This is the sort of thing I can't stand with Dr.s - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 06-08-2008, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't go to this Dr. but alot of people in my city do. If you like to look at vaccine policy stuff it might interest you. I can say it does make me feel a little better because it means more and more moms out there are questioning vaccines. www.thebestkids.com.
#2 of 18 Old 06-09-2008, 01:21 AM

Wow, they feel strongly don't they? Yea, I certainly wouldn't go there.
#3 of 18 Old 06-09-2008, 01:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
But isn't it nice that they state it up-front? No need to waste time calling the office or making an appointment.
#4 of 18 Old 06-09-2008, 01:32 AM

exactly what i was going to say
#5 of 18 Old 06-09-2008, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
As a result of under-immunization, there have been small outbreaks of measles and several deaths from complications of measles in Europe and the United States over the past several years.
Well that is a lie!

How many times do they need to write in BIG BOLD LETTERS your child will die without vaccines!!!

Pitiful
#6 of 18 Old 06-09-2008, 03:29 PM

Wow! Very condescending the way they worded that piece. Did you also notice the links - the home of Paul prOffit, and the more recent 'wonderfully inaccurate' Time magazine article?

And funny how they have a link to an AAP site, yet at the end of the article it says "if you should absolutely refuse to vaccinate your child despite all our efforts, we will ask you to find another health care provider who shares your views." which is contrary to what the AAP recommends. So, are you with the AAP or aren't ya ?

And the part I bolded is indeed scary. Do they gang up on the parents until they are scared into vaccinating?

Oh this is...umm... http://www.thebestkids.com/monthlye-mails.html

"Flu Vaccine Days 2007- 2008
Flu shots will be given only on certain days. Appointments are required.
Please bring a separate Consent Form with you for each person getting the vaccine.
Also, please put your child's first and last name and their age on the contest entry."

DS 2006 nocirc.gif DiaperFreeBaby angel1.gif March 2010, DD 2011

#7 of 18 Old 06-12-2008, 10:49 PM

i cant believe they call you selfish for actually caring enough about your child to do research. they make me mad!
#8 of 18 Old 06-13-2008, 12:21 AM

I think it's pretty funny that underneath the link to their "very persuasive" vaccine policy, they have a link to their flu shot consent form, which you must sign saying that you have been told about the benefits AND the RISKS of the flu shot!
#9 of 18 Old 06-13-2008, 10:40 AM

Wow! : reading something like that really, really makes me realize how incredibly lucky we are to have a pediatrician who lets us make up our own minds as parents.
#10 of 18 Old 06-13-2008, 10:59 AM

If Dr. thought they were going to make up my mind for me, I would tell them where and how to hit the road! Matter of fact, I already have!
#11 of 18 Old 06-13-2008, 11:10 PM

I can't believe this! The wording of this makes me so angry.

I see on the home page they have lactation consultants. I wonder why they don't post a similar piece on all the benefits of breastfeeding and how they are pro-breastfeeding. Can you imagine the outrage if they called women who refuse to breastfeed selfish and lazy and endangering their children and told them they should find another doctor? I mean, why be so selective on AAP health recommendations?

This part really irked me, especially the way it is bolded.

Quote:
Please be advised, however, that delaying or "breaking up the vaccines" to give one or two at a time over two or more visits goes against expert recommendations, and can put your child at risk for serious illness (or even death) and goes against our medical advice as providers at The Best Kids
HUH? How on earth would that be harmful?

Didn't I just hear the CDC and the AAP telling parents not to worry, that they can "work with their doctor" on customizing the shot schedule and breaking it up? That was the statement they read when Jenny McCarthy was on Larry King.

Then this is funny, the dire bolded health warning, followed immediately by this:
Quote:
Such additional visits will require additional co-pays on your part.
Oh, so it's not about some dire health necessity; it's for the doctors convenience. Gotcha.

I am tempted to send this place hate mail.

Mommy to DS Adrian 8/10/04 and DD Geneva 9/02/09
#12 of 18 Old 06-13-2008, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

I think this Dr. is terrible to try to almost bully and almost shame women for questioning vaccines. The more I learn about vaccine info the more I learn how little Dr.s do know. Vaccine safety is an everchanging issue. You can't count on what you learned in med school anymore. new info comes out almost daily. I think it is rare for Dr.s to read up on any conflicting literature. I won't waste my time doing this but I wish I could send an article to this outspoken Dr. everyday in the mail with articles from Dr. Sears and David Kirby, ect. It makes me wonder if there is something more we can do to educate the public. Any thoughts ? I would love to bring the articles from Mothering out into the mainstream more. I just love it that Whole Foods sells Mothering in the check out lane. I associate them with Healthy living.
The current vaccine schedule is not safe.
Read the Cal / Oregon Study.
Let me know any ideas. I don't think I am some anti vaccine radical, I just love children and feel the medical community is too one sided. I think we could make some sort of small difference and moms deserve to know the choices out there. I wish OBGYN offices carried Mothering. I think OBGYN offices have the best audience. I know I always read Parenting and Parents . I think Dr. Sears writes for Fit pregnancy and parents sometimes which does help.
Philia
#13 of 18 Old 06-14-2008, 10:43 AM

after reading this it make me glad to have a dr that may not fully agree with us but understands where we are coming from and support our choice to not vax our kids
#14 of 18 Old 06-14-2008, 10:57 AM

yep would not go there...nope...
#15 of 18 Old 06-16-2008, 03:14 PM

:::

What a bunch of completely one sided, biased, condescending, scaremongering bullsh/t!!!
This has made me so mad!

But at least thay are upfront about it, and they have left no room for misintepretation have they? at least a parent 'thinking' of going there with perhaps a delayed schedule will not go there at all now after reading that.
Which can only be a good thing because you just know they would be coerced into vaxing on schedule in that place!
#16 of 18 Old 06-16-2008, 03:20 PM

Wow, I strongly believe these doctors are full of horse puckey and shouldn't be allowed to practice medicine on stuffed animals.

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
#17 of 18 Old 06-17-2008, 01:35 AM

Wow....how rude. Yet they are upfront and tell us non-vaxers to essentially take a hike. I say they wouldn't get my money!
Poor mamas and babies who believe and trust them.

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

#18 of 18 Old 06-17-2008, 01:16 PM

Those people are so much into big pharma propaganda that they forgot that they are supposed to be doctors (healers). They have turned into big bad bullies.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page