no vax and college?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-18-2008, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i know i have quite a few years to deal with this but i was curious.... my first 2 children (10 and 7) have had all their shots but i don't plan on giving any more. my 3 has had none (13 months). a friend is getting her 3 child ready for college and she just said she had to take her to the docs for 5 shots! meningitis and a few boosters i think. anyhow i know in public school i can sign a waiver for my kids now stating i object and they can still go to school. what happens when they get to college? can they not admit my child if they plan to go to that particular school and they don't want to get shots? does it matter if it's state run vs private? since each child does NOT HAVE to go to college i'm wondering if they can deny the child who does not vax....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-18-2008, 12:21 PM

As long as the college accepts federal money (nearly all do- grants, loans etc) then you just say you have a religious objection to vaccination and they must allow that.

-Angela
#3 of 4 Old 06-18-2008, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I went to college and returned many times. I am not vaxed and I have never had any problems.

My DD has been matriculating at a university on and off and after eleven years, she was finally asked about her vax status. It had something to do with being excluded during an outbreak of a contagious disease.

My other 2 college students never had a problem.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#4 of 4 Old 06-27-2008, 11:16 PM

This suprised me, as I am a college student, just went back two years ago, and never once was asked anything about my vax history? Maybe it would be different if it were a state college, but I have never been asked.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page