Interesting comments from Children's Dr. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 06-03-2008, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our old Dr. called me about vaccine questions I had. I left a message and I think calling is a good time to discuss vaccine issues instead of being in the office. I asked what the risk was of my child having a reaction from a shot versus getting a disease if not vaccinated and he said about the same. I think that was a good point for me. He asked if I was concerned about short term or long term side effects and I said both but mostly long term. He said they will not know the long term effects of the current vaccine schedule for 20 years. The current schedule is 16 shots in 18 months and I think that is ridiculous. Yes the vaccines will prevent specific diseases for the most part but at what cost ? I think calling your Dr. and leaving a message to call you is a good way to go. I felt better from my living room. I am suprised that there is not more of a public uproar over this subject. It is nice to be with friends.

Green the Vaccines !!!!!!!! I love the book , Don't vaccinate before you Educate.
Philia
#2 of 16 Old 06-03-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philia View Post
I asked what the risk was of my child having a reaction from a shot versus getting a disease if not vaccinated and he said about the same.
Even if vaccinated, you are still at risk of the disease...This scews his statement somewhat...

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#3 of 16 Old 06-03-2008, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Maybe, but I thought the diseases were supposed to be "less severe," after vax, which if true would even it back out....

*sigh*

I hate the vax question. It's just too much to think about.

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#4 of 16 Old 06-03-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvysen View Post
Maybe, but I thought the diseases were supposed to be "less severe," after vax,

There is absolutely no proof of that...how would they know that any individual who contracted a disease would have had a more sever case if not vaccinated?

Are they physic? Or are they just covering their a**es when a kid still gets sick after getting the vax by saying "well, it would have been much worse if they hadn't had the vax?"

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#5 of 16 Old 06-03-2008, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I also agree with pp about them saying "vaccines make the disease less severe"- how do they know? Not everyone will get the same reaction. For instance, my husband got the flu really bad a few years back when I was pregnant. I kept on taking my vitamins and doing what I do and I avoided it all together- why? Maybe I have a better system? Maybe the vitamins I take vs my husband? Who knows?! We are both fully immunized up until age 18 and never got our boosters.
Anyway, the vaccines are causing superbugs to develop so even if it did make that certain disease "less severe", it just made other ones MORE severe!
#6 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 10:36 PM

Hey - where'd you find "Don't Vaccinate Before you Educate"? I couldn't find it at my library and it was out of stock on amazon.
#7 of 16 Old 06-05-2008, 11:32 AM

I am so glad you felt like it went well and you felt better prepared and compfortable being in your living room. I just would like to see his research and sources that made him come to those conclusions. Sometimes I think they just spew things that they hear from other doctors. We have to remember they are "practicing medicine" on our kids. I did love that he admitted that our kids are basically the ginney pigs for these vaxes and we won't know for 20 years the vax schedule effects. I agree with that!

LDS, natural birthing,, , mom to 6 super fun crazy kids!
#8 of 16 Old 06-08-2008, 03:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunneyluh View Post
Hey - where'd you find "Don't Vaccinate Before you Educate"? I couldn't find it at my library and it was out of stock on amazon.
You can get it at www.homefirst.com
#9 of 16 Old 06-09-2008, 12:28 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
He said they will not know the long term effects of the current vaccine schedule for 20 years.
This means our children are guinea pigs for the current schedule.

Do you really want your child to be a guinea pig?

In my lifetime, I can recall DES, radium boxes on the thymus glands, routine tonsilectomies, lots of oxygen for premature infants which caused blindness, routine ear tube operations, and small pox vaccinations, few procedures which still exist. They do not exist any longer because doctors saw the damage that they did to their trusting patients and quietly stopped doing them.

Someday doctors will stop doing vaccinations. But not in my lifetime.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#10 of 16 Old 06-09-2008, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

I wonder if they will prove the vaccine/ autism connection and pay out all the damages owed to all the families in court right now or green the vaccines first ? If anyone has a chance I would read the articles written by David Kirby on www. huffingtonpost.com. David wrote Evidence of Harm and has done incredible research/ reporting. I read recently how old vaccines can't just be thrown out in the trash when they expire. It would be too toxic for the soil and water. You have to practically have a Hazmat team to dispose of them. No, thanks . I think this is the biggest crime of our century.
Say No to Vax
Green the Vaccines
Phila
#11 of 16 Old 06-09-2008, 01:18 AM

I'm kind of amazed your doctor admitted what he did. That's great he is so honest. It would make you feel better about your decisions.
#12 of 16 Old 06-09-2008, 02:38 AM

for a doctor, that was an incredibly rare answer because it was intelligent and honest. I wouldn't recommend anyone talk to their MD about vaccines. they're almost never as educated on the subject as they would need to be to answer basic question accurately. doing your own reading/research is the only way to go.

but I'd hold on to that doctor.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#13 of 16 Old 06-09-2008, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

We moved and I just have never mentioned anything about my kids vaxing at the new place and they have never asked. I don't do well visits also.
I thought it was great what the old Dr. said. He also said that I was their parent not him and I have to do what I feel is best for them. I just think all parents need to make their own choice and not worry about what anyone thinks. I try to not get overly frustrated with the system but articles like the one in Time are so one sided.
Philia
#14 of 16 Old 06-11-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philia View Post
He said they will not know the long term effects of the current vaccine schedule for 20 years.
And that right there is enough reason for me not to vax my kids(not like I need more reasons )

But I do have to agree with a pp, that was an honest, intelligent answer and I would totally respect him for giving you his honest opinion. Even if he doesn't support not vaxing, it's cool of him to be honest.

SAHM to Ninja Boy (6) surf.gif and Monkey Man (4) carrot.gif.

#15 of 16 Old 06-13-2008, 05:49 PM

I don't think they'll know the long term effect even in 20 years since the effects of vaccines were only ever studied for 5 days following the vaccines and the people who are suffering vaccine related injuries are being ignored. Drs and drug companies aren't recognizing vaccine injuries as such.

Good idea about talking to your doc from home if you'd like to use him as a source of information. You have to be careful though with most docs as they receive all education regarding the vaccines from the drug companies.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#16 of 16 Old 06-18-2008, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm View Post
There is absolutely no proof of that...how would they know that any individual who contracted a disease would have had a more sever case if not vaccinated?

Are they physic? Or are they just covering their a**es when a kid still gets sick after getting the vax by saying "well, it would have been much worse if they hadn't had the vax?"
I think it's a line one of the drug companies must come up with in their marketing because I've heard it used on everything from Chicken Pox to the flu vax. :

Which is HILARIOUS because my son gets the flu the LEAST number of times and the LEAST severe of all his little baby friends, and he's 100% unvaxed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page