Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'm here, too!
#62 of 92 Old 03-18-2008, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykdsmomy View Post
I'm here too and we wouldnt couldnt in a house, we shouldnt wouldnt with a mouse.....we just wont take that vax no more, not in a clinic or a store....I will not vax my children there, I will not vax them anywhere
:
LOVE IT!

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
#63 of 92 Old 03-19-2008, 12:44 AM

HOORAY!! WOOHOO!! YIPPEE!!

MDC ROCKS!!

Finally! Now this is what I've been talkin' 'bout!!!

::Thank you, MDC!::
#64 of 92 Old 03-19-2008, 01:32 AM

I vaccinated my first two kids on schedule before I started to question why? I can't believe I was sooooo stuuupid not to even ask or research and now I feel so duped. I am not vaccinating them anymore and my third child is having no more vacs (she's had the first lot).
This forum is great!!!!
#65 of 92 Old 03-19-2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
Heck, the govt stuff is freaky enough if you know what to look for!! Thankfully they don't think that parents will educate themselves to take the time to actually learn how to decode their stuff....and I'm sooo far away from being an expert but I'm getting better. Glad to have you here!
You know....I had the same thing going with my son when he was born...I knew about the vax controversy due to reading Mothering years ago....in my first marriage I didn't come HERE though...I tried to research on my own and got the way out there scare stuff that was anti-vax. I put it out of my mind...didn't want to think about it...I had a very rough pregnancy anyway and just wanted to get through that.

Then though...my gut always knew that it was wrong. I cringed, I worried. I also had a very bad first ped who gave HORRID bf'ing advice and I found out I was lied to (long story, not for this forum). It made me wonder what else was I being lied to about? It didn't make sense. And I let him be vaxed up to 6 mo, somewhat selectively. It wasn't until I came here that my eyes were opened. When I started questioning things to the doctor, they started spewing the same stuff that other people here had told to them. And that's when I realized that when people start telling you you're crazy, you're ignorant, you're this or that.....then you're doing something right!

Then I found out autism hits boys more than girls and that sealed it for me...my gut should have been listened to. I hadn't listened to it before and deeply regretted it in another area, I was going to listen this time. Autism was my first fear, but it just grew until I realized that autism is barely the tip of the iceberg of a whole huge disgusting mess. The first time I saw the ingredients in vaxes from the CDC themselves had me convinced. Researching the diseases, treatments, risk factors convinced me more.

It's nice to have a forum like this....selective and delayed have their own (and hats off to them for questioning and bucking the traditional schedules, even if it's not a decision I would make for my kids) and the main forum for general stuff...now we have our own
I am amazed at how similiar our situations are! From the first Ped who was a complete A**, to reading what the ingredients were in all vaccines from the horses mouth (I.E. CDC), to realizing that autism hits 1-93 boys (I have a 6 month DS) and the list goes on. I was fortunate enough to have a co worker who put a big enough bug in my ear for me to really buckle down and start researching. Of course the first PED told me its dangerous to read "junk" on the internet. I didn't bother to tell him what I was reading was infact documented cases of vaccine related injuries, information from the CDC and so on. I love how every "main stream" source you come accross when looking into a disease will tell you several times that the infections have decreased due to vaccines, or the numbers of infected have been down for a long time due to vaccines, or my FAVORITE, if everyone decided not to vaccinate, we would have epidemic after epidemic. What makes sense to me and I cannot believe it doesnt make sense to more people, is that the vaccines are KEEPING alot of these diseases in circulation. How do the powers that be explain how perfectly healthy teenagers still die from Meningitis every year? Not to mention the "epidemic" of childhood asmtha, allergies, autism, ear infections. I could go on? But I would only be preaching to the choir at this forum....
#66 of 92 Old 03-19-2008, 01:55 PM

Where have I been? I should really pay more attention..........anyway, HELLO!!!!!

: Mama to ds (5) and dd (3) and .
#67 of 92 Old 03-19-2008, 02:16 PM

:

I'm here, too!!!!!!!1
#68 of 92 Old 03-19-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
I am amazed at how similiar our situations are! From the first Ped who was a complete A**, to reading what the ingredients were in all vaccines from the horses mouth (I.E. CDC), to realizing that autism hits 1-93 boys (I have a 6 month DS) and the list goes on. I was fortunate enough to have a co worker who put a big enough bug in my ear for me to really buckle down and start researching. Of course the first PED told me its dangerous to read "junk" on the internet. I didn't bother to tell him what I was reading was infact documented cases of vaccine related injuries, information from the CDC and so on. I love how every "main stream" source you come accross when looking into a disease will tell you several times that the infections have decreased due to vaccines, or the numbers of infected have been down for a long time due to vaccines, or my FAVORITE, if everyone decided not to vaccinate, we would have epidemic after epidemic. What makes sense to me and I cannot believe it doesnt make sense to more people, is that the vaccines are KEEPING alot of these diseases in circulation. How do the powers that be explain how perfectly healthy teenagers still die from Meningitis every year? Not to mention the "epidemic" of childhood asmtha, allergies, autism, ear infections. I could go on? But I would only be preaching to the choir at this forum....
I like the examples of countries with more moderate vax programs, such as Germany. Outbreaks can and do happen, but they handle them without the hype of how the US handles things. Even then, as far as I can tell, Germany is a long way from being wiped out by any disease.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#69 of 92 Old 03-19-2008, 07:33 PM

Nice to have our own forum!!

