I thought we had chicken pox! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-07-2008, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Argh!
I am so disappointed. The past few weeks I have been dealing with symptoms that seem like a mild case of shingles. I finally went in last week and my ND had me get a blood test to see if indeed it was. The results haven't come back yet.

Anyway- yesterday ds suddenly started coughing during his nap and woke up COVERED in spots. I immediately thought of the chicken pox- since I was hoping he'd get it from my shingles. And when he chilled out enough for me to look for pictures online- it looked like chicken pox too!

Called the ND who congratulated us- and gave us a protocol to follow. DS slept deeply through the entire night and when he woke I checked his pox. Lots were still there but lots were gone! OK- if there is one thing I know they do not just disappear. I am so disappointed.

I still don't know what it was but he seems to have recovered. It didn't look like the hives he had last year but it was also a LOT worse. So maybe that is what they look like when they are that severe. His face was swollen too. So now I have that to look forward to! The possiblity of seeing a reaction like that again someday- and to what? I have no idea.

My friends are all bummed too- they were looking forward to bringing their kids to play at our house this week in hopes we could all get it over with at once. :
#2 of 4 Old 09-07-2008, 01:41 AM

A woman that my husband works with (her son) and my older sister both have chicken pox but my hubby feels it's too soon to expose 13 month old to it. I agree somewhat... but I'm just worried that we'll never have an opportunity to again! :
#3 of 4 Old 09-07-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnNoelle View Post
A woman that my husband works with (her son) and my older sister both have chicken pox but my hubby feels it's too soon to expose 13 month old to it. I agree somewhat... but I'm just worried that we'll never have an opportunity to again! :
Autumn, my daughter had chicken pox at five months old, and it was sooo much easier than my older children. My two year old was fine as well, he just wasn't big enough to be as unnerved as the older kids (aged, five, six, seven and nine)

Obviously a personal choice, but I think the younger the better.

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

#4 of 4 Old 09-10-2008, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

I don't know of anyone in our area with chicken pox. There should be some kind of network to find out these things! LOL

I have a whole group of friends here who were planning to come over and expose their kids. Now we are all disappointed!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page