Can be Deleted!! Help convince me not to do DTap and HIB - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 04-09-2008, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok so I have not vax'd my 7 month old DS and don't plan on anything till 2 years. At that time my ped and I will come up with a schedule. My DH was fine with this but he was reading our Dr. Sears vacine book and said I think we should get DTaP and HIB. We live in the city but DS is not in day care...
Please give me the reasons not to do these!! I know I had a ton of reason's but right now I am drawing blanks and need advice..
He is still BF'd
I refuse to inject a baby with potentially life threatening ingredients
His risk of getting D is rare but can we get DTap w/out D? Is Whooping cough really that bad?? Bad enough to risk "side effects of the vax"? How would he get tetnus?? He doesn't even roll over yet??
Please help! I am under the gun and trying to work from home and am not coming up with my research links!!
Bureaumm@gmail.com
applejuice likes this.
#2 of 13 Old 04-09-2008, 03:03 PM

DTaP-

Diptheria is nearly unheard of in the US- check the numbers.
Tetanus is not and has never been a signifiant risk to children. Chances are much greater of him being struck by lightening Children have good circulation and tetanus is anerobic. Can't survive if there's oxygen.
Pertussis is only risky under a year. Past that it's just annoying.

DTaP is highly reactive.

Hib-
You weren't vaxed for Hib- ever worry about it? The bacterial vaccines like this are very effective. Problem is when you eliminate a handful of strains, other strains just fill in. Hib has NOT reduced overall numbers of cases of meningitis. They're simply different types now. Also Hib is so effective that recent studies show that it's not even in circulation outside isolated populations (amish) Add to this that pre-vaccine basically ALL children tested immune by around 5yrs old and had no known history of serious disease due to Hib.

-Angela
applejuice likes this.
#3 of 13 Old 04-09-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bureaumm View Post
Ok so I have not vax'd my 7 month old DS and don't plan on anything till 2 years. At that time my ped and I will come up with a schedule. My DH was fine with this but he was reading our Dr. Sears vacine book and said I think we should get DTaP and HIB. We live in the city but DS is not in day care...
Please give me the reasons not to do these!! I know I had a ton of reason's but right now I am drawing blanks and need advice..
He is still BF'd
I refuse to inject a baby with potentially life threatening ingredients
His risk of getting D is rare but can we get DTap w/out D? Is Whooping cough really that bad?? Bad enough to risk "side effects of the vax"? How would he get tetnus?? He doesn't even roll over yet??
Please help! I am under the gun and trying to work from home and am not coming up with my research links!!
Bureaumm@gmail.com
Have you seen this web site? http://www.nvic.org/
The lady who started this had a kid who died (I think) or was severely injured from the DTap. She wrote a book about it that is also to be found on the web site. I find their info to be relatively straightforward and a decent response to a lot of the sensationalized stuff. You might find what you are looking for. Good luck and kind regards to you in the meantime.
applejuice likes this.
#4 of 13 Old 04-09-2008, 03:15 PM

Also keep in mind that the whooping cough protection from DTaP isn't that great. Since the virus has been killed (due to it's high reactivity), it isn't as effective either. There are still outbreaks in mostly vaccinated populations.
#5 of 13 Old 04-09-2008, 03:25 PM

I would have to say go to the cdc website, and pull up the ingredients for the DTap vaccine, Page 1

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pin...nt-table-2.pdf ,

and show them to your husband. And ask him, would you want to inject this crap into YOUR body? (monkey kidney tissue and aluminum sulfate, YUM!!!!)
#6 of 13 Old 04-09-2008, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would have him read everything about HiB and DTaP on this site.

www.insidevaccines.com/wordpress

HiB has some really interesting information in the Sisyphus articles.
#7 of 13 Old 04-09-2008, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
I would have to say go to the cdc website, and pull up the ingredients for the DTap vaccine, Page 1

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pin...nt-table-2.pdf ,

and show them to your husband. And ask him, would you want to inject this crap into YOUR body? (monkey kidney tissue and aluminum sulfate, YUM!!!!)
Yippie No shots We looked at the ingredients and decided that since we are very picky about what we eat and what we feed him..ingredients readers and not buying certain sauce for pasta because of the amount of suger but we are going to inject our little guy with WHAT???
Thanks everyone!!!
#8 of 13 Old 04-09-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiesmom View Post
Also keep in mind that the whooping cough protection from DTaP isn't that great. Since the virus has been killed (due to it's high reactivity), it isn't as effective either. There are still outbreaks in mostly vaccinated populations.
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bureaumm View Post
Yippie No shots We looked at the ingredients and decided that since we are very picky about what we eat and what we feed him..ingredients readers and not buying certain sauce for pasta because of the amount of suger but we are going to inject our little guy with WHAT???
Thanks everyone!!!
WTG!

I know I'm new here but I also have choosen not to vaccinate my dd and instead am doing an alternative "vaccination" called homeoprophylaxis. (I feel kinda silly because I'll bet most of you guys already know about it. Please have patience with me because I'm new.)

Michelle, mom to Samantha ~ non vaxed
#9 of 13 Old 12-28-2013, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

So we are now at age 6, 4, and 2 with NO vax's and 100% healthy kiddos!! We don't sanitize, we promote crowds. crowded places, exploring the city, and puyblic school and funny thing is we have the healthiest kids!! Never an ear infection and hardly ever a cold or runny nose :)

Wondering now, do we even bother with ANY vax's??

applejuice and BeckyBird like this.
#10 of 13 Old 01-12-2014, 03:44 PM

bureaumm - Thank you so much for your update, my little guy just turned three. And we have a baby arriving in April. I have been struggling in deciding whether or not to get Hib and tetanus. I love that you updated so many years later with your choice :)

applejuice likes this.
#11 of 13 Old 01-16-2014, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiesmom View Post

Let us be precise and correct.

Pertussis bordetella is a bacterium, not a virus.  The reactivity of this vaccine has been known and documented in the medical literature since the 1940s. The vaccine was developed in 1924, used by the upper classes through the 1930s and then required in the 1940s.

http://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/clinical/disease-specifics.html

Mirzam, BeckyBird and Taximom5 like this.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#12 of 13 Old 01-16-2014, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)

My DD's high school had a whooping cough outbreak this past November/December, 48 kids got pertussis, 97% of which were fully vaccinated (last DTap booster was 7th grade), the remainder were "non compliant". What does that mean, completely unvaccinated or that they weren't fully utd? My unvaccinated DD was not among those that got pertussis.

applejuice and BeckyBird like this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#13 of 13 Old 01-17-2014, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thank you bureaumm! It is so helpful that you reposted a follow up after all these years! Have any of your children experienced any of the illnesses that vaccines are used for? If so, what was it like? Thank you again!
applejuice likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page