What can I do? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-01-2008, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My child has recieved her 2 month shots but i have decided to not continue with the rest of her shots, at least until she is way older. What can I do if she does get sick? I heard of huge vitamin c doses but how much is too much? What else can you do?

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#2 of 3 Old 09-01-2008, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh wow, lots of things!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the main thing, i think, is prevention though! get her adjusted regularly, massage, etc. for prevention and if she gets sick, probiotics, simple rest and fluids and letting her body do its job. don't give her over the counter meds when she's sick, b/c it could block her body from doing its job. we don't give ours tylenol or anything, b/c fever is part of the process. if one of our kids feels hot/has a temperature, we are actually glad! it means their body is working on getting rid of that infection. i know i'm forgetting a lot of things here. BFing is a huge advantage for your dd on fighting infection. what am i leaving out, mamas?

SAHM to DS1 (8/5/05), DS2 (3/20/07), DS3 (11/26/08), D?4 (Aug 2010) and (4/06) We CD, get adjusted , don't vax, and don't circ (post DS1.)
#3 of 3 Old 09-01-2008, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydiah View Post
My child has recieved her 2 month shots but i have decided to not continue with the rest of her shots, at least until she is way older. What can I do if she does get sick? I heard of huge vitamin c doses but how much is too much? What else can you do?
Go to Health and Healing.

For keeping your dcn healthy and to treat VPDs: "Naturally Healthy Babies and Children: A Commonsense Guide to Herbal Remedies, Nutrition, and Health" by Aviva Romm and "How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor" by pediatrician Dr. Mendelsohn.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page