Do I have to tell anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-04-2008, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 3mo, and I'm wondering if I have to tell anyone we're not vaxing until he goes to school. Would it be good to go to the FP for WBVs just to get his weight checked (we have a way of doing it at home), or do I just wait until I need to take him to the doctor and fight it out then?

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2008, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can you start looking for a doc who won't give you a fight? It's nice to not have that feeling of dread, just in case (later on, I mean, unlikely at 3 months) you have something like an injury or something that you'd really like a professional to take a look at. FYT is a great place to start looking, also local midwives and chiropractors, and there's an article on insidevaccines.com about finding doctors.

We don't do WBVs anymore, but it was a slow evolution as I became more comfortable with my understanding of my kids' health.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:51 PM

Do what you feel comfortable with. We only saw a HCP when dd was sick enough that I wanted their opinion. Since we only went when she was sick it rarely came up and if it did I just told them we were vaxing at the health Dept and once we had insurance I just told them we would do it when she healthy, since it's SOP to not vax a sick person. She is an adult now.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:17 AM

Whether your ds goes to school,or not,it's not anyones business.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:47 PM

I wouldn't go out of my way to bring it up with anyone.

As far as the doctor goes, I recommend finding someone who respects your views. I think WBV are beneficial, if only to check the heart to make sure its functioning properly. You need someone to call if your child gets hurt/sick...so I highly endorse having some kind of relationship with a HCP.

User Tag List