Hi, looking for info. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-27-2008, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I could really use some help from anyone who has some good resources.

I'm expecting my 1st baby in October, and I had planned to do do delayed/selective vax. My DP had no problems with that, agreed with the points that I made, assumed I did my research, and all was fine.

Well, yesterday he was talking to a friend who makes most people on MDC look like the least crunchy people alive. The friend was asking questions about the pregnancy and the baby and when they asked him about the vax thing he told them my feelings, and also said that I was having a hard time finding a doctor I liked even though I've interviewed several.

The friend got a look of horror on his face and said that he would NEVER vax his children and that vaccinations are 100% bad (he also advised us against seeing a doctor at all) He told my DP that vaccinations are the main cause of SIDS (an issue close to our hearts, we lost a family member last year) He gave my DP an article to bring home for me to read. DP came home visually concerned and upset, for someone to pull the SIDS card brought up alot of emotions I know he has been trying to work through.

Anway, I read the article, which was printed in 1994 in an alternative lifestyles magazine, with a perfectly open mind. I don't have my mind 100% made up on the VAX situation and am totally willing to do more reading and reevaluate our plans and options. Unfortunatly, with the exception of a few valid points that I was already aware of and one new piece of information I found logical and helpful, most of the 6page article was BS. I was laughing out loud through a lot of it.

I told DP that unfortunatly the article wasn't very helpful to me, but that I could tell he was truely concerned about it, and I know that many very intelligent people decide not to VAX their children, so there must be more information available that I just haven't gotten my hands on yet. I promised him I would put more time into researching the whole subject.

I'm 34 weeks pregnant. I work 50 hours a week. I have a to-do list 6 pages long. I'm begging you to help me save time by pointing me in the direction of some good research/articles/books on the subject, or even just your personal feelings. The idea of digging through the internet & library from scratch sounds so time consuming.

Thanks in advance, I'm a new poster to this forum but I know how willing everyone on MDC is usually to share research.

Edited to add: Either way, the baby won't be getting any vax during the first year, so I'm really looking for things that justify not EVER doing vax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2008, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'd poke around on the site below. It cites research and has links to useful places like the CDC and vaccine inserts, and the articles are well-written. It's not geared so much towards the don't-vaccinate-under-any-circumstances philosophy so much as helpful for deciding for or against each individual vaccine.

http://insidevaccines.com/wordpress/
Old 08-27-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim919 View Post
Hi, I could really use some help from anyone who has some good resources.

I'm expecting my 1st baby in October, and I had planned to do do delayed/selective vax. My DP had no problems with that, agreed with the points that I made, assumed I did my research, and all was fine.

Well, yesterday he was talking to a friend who makes most people on MDC look like the least crunchy people alive. The friend was asking questions about the pregnancy and the baby and when they asked him about the vax thing he told them my feelings, and also said that I was having a hard time finding a doctor I liked even though I've interviewed several.

The friend got a look of horror on his face and said that he would NEVER vax his children and that vaccinations are 100% bad (he also advised us against seeing a doctor at all) He told my DP that vaccinations are the main cause of SIDS (an issue close to our hearts, we lost a family member last year) He gave my DP an article to bring home for me to read. DP came home visually concerned and upset, for someone to pull the SIDS card brought up alot of emotions I know he has been trying to work through.

Anway, I read the article, which was printed in 1994 in an alternative lifestyles magazine, with a perfectly open mind. I don't have my mind 100% made up on the VAX situation and am totally willing to do more reading and reevaluate our plans and options. Unfortunatly, with the exception of a few valid points that I was already aware of and one new piece of information I found logical and helpful, most of the 6page article was BS. I was laughing out loud through a lot of it.

I told DP that unfortunatly the article wasn't very helpful to me, but that I could tell he was truely concerned about it, and I know that many very intelligent people decide not to VAX their children, so there must be more information available that I just haven't gotten my hands on yet. I promised him I would put more time into researching the whole subject.

I'm 34 weeks pregnant. I work 50 hours a week. I have a to-do list 6 pages long. I'm begging you to help me save time by pointing me in the direction of some good research/articles/books on the subject, or even just your personal feelings. The idea of digging through the internet & library from scratch sounds so time consuming.

Thanks in advance, I'm a new poster to this forum but I know how willing everyone on MDC is usually to share research.

Edited to add: Either way, the baby won't be getting any vax during the first year, so I'm really looking for things that justify not EVER doing vax
go to www.vaclib.org
Old 08-27-2008, 07:05 PM

www.vaclib.org for sure. you can type in anything you're interested in in their *search* area. My page is www.myspace.com/parentsagainstvax I have quite a few videos there from Dr's and such about vaccines. Very informative!!
Old 08-27-2008, 09:10 PM

Well, if you're delaying for the first year, there are some vax that supposedly protect you against diseases that are not dangerous after infancy, anyway. I like Dr. Sears' new vaccine book. It's a quick read and very informative and gives recommended delayed schedules if that's the route you want to take.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:01 PM

The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears.
Quick to the point , informative, current, and an easy read.
I bought mine off Amazon
Old 08-28-2008, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the help and links!! I'll definatly check out all of the links & pick up Dr. Sears's book asap.

