Military child care exemptions? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-09-2008, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's great! I'm so glad yours was accepted!

You know, they never did call me back again after that last post. I never even told them I wasn't interested anymore. Ah well, I found a sitter who lives close to me and seems very nice.

SAHM to Ninja Boy (6) surf.gif and Monkey Man (4) carrot.gif.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer_mom View Post
The only caveat is that I live in NJ and the flu vaccination is required for daycare...and they mentioned that if there is an outbreak my son needs to leave. (which they will have to define and prove outbreak at the time of the flu because they had a very shaky definition when I questioned it)
Yes, I'd 'demand' that they certify in writing that they are in position of a lab report that confirms that a child in the daycare is infected with strain A,B, or C (whatever the strains are) that is included in the flu vaccine. The flu is easy to mistake for other illnesses and if it is not a strain in the vax then your child should not be excluded for not being vaccinated with a vaccine that could never (if working perfectly) have prevented the child's illness.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
Old 01-29-2009, 04:59 PM

Just wanted to clarify regulations on the Air Force side of the house. AFI 34-276, Family Child Care Programs, provides guidance regarding FCC providers ... those who provide child care to no more than 6 children in their own home during the day (considered contractors by the government). AFI 34-248, Child Development Centers provides guidance regarding the CDC, which is basically the daycare center for AD dependants on the Air Force installation. Either way, both point to AFJI 48-110, Immunizations and Chemoprophylaxis as the standard for setting policy regarding immunization requirements. AFJI 48-110 does provide for religious exemption in 3-2(4), as stated above.

I am fighting this battle now. Hopefully I won't have to bring my chain of command into it ... :

User Tag List