#1 of 9 Old 03-27-2008, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Insurance companies that is.

Today I got something in the mail from my ins co addressed "to the parent of.."

Reminder: Ready for the journey?

Children need most of thier shots by age two

It goes on and on about how you have to do this to ensure your childs health.

And I say that they should be liable, becuase this says you must do this and says nothing about any possible negative effects.

Annoying

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 03-27-2008, 07:55 AM

Wow, that is terrible. So they are sending this letter to thousands of other naive uninformed parents who are thinking, OMG!! I need to go get my kid injected or hes going to DIE!!! absolutly dispicable! Im disgusted!
#3 of 9 Old 03-27-2008, 07:51 PM

They go by the AMA, AAP's guidelines. Frankly, they are the ones who push for so many vaxes at such a young age. I agree they are partners but honestly, the ones who make the guidelines "gospel" need to be held liable for anything that happens to those who follow that schedule. Vaccine maufactuers also should be held liable as well, for they are the ones who help push the docs.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#4 of 9 Old 03-31-2008, 02:57 AM

I don't know, there's been talk of insurance companies refusing to insure "at-risk" people, and that could include children who aren't vaccinated. If the insurance company does lean on people to vaccinate, then they absolutely should be held liable.
Then again, maybe they are. After all, they're the ones paying for all of the chronic illness related doctor's visits and prescriptions.
GRRRRRRRR

~ Robyn

Mom to Jackson, b. January 2006

and Cassandra, b. October 2011

weadopted.gif novaxnocirc.gif

http://chittisterchildren.wordpress.com

#5 of 9 Old 03-31-2008, 03:17 AM

I don't know, there's been talk of insurance companies refusing to insure "at-risk" people, and that could include children who aren't vaccinated. If the insurance company does lean on people to vaccinate, then they absolutely should be held liable.
Then again, maybe they are. After all, they're the ones paying for all of the chronic illness related doctor's visits and prescriptions.
GRRRRRRRR

~ Robyn

Mom to Jackson, b. January 2006

and Cassandra, b. October 2011

weadopted.gif novaxnocirc.gif

http://chittisterchildren.wordpress.com

#6 of 9 Old 03-31-2008, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rredhead View Post
I don't know, there's been talk of insurance companies refusing to insure "at-risk" people, and that could include children who aren't vaccinated.
hmmm that seems a little hard to enforce especially with a reigious exemption. Plus, if this were allowed to happen then they could possibly not insure anyone who is overweight, smokes, etc, etc. Then no one would have health insurance and the government would have to step in.
#7 of 9 Old 03-31-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rredhead View Post
I don't know, there's been talk of insurance companies refusing to insure "at-risk" people, and that could include children who aren't vaccinated.

Our insurance doesn't cover us if we refuse vaccines. :
"we're delaying cough: indefinatly

Danielle*

Danielle, wife to John, mama to Valley9.24.07
expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!
#8 of 9 Old 04-02-2008, 08:56 PM

Our insurance has never asked about vaccines.

Now they did send out a card to keep track of the shots on but that was it.
#9 of 9 Old 04-02-2008, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
... they are sending this letter to thousands of other naive uninformed parents ...
This is nothing new. The county health departments around the country have been doing this for fifty + years without telling the whole story which is why most of you adults on this board are vaccinated. Your parents had the right to say no also, but they were bullied into vaccinating you.

Nothing new. Same old claptrap.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page