Nope. My kids have never had a vax. And for as long as I walk this earth they never will.

goorganic.jpgsaynovax.gif Daycare Provider Who Strives To Encourage Children To Follow Their Innate

www.allnaturaldaycare.com
#70 of 92 Old 03-19-2008, 07:45 PM

Proud Non-Vaxing Family here!!! 8 yo and 4 yo. Never been pricked

Kelly : mama to Austin and Isabella Wife to Rockin'Rollin'Rick :
#71 of 92 Old 03-20-2008, 04:16 PM

Weehaw!!! :

We have been vax free for 2 years now. Before that, everything was on schedule for all of us. Thankfully my littlest one only had one "round" of shots.

So anyway, we're here and we're not vaxing!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#72 of 92 Old 03-21-2008, 10:30 PM

We're here too! Dd was vaxed until she was 3yo. I didn't know any better. Luckily I found MDC before she needed her next round of shots and she'll never have another again.

Ds has had no shots ever!
#73 of 92 Old 03-24-2008, 04:47 PM

So glad to be here
#74 of 92 Old 03-24-2008, 06:43 PM

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to share this group for AP friendly doc referrals.
There have been a lot of good non-vax discussions here as well.

Group Email Addresses
Related Link: http://www.attachmentparenting.com/
Post message: AP_Doctor_Referral@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: AP_Doctor_Referral-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe: AP_Doctor_Referral-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
List owner: AP_Doctor_Referral-owner@yahoogroups.com
#75 of 92 Old 03-25-2008, 06:54 PM

Not vaccinating here either.
#76 of 92 Old 03-25-2008, 08:55 PM

So glad to have this forum!!
#77 of 92 Old 03-26-2008, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just saw this too!

Me neither.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#78 of 92 Old 03-26-2008, 08:19 PM

Im not sure how I missed this before but count me in!
#79 of 92 Old 03-26-2008, 09:05 PM

Just noticed this too today, I guess I just never looked up. Not vaxing here either.
#80 of 92 Old 03-27-2008, 12:31 AM

Mom to two completely additive free kiddos here!

, , , and
#81 of 92 Old 03-27-2008, 01:05 PM

Wow, I only just noticed this the other day!
#82 of 92 Old 03-27-2008, 06:03 PM

DS hasn't had any vaxes and I am leaning to not vaxing at all.
#83 of 92 Old 03-28-2008, 05:48 PM

Not vaxing here! Just noticed this thread too.

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

#84 of 92 Old 03-29-2008, 12:15 PM

::
#85 of 92 Old 03-31-2008, 10:19 PM

I'm new to MDC and am so thankful for it and all you strong and wise mamas out there!

My ds has not had any shots since he was 4 months (he's now 20 months). It's such a long story and it just makes me so angry that I didn't follow my gut in the first place and hold off until I had researched the whole issue to my satisfaction, so I could stand up to the dr. DS had a reaction, which of course his dr. denied any connection to shots. I was actually advised to stop nursing, though everything was going great up until then. Deductive reasoning, anyone? I've done so much research, yet I'm still learning more every day. We've been through three peds since this all started and have FINALLY found an awesome family doctor who believes he did have a vaccine reaction and is working with us to get him better. (Second ped actually felt he'd reacted to one of the vaccines, but after a few months, wanted to start him up again as if the time that passed took care of everything- unbelievable!)

I had my doubts about vaccines to begin with, but now, I have no doubt my ds will not be getting any more ever again.
#86 of 92 Old 03-31-2008, 10:22 PM

I'm new to MDC and am so thankful for it and all you strong and wise mamas out there! I could have written some of your posts myself.

My ds has not had any shots since he was 4 months (he's now 20 months). It's such a long story and it still makes me so angry that I didn't follow my gut in the first place and hold off until I had researched the whole issue until I was confident. DS had a reaction, which of course his dr. denied any connection to shots. I was actually advised to stop nursing, though everything was going great up until then. Deductive reasoning, anyone? (And still nursing, btw.) I've done so much research, yet I'm still learning more every day. We've been through three peds since this all started and have FINALLY found an awesome family doctor who believes he did have a vaccine reaction and is working with us to get him better. (Second ped actually felt he'd reacted to one of the vaccines, but after a few months, wanted to start him up again as if the time that passed took care of everything- unbelievable!)

I had my doubts about vaccines to begin with, but now, I have no doubt my ds will not be getting any more ever again.
#87 of 92 Old 03-31-2008, 10:23 PM

Sorry for the double post- SOMEthing is just not going right on this end for me...
#88 of 92 Old 03-31-2008, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Hey!

Vaccinate this:

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#89 of 92 Old 03-31-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Hey!

Vaccinate this:

#90 of 92 Old 03-31-2008, 11:02 PM

Vaxed up to six mo and regret every vax. No more for my 23 mo twinkies!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page