Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
7th day adventist. mornon. :
#32 of 41 Old 08-08-2008, 06:05 PM

I claim the religious exemption because it's against my personal religious beliefs. I believe God made us exactly as we're supposed to be and we shouldn't be injecting a lot of crap into our bodies.

And if anyone ever pushes me to get a member of clergy to back me up, well I'm ordained (yay legal online ordinations!) so I'll back me up. LOL
#33 of 41 Old 08-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Banned

A religious exemption for vaccination is a written form certifying that the parent's objection to immunization for religious reasons exempts the parent and child from state vaccination requirements.

A religious exemption is for anyone who has a sincere religious conflict with vaccination. A religious objection may be expressly implied by religious denomination or it may be based on an individual's own moral/spiritual conscience to live God's Word. What constitutes a religious conflict with vaccination?All vaccines are made in violation of God's Word. Vaccines are made with toxic chemicals that are injected into the bloodstream by vaccination. All vaccines are made with foreign proteins (viruses and bacteria), and some vaccines are made with genetically engineered viral and bacterial materials.

A conflict arises if you believe that man is made in God's image and the injection of toxic chemicals and foreign proteins into the bloodstream is a violation of God's directive to keep the body/temple holy and free from impurities.

A conflict arises if you accept God's warning not to mix the blood of man with the blood of animals. Many vaccines are produced in animal tissues.

A conflict arises if your religious convictions are predicated on the belief that all life is sacred. God's commandment "Thou Shall Not Kill" applies to the practice of abortion. When you believe that the practice of abortion should not be encouraged or supported in any way, a conflict arises with the use of vaccines produced in aborted fetal tissue even though you did not have any other connection with the abortions from which the vaccines are derived.
What religions qualify for religious exemption?The statutory language for Florida vaccine policy clearly states that religious exemption must be granted without question if vaccination conflicts with a person's religious convictions. A religious objection may be expressly implied by religious denomination or it may be based on an individual's own moral/spiritual conscience to live God's Word.

Agents acting on behalf of the state in vaccination matters are prohibited from requesting ANY administrative proof that explains the recipient's religious belief or that proves membership in an "acceptable" or specific religion. The state may NOT discriminate between religious denominations and may NOT make judgments regarding religious convictions. What specific scriptural teachings form the basis for religious objection to the practice of vaccination?The New Testament epistles provide an exposition of Christian teaching regarding ethical behavior. Christians think of life as a gift of God and the body as a marvelous work of divine creation to be reverenced as a temple of God (I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19). To keep the body/temple holy and clean from blemish, scripture warns against defiling the body. (I Corinthians 3:17, 2 Corinthians 7:1).
There is no scriptural support for injecting poisons or any virus into the bloodstream to cure or prevent disease. The Old and New Testaments, however, are replete with references to keeping the body blemish-free so that we may have abundant life.
#34 of 41 Old 08-09-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrysmama View Post

A conflict arises if you believe that man is made in God's image and the injection of toxic chemicals and foreign proteins into the bloodstream is a violation of God's directive to keep the body/temple holy and free from impurities.
so if i consume mcdonalds can someone declare that i truly have no religious conviction and, therefore, not be granted religious exemption?
#35 of 41 Old 08-09-2008, 10:42 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Specifically, Christian Science beliefs reject vaccination outright.

I also believe that the Seventh Day Adventist, Karaite Jews, and some sects of Hindu religions also reject vaccination (I think). Since the Amish and Mennonites reject most modern inventions, I do not think they would allow vaccination as it exists today. However vaccination as a practice has existed since ancient times in some form.

Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses leave the belief up to the individual conscience even though Mormons reject such body contaminants as alcohol, coffee, tea, and coke cola.

If one reads religious beliefs specifically, one could reject vaccination in its modern form without further elaboration.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#36 of 41 Old 08-09-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaxMamma View Post
so if i consume mcdonalds can someone declare that i truly have no religious conviction and, therefore, not be granted religious exemption?
Hmmm....absolutely!!!

laughup:::
#37 of 41 Old 08-10-2008, 07:09 PM

The Seventh-day Adventist church does not have an official stance for or against vaccinations. Individual members may decide on their own whether or not vaccinations are appropriate (as far as I know, most DO receive vaccinations ~ I was fully vaccinated as a child raised SDA).

Vaccines are routinely offered in Adventist health care facilities, and a number of international development projects focus on bringing vaccines to underdeveloped countries.

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up!

Natalie ~ mama to four at home and one in my heart
#38 of 41 Old 08-15-2008, 01:01 AM

i've always (so far) just said i'm christian. never mind that has nothing to do with why i'm not vaxing...LOL.

but yeah, you don't have to answer specifiically.

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
#39 of 41 Old 08-15-2008, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaxMamma View Post
Your blood stream is a closed system and so injecting animal products is putting them into your body, while your digestive tract is an open system and you are not necessarly putting animal products into your body they are just passing thru via your intestinal tract.

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

#40 of 41 Old 08-16-2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaVolpe View Post
Your blood stream is a closed system and so injecting animal products is putting them into your body, while your digestive tract is an open system and you are not necessarly putting animal products into your body they are just passing thru via your intestinal tract.
Thankyou!!!

I've been tossing this very idea around in my little ole head today....trying to figure out the hypocrisy of this vs. eating flesh. I kept thinking, well...some of it is absorbed via capillaries,etc. But your explanation is sound,imho.
#41 of 41 Old 09-11-2008, 06:25 AM

I'm mainline denominational Christian. My "religious exemption" (baby's not here yet but we've already made our decision on not vaxing) is that I believe that the toxic ingredients in vaccines will do my child physical harm, and intentionally harming another human being is against my religion.

And most other religions for that matter, so you can pretty much make that work no matter what you are.

Lineman Wife and Roadie to B , RV fulltiming and "waiting to be ready" to TTC.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page