i want to know more about why not to vaccinate in lamens terms please - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-10-2008, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have always felt that going natural is best,but i never knew you could actually refuse getting vaccines or your child getting them? i'm interested and want to know more.
#2 of 7 Old 09-10-2008, 02:20 PM

What exactly do you want to know?
You can visit my page, www.myspace.com/parentsagainstvax
There you can find ways to get exemptions, watch videos explaing the reasons vaccines aren't needed.. by Dr's!, and other information, like the ingredients.
#3 of 7 Old 09-10-2008, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

ty
#4 of 7 Old 09-10-2008, 08:20 PM

Inside Vaccines

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#5 of 7 Old 09-11-2008, 06:44 PM

There is a bunch of data in the stickies of the main vax forums. Some of them in layman's terms.
#6 of 7 Old 09-11-2008, 10:54 PM

the best layman's reasons apply more to some vaccines than others, but here are some:

1. gross-out ingredients (bits of people, fetuses, cows, monkeys)
2. toxic ingredients (things we know hurt your brain)
3. some don't prevent you from passing the disease along (if you're thinking of getting vaxed to spare little junior from the disease)
4. Some diseases are rare to near impossible to get living an average life in the U.S.
5. Sometimes the reactions are more likely than the diseases themselves
6. Doctors who scare you seem suspiciously like salesmen
7. And they get paybacks, so they are a lot like salesmen
8. Long-term risks completely unknown and unstudied
9. Long-term risks of the schedule as a whole totally unknown
10. "new" childhood epidemics haven't been proven unrelated to vaxes: ex: autoimmune disorders previously unheard of in kids, asthma, it's a long, long list linked to vaxes
11. When in doubt, default to "leave it alone"
12. lifetime immunity when you get the "real" virus protects your kid as an old person
13. all of the diseases have cheap, accessible treatments
14. and preventions
15. vax reactions don't have many treatments
16. some vaxes on the schedule aren't needed for kids at all (hep b)
17. kids aren't healthier than they were 50 years ago, imo, they're sicker. with scarier stuff. vaxes aren't making us healthier.

That's all I can think of right now...

Enjoying my plummet off the deep end mommy with two (2005) and (2007)
#7 of 7 Old 09-12-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthamommaof3 View Post
i have always felt that going natural is best,but i never knew you could actually refuse getting vaccines or your child getting them? i'm interested and want to know more.
hey! just realized i think you PM'd me about this. sorry for not writing you back.

i didn't read the responses, so forgive me if i'm being redundant, but you can refuse vaxes in any state. just say NO to the doctor. it's perfectly within your rights and perfectly legal.

if your kids are going to go to school/daycare/college/etc., then you will need to acquire an exemption, which in most states is fairly simple. i live in virginia and it took me all of an hour to print our form and get it notarized by the bank. i had to claim it's against our religious beliefs, but in some states there are philosophical exemptions.

if you're in NC (btw, i'm from pretty near fayetteville/fort bragg myself), i think the requirements are similar as here. no philosophical exemption, but there is a religious one...

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page