I know there is a separate forum for delayed vax, which as I said I've been leaning towards, but if anyone has any passionate feelings about going no-vax I would really love to hear them. Thanks.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm not sure this is passionate enough, and I'm not actually completely anti-vax, though we no longer vaccinate at all, but one of my bigger issues with the whole process of vaccination is that it's supposed to be parents handing over all the responsibility for their kids' health to a stranger and a system. Although it's never stated, we are supposed to just follow the schedule and then never think about these diseases--even though vaccines are not 100% effective (safety is a whole nother topic) and so we may be responsible for caring for a child with a VAD. Not vaccinating, or making a conscious decision about which vaccines to accept/decline, means that the parent needs to decide how they would deal with these illnesses (and by extension, illness in general). And that leads to empowerment--I _can_ understand what's going on with my child and support their bodies through illness, and I'm not dependent on going to a professional. But it's a slippery slope that I know the medical establishment can't be thrilled with, because then people learn so much, their kids rarely get sick enough to need a sick visit. And then taking on that personal responsibility for our kids' health means that we need to really learn about nutrition, and discussions on the food supply and what constitutes a nutritious diet for our particular family comes into play... and pretty soon we're making some pretty different choices.

Anyway, the short reason that we no longer vaccinate is that I think there are too many unknowns about how the vaccines really affect the body, and there are enough suggestions that there may be trouble, in possibly subtle and long-term ways, and there are a _lot_ more ways to support people in healing than I'd ever guessed. And they're pretty effective--my 2nd child gets sick a lot, so I've got a lot of practice helping him through illness, and with a bit of nerve and luck, none of his illnesses have turned serious and I do not consider myself an expert by any stretch of the imagination. It's not that hard to read, find a toolbox of things to try for illnesses, and then figure out which work for your own child.

Okay, done blathering for tonight. Good luck sorting it all out.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:21 PM

Hey!
I have a short list of links on my web site:
http://www.rmcsquared.net/links.htm

However, if I could only pick the best resources:
1. Inside Vaccines (which someone else has mentioned)
2 & 3. A User-Friendly Vaccination Schedule and An Update on This Vaccination Schedule
http://www.lewrockwell.com/******/miller15.html
&
http://donaldmiller.com/an_update_on...ination_sc.htm

4. And the vaccine ingredients lists at WAVE:
http://www.novaccine.com/

We chose to do the Hib, starting at 6 months. I'm not sure I'd do it again, but I'm not 100% against it. The other ones, frankly, I am against. Too much *stuff* in them. I remember going through the list, and looking for definitions for all the chemicals in the vaccines. There was one in particular that had the warning: Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not take this substance! in big letters and then it explained why. But it was in at least one vaccine, and vaccines are INJECTED into children.

Initially, we delayed until age 2. Now we've chosen not to do any more. We live in CA, so we're not worried about the school situation. However, I'm not the type to let others boss me around. :

I hope this is helpful. Good luck!

~ Robyn

Mom to Jackson, b. January 2006

and Cassandra, b. October 2011

weadopted.gif novaxnocirc.gif

http://chittisterchildren.wordpress.com

Old 09-04-2008, 09:57 PM

I personally really respect Sherri Tenpenny. She is an OD and former ER doc who is one of the most educated outspoken medical people against vaxes. She has spoken before the CDC boards many times. Her main site is:

http://www.nmaseminars.com/

If you google her on youtube though you can find alot of videos about vaxing for free I think. If not, it's worth buy IMO. I bought both her older DVDs. I found A HUGE amount of peace with my decision after watching her stuff (among other research). She is very bright and uses actual CDC data to debunk their myths. ( She is also the child of a chiro and unvaxed herself)

Some friends of mine had a church friend very similar to yours who said DO NOT VAX!! They called me (knowing my beliefs) and began to research. They live a state away so I sent them my dvds. Needless to say they chose to not vax. Her husband has a degree in HAZMAT ( Hazardous materials stuff) so he likes things nice and "sciencey".... he watched her videos and called his wife from work and said, " We will not be vaccinating".... for them the rest is history.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:44 PM

A bit of my reasoning...

*you can always vax later but you can never take one back so if you are unsure about one hold off until you have gotten the chance to research

*their are many medical treatments for VPDs but very little treatments for the side effects of vaxes, I feel more confident in my ability to treat the disease than I would any of the side effects

*I don't like the ingredients...aluminum, mecury, formaldahyde, aborted fetal tissue, animal byproducts, etc...

*I was suprised to find out that vaxes are not tested to see if they work. When a vax insert says that this vax is 80% effective that does not mean they tested it. You would think that they took 100 people who were vaxed and exposed them to the disease and 20 of them got sick. WRONG What they do is vax people then count the antibodies in their blood, if your body produces X amt or more antibodies then it is assumed that you are immune but no one actually test it. :

*I don't trust the manufactures who make the vaxes. Their is to much lying, hiding and covering up. If they were honest about their products then I would be more likely to believe them but they are to shady.

*I don't fully trust the CDC and FDA as they get a large portion of their funding from vax manufactures. It is a conflict of interest and makes it impossible for unbiased decisions.

*I find it curious that all the vaxes claimed that one shot was all you needed to confer immunity. Then they keep adding additional shots to the schedule because one wasn't enough. They keep upping it, which makes me wonder if they work at all.

*unlike vaxes, childhood diseases do confer permenant immunity to the diseases once aquired. Immunity by disease strengthens your immune system, temporary immunity by vax does not.

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

User Tag List