why don't you vax - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 05-21-2008, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i hear that question alot... we choose not to vax cuz it just doesn't feel right.. its this feeling deep within me.. i feel like if i do vax.. soemthing will go really wrong with out child(s)... there isn't enough proof for me that its safe...

soo why don't you vax?

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all , Loving their daddy, my hubby, our soldier
#2 of 24 Old 05-21-2008, 11:39 PM

Risks outweigh benefits.

-Angela
#3 of 24 Old 05-21-2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegna View Post
Risks outweigh benefits.

-Angela
Yes.

Ali, mama to my amazing Arabella 1/14/06
Newly married to Patrick love.gif Expecting someone new in April!
#4 of 24 Old 05-22-2008, 08:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
In all honesty, we're at a point that while we say we'd vax if there was a disease where the benefits of vaxing outweighed the risks, we'd be open to it, I'm not so sure I could be satisfied with the research anymore.

We're not vaxing because we don't see good methodologies and responsible science, don't see long-term population health improving, we have autoimmunes in the family already, and because we don't travel anywhere.
#5 of 24 Old 05-22-2008, 11:38 PM

Vaccines are a risk I'm not willing to allow my family to take. I'm not comfortable with the ingredients or the side effects. This is what I tell anyone that asks.

''''

#6 of 24 Old 05-22-2008, 11:53 PM

b/c I do not want to undermine my daughter's Chi- her vital life force. I believe it will be stronger and more able to integrate the energy of this world w/o being artificially altered.

Grace Comes.

#7 of 24 Old 05-23-2008, 01:44 AM

I feel like my childrens bodies are better equipted to deal with disease than toxins in the vaccines designed to prevent those diseases...
#8 of 24 Old 05-23-2008, 12:18 PM

I was all about vaccinations until my son was six months. After we came home from his check up his legs swelled, he got a fever, and he cried for two days. When I talked to nurse she brushed me off. Um something is wrong here...then I remembered the horrible reaction I got the last time I got vaccinated. That was enough to make me all stop! I did research after that and decided I just couldn't take the risk. My brother who also if fully vaccinated is ADHD to the extreme. I can't help but wonder...

Mama to Gabe 8-03 and Cyan 5-09
#9 of 24 Old 05-23-2008, 09:32 PM

Vaccines don't make a darn bit of sense to me. The human immune system has evolved to handle disease on it's own. Vaccines are for making money. Lots more.
#10 of 24 Old 05-23-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissum View Post
Yes.
Yes.

Yes.

treehugger.gif
#11 of 24 Old 05-24-2008, 11:26 AM

Hello everyone,

I just joined this site as recommended by my acupuncturists as a great resource on vaccinations.

I am the mother of a 3 1/2 month old beautiful baby girl and I am deciding not to vaccinate their kids.

I came to my decision after talking to several people who also decided not to vaccinate (one was my school's principal - I am a middle school teacher). I've done lots of research as well as read "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations" and get regular emails from NVIC.

The biggest reason for my decision is that my family has a lineage of auto-immune disorders. Also, my daughter is a bit low on the weight percentile and I don't agree with these "one-size fits all" vaccinations. My gut instinct tells me to at least wait, but there are some that I definilty won't get at all such as the MMR, polio and varicella.

I guess I am just posting for some moral support, because as a mother, as I am sure you all know, you still feel that tinge of guilt and uncertainty. I will probably wind up using the religious exemption.

I also am angry b/c I live in NJ and we have the largest amount of mandated vaccinations in the country. I've already contacted our politicians and will continue to do so.

Well thanks for allowing me to post here. I'd like to check back in from time to time.

Take care and God Bless all of your and your families!
#12 of 24 Old 05-24-2008, 11:17 PM

Because I trust mother nature more than I trust pharmaceutical companies.

caffix.gif

#13 of 24 Old 05-27-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggwally View Post
Hello everyone,

I just joined this site as recommended by my acupuncturists as a great resource on vaccinations.

I am the mother of a 3 1/2 month old beautiful baby girl and I am deciding not to vaccinate their kids.

I came to my decision after talking to several people who also decided not to vaccinate (one was my school's principal - I am a middle school teacher). I've done lots of research as well as read "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations" and get regular emails from NVIC.

