How do you handle this? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-03-2008, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I think I am on the verge of getting some "Your unvaxxed child is putting everyone else at risk" type comments.

I have recently become (the only one that I know of in my entire 3 county area) who is advocating not vaxxing. I am bringing the info to my area for the first time.

I know there are others who don't vaccinate (a few) however no one talks about it. (And I can understand why)

How do you handle those comments and hard feelings?

"I'm rubber, you're glue?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Banned

i have run into this already, and it's hilarious.

first, i assert to them that if vaccine theory works, then i couldn't possibly be putting their children at risk because their children are vaccinated. the only children at risk, therefore, are unvaccinated children.

usually, they "get" this but do a nice "yes, but" vaccines erradicate diseases!

so, second, i point out the fallacy that vaccination 'erradicates" a disease. small pox is a great example of this. in the past, everyone was vaccinated for small pox, and therefore no one came down with small pox. today, people are generally n ot vaxed for small pox, and now we're seeing a resurgence of the disease. therefore, vaccination doesn't erradicate disease (the disease still exists), it simply prevents wide-spread infection of the disease.

and everyone agrees and then says 'yes, but' vaccinations are a great advancement and i don't understand why a parent wouldn't want to give their child the great health benefits of vaccination.

to this, and third, i bring up the various assumptions in this. the first assumption is that the vaccinations are a great advancement--not everyone agrees with this theory. there are people who believe that other health theories are more practical and appropriate than vaccination theory.

then, i bring up that there are health risks associated with vaccines that might outweigh--to that parent--any benefits that a vaccine gives, assuming the parent believes that the vaccine gives any benefit.

and finally, i assert that just because a parent doesn't agree with these things doesn't mean that they are not considering their child's health in great depth--it's just that they think about health and medicine differently than the mainstream thought on the matter (vaccination).

and then they give up, because there's nothing more to say, honestly.
#3 of 5 Old 04-04-2008, 06:36 PM

Geez I need to copy that.

It's funny that as soon as you shoot down one argument another pops up...it's quite hilarious!

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#4 of 5 Old 04-08-2008, 03:13 AM

I usually bring up the fact that vaccines contain formaldehyde, aluminum, aborted fetal tissue (called human diploid cells), and genetic material from other animals. Or, I just leave the room.

~ Robyn

Mom to Jackson, b. January 2006

and Cassandra, b. October 2011

weadopted.gif novaxnocirc.gif

http://chittisterchildren.wordpress.com

#5 of 5 Old 04-08-2008, 03:20 AM

I say that until long-term studies are done on carcinogenesis, mutagenesis, and fertility impairment are completed, my child is not a vaccine manufacturer's guinea pig, because anyhow, most of those diseases aren't even that scary. And isn't it funny how in the first two generations after widespread vaccination in the US, infertility and premature birth are at such all-time highs that it's actually affected the average length of the American pregnancy?

(I know that the premature birth trend is associated with more "high-risk" moms almost carrying to term instead of miscarrying/stillbirth, but how do we know the "high-risk" part isn't associated with vaccines? nobody's ever checked. )

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page