I regret vaxing now toddler. Now what?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-23-2008, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son will be 4 next month and has received all recommended vaccines until this point (his last one was easily a year ago). They were broken up and spread out but he's up to date.

I made the decision I felt was best, based on my knowlege and understanding at the time. I can;t say I feel GUILTY because we really did do what we felt was best. But now I feel differently and if I could do it again, I would not have given him all of those vaccines I have never given him the flu or varicella vax and never will.

So, he is coming up due for DTaP (which I am debating), IPV (which I wish I had never done) and MMR (again, I wish I had never done).

I cannot find any info about the risks/benefits of stopping here, where we are. I know I will have an unvaxed child and the legal issues surrounding that but I mean for his health. Is there anything additional I need to know? Any further risk of not completing the series you already started? Has anyone else just decided late in the game that this was not the best choice and you were not going to finish the schedule?
#2 of 9 Old 07-23-2008, 12:56 PM

If you regret vaxing, by all means don't give any more.

There is no harm in stopping.

-Angela
#3 of 9 Old 07-23-2008, 01:05 PM

the less toxins you inject him with, the better.

DS 5-11-06
#4 of 9 Old 07-23-2008, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

that's what my heart tells me, but I want to make sure I am aware of any other effects.

It's a tough subject, all in all. Lots of info and most of it is very biased, slanted or just plain made up How are parents supposed to make educated decisions if your own government (here in the states) won't give us accurate information? Everything i read seems to fit someone's agenda.

it's sickening. Our kids are being used as political pawns.

/rant
#5 of 9 Old 07-23-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkerbell View Post
that's what my heart tells me, but I want to make sure I am aware of any other effects.

It's a tough subject, all in all. Lots of info and most of it is very biased, slanted or just plain made up How are parents supposed to make educated decisions if your own government (here in the states) won't give us accurate information? Everything i read seems to fit someone's agenda.

it's sickening. Our kids are being used as political pawns.

/rant

I ended up doing my research with just the numbers and more primary sources like the CDC and VAERS and such.

-Angela
#6 of 9 Old 07-23-2008, 02:12 PM

My oldest daughter was fully vaxed until she was 2. She is now 7 and I haven't had any problems.

One of the interesting things that I did was start talking to older family relatives like my grandma who is 84 and I asked her if she had ever had any vaccines. She never had any. I asked my MIL who was annoyed with my decision about which vaccines she had as a child. One of the observations that a lot of people made was the fact that the kids that had lots of complications with the disease were the same ones that were sickly. The healthy kids were never really bothered by a lot of the diseases. They caught them and moved on.

Like Alegna, I looked at raw numbers. If there are only 5 cases of a particular disease in one year compared to 20 reactions to the vaccine for that disease in the same year, it should be pretty obvious which one carries the higher risk. That is why it is a good idea to go to the CDC and see how many cases are reported and then go the VAERS and see how many reactions there are to the vaccine that prevents that disease. That way, it is very statistical and you filter out the rhetoric.
#7 of 9 Old 07-23-2008, 02:17 PM

right...but there are hundreds, if not thousands of vaccine reactions that never even get reported on VAERS.

DS 5-11-06
#8 of 9 Old 07-23-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliachick7 View Post
right...but there are hundreds, if not thousands of vaccine reactions that never even get reported on VAERS.
True. Even the CDC admits that at best 10% are reported. So I extrapolate numbers from there.

-Angela
#9 of 9 Old 07-23-2008, 02:41 PM

Once you make the decision to stop, you can rest your mind, and just take your time researching each disease one by one.

: Mama to ds (5) and dd (3) and .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page