Ever get accused of being a crazy hippie? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 04-09-2008, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
One of my friends calls me her "alternative girlfriend" for having a water birth, no circ, using cloth diapers and glass bottles, not vaccinating, etc. I've never been called a hippie, but I don't have the look either. I have been fairly open with my friends about not vaccinating. The reaction has been mixed. I know I am secretly being judged by some people even if they don't say it out loud. I'm surprised by how little people question what they are told to do. Ever since I started researching birth options, I have become very skeptical of the medical establishment as a whole. I've learned to follow my gut and read, read, and read some more when I don't feel something is right. I don't think many people take the time to do this or they just believe that since the government or doctor says it is the right thing to do they should listen without question. I've decided not to stay quiet on the matter or others because it opens up discussion and though my goal is not to convert people to my ways, I feel it plants a seed that maybe just maybe it is ok to question mainstream philosophy.
#32 of 34 Old 04-09-2008, 11:00 AM

All the time. It's true and all.
#33 of 34 Old 04-13-2008, 08:49 AM

Actually yes. But not in an accusatory way. My cousin's told me that her hubby thinks I'm a hippy. I met him for the first time just recently and I was talking about my diapers, my wrap and how I was moisturizing with coconut oil and spreading it on my toast at the same time . My hubby just calls me his granola girl.

caffix.gif

#34 of 34 Old 04-13-2008, 12:34 PM

A little OT but that says something about America: The land where it's possible to be TOO educated, to do TOO MUCH research, be TOO responsible, and make TOO MANY educated decisions.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page