convince me not to. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-29-2008, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i made the decision not to vaccinate my 6 month old DD. she is completely unvaxed and this is a decision i thought i felt 100% on. Now of course she has her 6 month well baby check up tomorrow and i am starting to question my decision. Whooping cough terrifies me and everytime she coughs i am convinced its pertussis. so now i am thinking maybe just the dtap wouldn't be so bad.. and then i go back and forth and back and forth. i know in my heart i don't want to vaccinate her, but pressure from everyone is getting to me, especially now with winter/cold/flu season coming up.

her appointment is at 9:30 tomorrow morning. we can't skip it because it is also a follow up for something she was in for a few weeks ago.

so please somebody remind me why I'm not vaccinating? help me get over the "dtap wouldn't be so bad" feeling.

tia.

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-29-2008, 07:04 PM

This helped convince me:

What causes the DTaP scream?

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#3 of 7 Old 09-29-2008, 10:48 PM

Also this:

Pertussis: Yo-Yo Stats

and this

Pertussis in the unvaccinated

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#4 of 7 Old 09-29-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamanda View Post
i made the decision not to vaccinate my 6 month old DD. she is completely unvaxed and this is a decision i thought i felt 100% on. Now of course she has her 6 month well baby check up tomorrow and i am starting to question my decision. Whooping cough terrifies me and everytime she coughs i am convinced its pertussis. so now i am thinking maybe just the dtap wouldn't be so bad.. and then i go back and forth and back and forth. i know in my heart i don't want to vaccinate her, but pressure from everyone is getting to me, especially now with winter/cold/flu season coming up.

her appointment is at 9:30 tomorrow morning. we can't skip it because it is also a follow up for something she was in for a few weeks ago.

so please somebody remind me why I'm not vaccinating? help me get over the "dtap wouldn't be so bad" feeling.

tia.
if you feel in your heart vaxing is not right for you/your child, then nothing should get in the way of that. to me, it's not about stats and links (though there's plenty to support a no vax decision); it's about your mama instincts. mine have always told me not to vax, and i am really comfortable with that almost always. i do have weak moments, but i always come back to looking at my daughter, seeing how bright and healthy she is, and realizing that she is that way 100% naturally, and can remain so if i just let her body work the way it is designed to.

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
#5 of 7 Old 10-02-2008, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobedone View Post
if you feel in your heart vaxing is not right for you/your child, then nothing should get in the way of that. to me, it's not about stats and links (though there's plenty to support a no vax decision); it's about your mama instincts. mine have always told me not to vax, and i am really comfortable with that almost always. i do have weak moments, but i always come back to looking at my daughter, seeing how bright and healthy she is, and realizing that she is that way 100% naturally, and can remain so if i just let her body work the way it is designed to.

: :
#6 of 7 Old 10-02-2008, 12:14 AM

Don't vaccinate unless you feel good about it. You can always vaccinate but you can't unvaccinate.
#7 of 7 Old 10-02-2008, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamanda View Post
i

tia.
i cant tell you why you decided not to vax but as the saying goes "you can never take it back".

i would say not to have a vax tomorrow b/c it doesnt seem like you are comfortable knowing all teh risks and benefits of the vax. Until you are, the default should be NOT to vax. Once you have had the time to do your research and make your decision, then feel comfortable w/ that.

We all worry about our kids coughing...but not vax'ing shouldn't paralyze you in fall/winter season.

good luck!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page