No vaccine Baby!
I initially decided to wait for the first three months since my baby was at home.
In the processes I discarded more and more vaccines for different reasons for each disease.
I thought he had to be in day care by three and a half months so I was considering Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis and HIB
Thanks God, he is under the care of my best friend's grandmother at her home. So I decided to wait until he was 6 months old.
As weeks of research passed by, I discarded Diphtheria because I believe it to be a hygiene issue, I discarded Tetanus since I believe I need to watchful and have 'ledum' available if he gets any scraps, especially puncture ones (I perform a full body screen at bath time) Nothing so far.
I discarded Pertussis, because I am willing to do the 3 week marathon around the block care in case he gets it (keep him upright, wait for the cough attack/vomit, feed him and provide liquids, start again)
Then, I was down to HIB.
Well, this is a tricky one for me, if he should get it, I have no idea how to take care of it. I haven’t find any information besides run to the ER and hope for the best.
According to CDC:http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/ed/vpd20...ides/Hib10.ppt
Cases are 68 per year
Risk factors are:
Large household size
Child Care attendance
Low socioeconomic status
low parental education
School age siblings
I decided not to vaccinate because the risk factors are not applicable to my son, with the exception of school-aged siblings,(The nanny grandchildren ages 7 and 9) and with around 68 cases a year (according to the higher numbers I found) the risk is close to zero. I didn’t get that vaccine myself.Close to Zero is not zero, so I wanted to ask you, how to prevent, how to recognize the disease, what to do about it, any (unfortunate) experience with a kid getting a serious case? Any natural remedies, care protocol?