The biggest reason for my decision is that my family has a lineage of auto-immune disorders. Also, my daughter is a bit low on the weight percentile and I don't agree with these "one-size fits all" vaccinations. My gut instinct tells me to at least wait, but there are some that I definilty won't get at all such as the MMR, polio and varicella.

I guess I am just posting for some moral support, because as a mother, as I am sure you all know, you still feel that tinge of guilt and uncertainty. I will probably wind up using the religious exemption.

I also am angry b/c I live in NJ and we have the largest amount of mandated vaccinations in the country. I've already contacted our politicians and will continue to do so.

Well thanks for allowing me to post here. I'd like to check back in from time to time.

Take care and God Bless all of your and your families!
I also live in NJ with a 3.5 month old baby girl. Is your Acupuncturist Dr. Huang? Just attended a talk by NJ Coalition Against Vaccinations last week. The auto-immune rise is scary. We will not vaccinate Matilda based on the crystal clear evidence that vaccines are poison and can do terrible harm. Ivan received all except MMR and CP, but will receive no more.

SAHM to Ivan 6/10/05 who says  signcirc1.gifand Matilda 1/31/08 who says saynovax.gif:::

#14 of 24 Old 06-04-2008, 08:43 PM

All the reasons given above. Plus, I have serious moral/religious concerns with how vaccines are made and their ingredients.
#15 of 24 Old 06-05-2008, 12:11 AM

For me it was mostly the ingredients. When I looked them all up (after a friend shared her story with me, thank you for her,) heck no was I putting carcinogenic and nuerotoxic ingredients into my healthy kids.

Comparison made me not want to vax too. I knew of unvaxed kids and vaxed kids. The ones with issues were always the vaxed ones whether it be sickness or slow speech....that sent up red flags to me also.

The SV40 thing bothered me a lot too. Lies lies and more lies....and now tons of people have cancer. They KNEW it too and sat on it. I bet they do that same crap now.

Desiree

#16 of 24 Old 06-05-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptoHere View Post
i hear that question alot... we choose not to vax cuz it just doesn't feel right.. its this feeling deep within me.. i feel like if i do vax.. soemthing will go really wrong with out child(s)... there isn't enough proof for me that its safe...

soo why don't you vax?
I have this, too~ a mother's intuition in the pit of my stomach that I shouldn't vaccinate for some reason. That's what led me to start researching & the more I'm researching, the more I'm finding that the risks outweigh the benefits & I see no reason to vaccinate at this point. The lack of long-term studies and the push for more & more vaccines (and "super-vaccines" where they combine them) really scares me.
#17 of 24 Old 06-05-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybeansmama View Post
I feel like my childrens bodies are better equipted to deal with disease than toxins in the vaccines designed to prevent those diseases...
I agree.

It's a no-brainer for me. My sister's twin boys are autistic after their MMR vaccine. You could see the decline immediately and rapidly. Horrifying!
applejuice likes this.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#18 of 24 Old 06-06-2008, 12:43 AM

I have a theory...

vaccines are a contradiction to evolution

if you really research the effects of vaccines on the body you may understand where i am coming from with that statement....

i don't believe being stuck with multiple vaccines for numerous disease is going to do anything more than pollute your body, forever change your dna, and put ownership of you and your childrens body in the hands of biotech.

People have been taught they have no immune system and that they are genetically flawed and they need injections.....quite the opposite.

People aren't taught anything about health and nutrition....

My son had two reactions....i was tired of the horrible excuse i got from the doctor....my child looked like he had measles.....twice. I am not sure which vaccine imparticular it was because this doctor revaccinated my son because i came from another office, and he would give 2- three shots at a visit. The first year of his life i was not informed about vaccines. I think it's horrible how the government has claimed our children bodies as government experimental depositories is terrifying and an atrocity.

None of these diseases are deadly to the majority of the population, and in fact natural exposure leaves you with superior immunity, injections by pass and damage much of the natural immune pathways and toxify, and damage major bodily organs, not to mention sometime depositing live viruses in places of the body it would never normally go via natural exposure....there are different vaccines and most of them have a Devastating effect on our bodies.
What is happening now...today in our government and in our schools is very sad.....we are not free.....soon the pharmecutical companies will say that you and your children must be genetically altered with some other type of pharmecutical they will probably call it a 'new vaccine'......we have to stop this now because we have lost all right to choose if we let this go on.

