALLY Mean It...)"

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2014, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post
...from flu shot hype! But alas, I saw back-to-school supplies at a major box store yesterday. Back-to-school means back-to-fluvaxaganda!

Should we place bets on when the first articles start coming out? "CDC Predicts Very Bad Year for Influenza, (Yes, I Realize We Say That Every Year to Frighten You Into Flu Shots, But This Time We Really, Really, REALLY Mean It...)"
saw this the other day!!!!!!! http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/...lnM/story.html
http://health.usnews.com/health-news...u-immunization

Maybe it should just be put on for say August 1 each year, and make it vaccine day! National Vaccine Holiday anyone?? Maybe market it with a piñata shaped like a syringe! and bandaids could fall out, or a giant nose for flu mist! .......we would need a mascot, yea, that would mean more money for the party industry! Think of all the merchandise and stores could hold sales on that date too! woo-hoo! a vaccine party PRO vaccinator could embraces!

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

Old 07-08-2014, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I place my bets on seeing signs that say the old falsehood - "No Shots, No School".

Even though my children left elementary school eons ago, I love to go in the local elementary school and ask the nurse for the vaccine exemption form. This is a huge school district and there are never the same clerks or nurse there, so I always have fun with it.

Yes, that is what I do with my summer vacation now. I re-visit old battlegrounds, i.e., battlegrounds for me.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I expect to see some signage as you walk through the door, something like "Get ready for school - get your flu shot now!" as all the school supplies hit shelves (which in all actuality is now, I just don't get out much though!).

User Tag List