Thought on title of this forum... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-28-2008, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Couldn't we call it 'I'm vaccine-free' instead?

Something about 'I'm NOT Vaccinating' feels off to me. It almost feels like it's rebelling against vaccination, rather than just going with what organically IS, which is a vaccine-free body.

Does anyone else feel this way? I don't have this totally processed through my head, but I thought I'd mention it and start a conversation.

Furthermore, '....members who have made the decision not to vaccinate' doesn't really serve me. My family is vaccine free, but they were born that way, too, and it wasn't really a 'decision', as much as the default state of our existence.

I'd like to start shifting the tide of 'vaxes are what people do', to 'vaxes are a good/ service that some people choose to purchase'.

I'd rather it read '....members who have not made the decision to vaccinate'....

Anyone have thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-28-2008, 01:59 PM

I really like this idea, personally. "I'm not vaccinating" sounds almost petulant somehow.

Vaccine-free is the default, you're right. And allowing doctors to inject your children with untested poison that has dubious benefits and known dangerous side effects isn't something that should be taken for granted and automatically assumed to be the "normal" choice IMO.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#3 of 4 Old 09-29-2008, 03:54 AM

To me, "vaccine-free" actually makes being "vaccine-full" sound like the norm!

It would be like "circumcision-free". Intact is the word used, not the phrase in quotes.

But since "intact" is already used, having an "intact" immune system doesn't work.

And I like being petulant about vaccines. It IS the norm around these parts, so saying "I'm not vaccinating" is absolutely perfect for me.
#4 of 4 Old 09-30-2008, 01:59 AM

Please address questions or suggestions in the forum designated for that purpose so that our administrators can better assist you. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...isplay.php?f=2

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page