Pharmecuticals do have thier place....mostly in emergency medicine and surgery.....and yea i would use them but only if it was absolutey necessary....i don't believe madatory vaccines are neccesary, especially 50+ injections for school age children.

think about this ...over 50% of all Americans are one or multiple prescriptions...there is something tragically flawed with that
Doctors in many cases are taking patients to court and forcing treatments on informed patients.....
This is Tyranny
Bio tech now patents life....if you think your safe...think again
applejuice likes this.
#19 of 24 Old 06-06-2008, 09:21 PM

something in the pit of my stomache screams no. It tells me that they are not effective and unsafe and I would be stupid to not listen to my intuition.

Danielle*
applejuice likes this.

Danielle, wife to John, mama to Valley9.24.07
expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!
#20 of 24 Old 06-06-2008, 09:56 PM

we didn't do them because:

a) i don't trust aluminum adjuvants
b) i don't trust the CDC
c) i DO trust the body's immune system and our modern sanitation practices as a reasonable disease prevention mechanism
d) there is not a significant risk of contracting many of the VPDs, and the ones that are still in circulation are not typically life-threatening in healthy children. they can be treated, which is not something one can say about a vaccine reaction.
e) the immune system evolved in human beings over thousands of years, in response to the bacterial and viral organisms that naturally colonize our bodies. it did NOT evolve to accept industrially manipulated organisms suspended in fetal bovine serum. just as i don't consume aspartame or high fructose corn syrup, i don't inject FBS and aluminum into my body or into the body of anyone i'm responsible for.

my only son died about five weeks ago, at 20 months of age. he did not die from a VPD or from vaccine complications; it was a very rare brain tumor which, judging by the latest research into tumor etiology, most likely had its root causes in chromosomal abnormalities or spontaneous mutations in proteins responsible for the regulation of cell death. why were those abnormalities or mutations present? environmental factors, ambient radiation, lead exposure? those things have been tested exhaustively and the results are inconclusive. i do know that generations of messing around with our immune systems (and our genes) through vaccines, fertilizers, food additives, GMOs, and antibiotics are responsible for many abnormalities in the currently circulating version of the human genome, so by forgoing vaccines for myself and my family, i'm trying not to add to the phenomenon.

man, this post got long.
applejuice likes this.
#21 of 24 Old 06-07-2008, 01:02 AM

I don't vax because I think vaccines are a huge fraud based on a bunch of lies and vaccines are absolutely ineffective. Dr. Tim O'Shea wrote the book "The Sanctity of Human Blood: Vaccination I$ Not Immunization" and you can read a few excerpts and a long chapter from it at:

www.thedoctorwithin.com

By the way, my daughter's pediatrician (Dr. Pamela Middleton in Newport Beach, CA) is completely anti-vax and advocates that book and web site as well as the Weston A. Price Foundation, which also provides anti-vaccine resources.

Traditional & nutrient-dense foods/Weston A. Price Foundation advocate, Reiki II practitioner, EFT practitioner, past life & life between lives Hypnotherapist practitioner. Home birth with DD 2007 = never vaccinated, breastfed 3 years

#22 of 24 Old 06-07-2008, 01:05 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I never felt obligated to justify my decision not to vaccinate my children or myself to anyone because I never told anyone. It is no one else's business. That is the truth. I made the decision that I could live with, not anyone else. And I am living with that decision.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#23 of 24 Old 06-08-2008, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkist33 View Post
I have this, too~ a mother's intuition in the pit of my stomach that I shouldn't vaccinate for some reason. That's what led me to start researching & the more I'm researching, the more I'm finding that the risks outweigh the benefits & I see no reason to vaccinate at this point. The lack of long-term studies and the push for more & more vaccines (and "super-vaccines" where they combine them) really scares me.
:

24 tattooed SAHM to a silly boy born at home in the tub 1/31/07
#24 of 24 Old 06-09-2008, 01:15 AM

I agree with a lot of what people have said here. I have seen a couple of kids suffer after vax, including one little guy who will be affected for his entire life. It's sad.

Discovering what was in the vax also made me stop and think. I've decided that for my kids, this is the healthiest and safest option.
applejuice likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page