Could they ever make us vaccinate? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 10-14-2008, 05:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are you talking about NC? If you are, then yes, they DID suspend hundreds of kids, would not allow them to come back to school without the proof saying they were vaxed. The thing was, almost all of these kids did NOT have religious exemption. The parents didn't get them up to date in time to return to school for Fall.
I just so happened to have a check up for DD the day of the deadline. You should have seen the drs office. It was jam packed with kids getting their shots!!! Broke my heart!
I secretly wanted to go around to all the moms and tell them about their options...but, ya know.
Also, for homeschooling here, we have to either have a vax record or the exemption on file in case anyone from the NCDNPE every decides to check on us

Kelly : mama to Austin and Isabella Wife to Rockin'Rollin'Rick :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 37 Old 10-17-2008, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
"So last night on our local news there was story how a middle school suspended children who weren't up to date on vax's! I'm not even sure that is legal???!!! They said it was due to many children not having DTAP and an outbreak of the whooping cough. If you had religious exemption - would it not be illegal for them to suspend you?"

Not sure where you are but in my state if you have a religious exemption on file, if there is an outbreak of a "VPD" such as WC, then they can keep your unvaccinated kid out of school until the "outbreak" is over. They can't however force vaccination on your child.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#33 of 37 Old 10-17-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paquerette View Post
On the homeschooling thing, do any other states besides PA require an exemption for homeschooling as well? Or are we just special here? :
Are you joking? Some states require exemptions for homeschooling or be up to date on vaxes?? What sense does that make? That is about the dumbest thing Ive ever heard!!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#34 of 37 Old 10-17-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post
Are you joking? Some states require exemptions for homeschooling or be up to date on vaxes?? What sense does that make? That is about the dumbest thing Ive ever heard!!
[tinfoil hat on] They do that on purpose just to get back at all the homeschoolers who are homeschooling mainly for the non-vaccination issue. [tinfoil hat off]

DS 2006 nocirc.gif DiaperFreeBaby angel1.gif March 2010, DD 2011

#35 of 37 Old 10-18-2008, 05:46 PM

This very much scares me too! I can definitly see it happening. I just hope ds is older. My mom and i have that discussion too, that if they say they are going to take your child if you don't vax, what will you do? I have to say i am very very much against vaxing but i could not bear my child being taken away. and they would just vax him anyway. but i'm with others about just making a break for mexico (of course how long till it's mandatedt there as well) or heading for the woods. but ya know, winters coming! hopefully the world can wait to unravel till spring!
#36 of 37 Old 10-18-2008, 06:02 PM

If a vaccine against AIDS will be manufactored there will sure be forced vaccinations without question.
#37 of 37 Old 10-18-2008, 06:19 PM

I dont' understand how they could take religious exemption away - our country was founded on our freedom, and on religion, so this makes me curious.

Also, how would 'they' make religious exemption hard to come by? How DO you single out those who are using it just as an exemption and those who truley believe in it?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page