vax help please!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-20-2008, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know I do not post on here as much as I would like too, but I have a very grave problem, self created. I have had a religious exemption for 4 years now. for my daughter, who was previously vaxed, my then newborn son who is 4 now, and my 9 mnth old ethan. my 4 yr old who attended preschool up until this year with it, I had to take out of school because the preschool was too expensive. he just had a physical, and in a moment I wish to god I could take back , had the HIB vaccine. which I realized too late was not even needed for his age. I found a school for him and am about to enroll him monday,as well as switch doctors. I have just trashed my religious exemption, and for no good reason. I do not want him to get anymore. any ideas? I have a couple, but I am in a panic and am about to leave for a soccer game, so will post those upon return. help mommas!

rachael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2008, 06:01 PM

Where are you? In FL, it is my understanding that you can obtain a religious exemption for the purpose of no-vax, OR delayed or selective vax. You have to opt out of a database (called SHOTS) to prevent your child's status from being viewed by schools & daycares. But if you have done that, you can continue to present the religious exemption to schools & daycares, and only the doc will know that shots have been administered. HTH.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

nope I am in mass. I also cross posted to massachusetts but I thought I might be able to get some quicker insight here. I am so angry with myself. And hubby is not too happy ethier.

rachael

User Tag List