Traveling to Africa - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 2 Old 04-17-2008, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter
 
sugarplum818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, everyone...

I have decided not to vaccinate my DD2 (DD1 is almost fully vaccinated) and I am about 95% comfortable with my decision. The only fear that I have is of traveling outside of the country. My husband and I would love to travel to Tanzania (Africa) in the near future to do some mission work, but I am afraid that DD2 won't be safe. I know that I can have her titers checked, but what if she hasn't built up any immunities? Also, I know that if you travel outside of the country (especially to places like Africa), then you are required to get a few vaccines...what should I do about this? Can I refuse these since they are the laws of another country? Or is it a good idea? Looking forward to seeing what your thoughts are on this...
sugarplum818 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 2 Old 04-17-2008, 04:45 PM
 
calpurnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: south of the thames
Posts: 2,552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The issue is visas, really. If you want to go from Tanzania to Zambia, for example, you have to have a yellowfever vaccination certificate. You don't need any vaxes to enter Tanzania, so as long as you didn't intend to travel I don't think that would be a problem.
calpurnia is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off