how can I get a religous exemption - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-13-2008, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
since I was vaxed in childhoold and vaxed brendan til he was one year then he hasn't had any vaxes yet and I'm for sure that the doc will want to do his 4 yr vaxes can I not get a 'religous exemption ' because he was previously injected with vaxes or could i deny a physcial so I don't have to deal with the presure of pro-vax doctors I'm not sure if he would be negative or not
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 04-13-2008, 11:51 PM

You can "find" religion at any point.

You could also deny a physical.

-Angela
#3 of 9 Old 04-14-2008, 01:05 AM

I see you're a single parent...so you probably have to do the checkups for your daycare's health certificate that you turn in every year??

If so, take your child in for the checkup and refuse vaccines, stating specifically that they're against your religion. If you forsee problems with your doctor, find another one!

The religious exemption is for school..you can turn that in any time.

Either way, my point is that you are the parent. You don't have to vaccinate regardless of whether you take your child to the checkup or not. Don't let anyone bully you into doing something you don't want to do.
#4 of 9 Old 04-14-2008, 08:31 AM

You only need the religious exemption for your childs school or day care. At the doctors office, you simply say you are no longer vaxxing, and they SHOULD provide a waiver for you sto sign stating you are choosing not to vax. It will be worded poorly. If your lucky, your doctor will be cool about it. I wasnt so lucky when my son was 4 months old and I decided not to vax anymore. My doctor at the time was a HUGE A**! So i dropped him like a bad habbit and found a very nice doctor who is pro vac, but will NOT pester or pressure anyone to do something they believe is wrong. AS far as the exmpt. Write up your own.
#5 of 9 Old 04-14-2008, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

no daycare sahm
#6 of 9 Old 04-21-2008, 09:17 PM

what if the doctor asks what religion exempts shots do you have to answer. I know that in some states it is religious exemption but what if they have medical exemption what do you do then. I know probably a different thread. Also do they have a website for all the exemptions. I looked on MDC but couldnt find all the states and with hubby getting out and getting job offers almost all over the states I would like to be prepared for any state we go to. thanks

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
#7 of 9 Old 04-21-2008, 09:47 PM

Here is a graph showing exemptions available by state.
http://www.909shot.com/state-site/state-exemptions.htm
You never, ever have to tell your doctor which religion you are. I would simply say "Thats none of your business". Most state's daycares/schools cannot ask you either.
#8 of 9 Old 04-21-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdipemomof2boy View Post
what if the doctor asks what religion exempts shots do you have to answer. I know that in some states it is religious exemption but what if they have medical exemption what do you do then. I know probably a different thread. Also do they have a website for all the exemptions. I looked on MDC but couldnt find all the states and with hubby getting out and getting job offers almost all over the states I would like to be prepared for any state we go to. thanks
You don't *have* to answer anything a dr. asks

No, I wouldn't answer any religious questions. All states have a medical exemption. All states except WV and MS have a religious exemption available.

-Angela
#9 of 9 Old 04-21-2008, 10:52 PM

thanks for all of the help and will be looking at the link and will save it under favorites so i can look at it when we know where we are going.

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page