New To MDC, need advice - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-09-2008, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,
I would like to start out with..I have allowed things to be done to my DS that I cannot change, but wish everyday I could...

My DS is 4 months old, I allowed him to have the Hep B shot at the hospitalhttp://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/greensad.gif

and he had a follow up at 2 months where he had the normal round of shotshttp://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/greensad.gif

After doing the research, I've decided I will no longer allow ANYTHING to be 'done' to my DS without through research and if I don't feel like it is necessary, to deny!

Here's my question/statement...

I was just reading on CDC that I was suppose to receive the VIS(Vaccine Information Statement) BEFORE any vaccs were administered...well, the NP gave me the sheets AFTER she gave DS the shots at the 2 month appt.
Is this completely illegal? I cannot prove it, only that my mother was there as witness...I'm insured with medicad for DS, and I'm thinking of changing Dr.'s..I haven't gone back to the office, mainly because I was always someone who thought Dr.'s words were golden, and NEVER questioned them..until I had DS...I'm extremely shy and not good with confrontation of any kind, I more or less just avoid the situation all together..what would you do?
#2 of 5 Old 04-09-2008, 03:11 PM

I don't think it's illegal not to get the VIS, I think it's just policy, that is hardly ever honored.

When my dd was born, she got the Hep B, and I trusted the dr and let him do it. Then all of the sudden I thought, " I have no idea what was in that"!
So, I started researching diligently and decided that I don't want ANY of that injected into my kids.
We got "fired" from that practice for not continuing with vax, so I stopped going. She was healthy, breastfed, no issues, so I figured, why go?

I searched around different boards online and found a no vax friendly doc for her 12 mo visit, and only have taken her a handful of times for school, etc.

So, I would tell you to research until you come to a decision you are totally comfortable with, search around for a no vax doc (try finding your tribe on MDC), and you don't HAVE to do well baby visits, so there's no rush.
#3 of 5 Old 04-09-2008, 03:19 PM

Hello,
Yes, I don't think that it is illegal but you could make a case for Informed Consent, perhaps...I posted this on another thread but depending on where you are, a naturopath/homeopath might be a good option for you. The AANP has database of practitioners by geographic region but otherwise, yeah..don't do well baby visits and avoid the headache altogether!
#4 of 5 Old 04-09-2008, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
An informative article about VIS:

http://insidevaccines.com/wordpress/?p=131
#5 of 5 Old 04-09-2008, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

WOW, thanks so much for your information...
I found a post in my tribe about a great doctor, now I must see if I can switch to him/her under my medicaid coverage..hmmm..fingers crossed!
Thanks again everyone. I can't go back and redo things done..but I can stand up for the future!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page