Non-vaxer, traveling, and still non-vax - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-25-2008, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Whoo great forum!
Yep my dd is totally non-vaxed and we are proud and grateful for the decision. She is bright eyed and fully healthy, gets better from any brief illness really well on her own, no antibiotics ever needed !!
We contemplated consistently and are happy with our decision, we hope when dc has children she will non-vax also, and that the pressure and fear inducing machines will be null.
Currently we are investigating how to avoid vaccination when traveling abroad.
Jeez hard for a non-vaxer to go to a doctor most times, and now even moreso when we need other paperwork for traveling abroad.
Any advice would be great..............in particular about needing the yellow fever vaccine.
How have you all handled traveling abroad? We plan to bring precautions and such, like own water, mosquito repellant etc....any other ideas.
#2 of 6 Old 03-25-2008, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllGood View Post
Whoo great forum!
Yep my dd is totally non-vaxed and we are proud and grateful for the decision. She is bright eyed and fully healthy, gets better from any brief illness really well on her own, no antibiotics ever needed !!
We contemplated consistently and are happy with our decision, we hope when dc has children she will non-vax also, and that the pressure and fear inducing machines will be null.
Currently we are investigating how to avoid vaccination when traveling abroad.
Jeez hard for a non-vaxer to go to a doctor most times, and now even moreso when we need other paperwork for traveling abroad.
Any advice would be great..............in particular about needing the yellow fever vaccine.
How have you all handled traveling abroad? We plan to bring precautions and such, like own water, mosquito repellant etc....any other ideas.
Not sure where you are from, but have you ever heard of Alex Jones? He is a radio talk show host out of Austin Texas. He is very colorful, and has ALOT to say about the machines who like to fear monger. He has children, not sure of thier age, but I do know that he has been to atleast South America. I am sure that he would be able to help you or have some advice on how to travel abroad and avoid innuculations. He has several websites, and I am sure there is a contact email or forum somewhere, although I have never looked for one. You can go to www.prisonplanet.com, or www.infowars.com. THose are just two websites he runs. Happy hunting and GOOD LUCK!!!!
#3 of 6 Old 03-25-2008, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hmm I'm not sure. We are going to Jamaica this summer (not a resort but out in the bush to a grandma's house with no running water). We are not going to get any vaccines but do plan on bringing our own water, bug repellent and anti diareah (sp?) medicine.

Where are you planning on going? I know some countries require you to have certain vaccines to enter but I'm not sure if there is a religious exemption.
#4 of 6 Old 03-25-2008, 12:20 PM

There are very few countries that require proof of yellow fever anymore. Most are in Africa, a few in Latin America.

If it's ever enforced, it would be if your child was entering one of those countries FROM another developing country where yellow fever is endemic.

And even then, enforcement is sporadic at best.

In my experience, many border officials at land crossings aren't able to read the list of handwritten vaxes anyway. If you've got a yellow vax folder with writing and dates in it, that's enough. Money also works (and in my experience, is sometimes expected even when you do have all the official vax documentation you need).

Children are usually exempt from most vax requirements anyway.

And if you're arriving from a Western nation, there are no vax requirements for obtaining travel visas either.

Enjoy your travels!
#5 of 6 Old 03-26-2008, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter

UPDATE
Thanks for all the info!
I found out it also it depends on where you get your visa, so that helps out alot.
:>) Money helps too :>)
#6 of 6 Old 03-31-2008, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

UGH ! the issue is back again! The travel agent is insisting to my dh that we may be detained. Good Grief.
We are traveling to South Africa so it is not required.
If we go to West Africa, maybe a different story.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page