What can I do if my dd was injured from Rototeq? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-02-2008, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have not been vaxing since the 6 month round and everything is coming full circle for me here. My dd has had a long start to her life with a lot of pain. Starting from the beginning she was very healthy until 2 month vax's. Afterwards she screamed inconsolably for a week, eyes glassed, and had bad diarhea. She reacted just as badly to the 4 and 6 month vaxes. As time went on she would have days were she would just cry and cry in a bearing down sort of way (like her stomach hurt). She had projectile vomiting, she vomited what I now know to be bile, and had many mucousy stools. I called the pediatrician everytime and they assured me it was normal, just give her tylenol. Even with the vomiting bile they didn't even see her, I was just told spit up is yellow. They did admit the diarrhea was from Rototeq.

Dd continued to show signs of abdominal pain and would just lay on the floor pushing on her lower abdomen. We're talking hard pushing and shoving objects into her stomach leaving bruises and marks. It got to the point that she did this all day long and for lack of any other diagnosis or help from the ped I started thinking she had autism. Our lovely pediatrician just suggested giving her an malox. I put us on GFCF diet and she did better for a couple weeks. Dd also has chronic consitpation (shes bf) and to this day requires mag. citrate to produce a bowel movement. It's either really runny or a baseball if ykwim. We started seeing an ND and took gluten, dairy, and soy out of the diet. I started using probiotics, cooking only traditional foods (and probiotic foods), using digestive enzymes, CLO, and everything else, all trying to heal her gut, with no success.

I know in my heart it was the Rototeq vax. I knew at the time that they had damaged my child. At this point dd is going in for an upper gi series and small bowel follow through. I don't know what to hope for. I almost hope that there is something and it can be easily corrected so that dd doesn't have to suffer anymore. I want to report her reaction but I'm not sure how to without a physician to do it.
#2 of 3 Old 06-03-2008, 05:26 PM

http://vaers.hhs.gov/vaers.htm#4

This is info on reporting to VAERS.

I hope DD recovers from this!

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#3 of 3 Old 06-03-2008, 06:26 PM

I'm so sorry your daughter has been in so much pain. Definitely report to VAERS on your own if your doc won't do it.

I would seriously consider hiring an attorney that specializes in vaccine injuries.

Please keep us updated.

DS 2006 nocirc.gif DiaperFreeBaby angel1.gif March 2010, DD 2011

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page