Travel Questions out of country - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-09-2008, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't gotten my son any vaxes since his four month old appointment, and I don't plan to. But what do you people think about going out of the country. I have friends in Africa, Mexico, and I would like to travel with him when he's older. But I still hold on to lingering vaccination doubt...

my toy shop on etsy.com: wooden baby keys, natural bathtub toys, wooden animals, little kitchens, waldorf dolls...also check out my blog about saving money, creating things, and natural living
#2 of 5 Old 10-09-2008, 05:10 PM

I hope someone will come along to answer this, I'd really like to take my non-vaxed baby to see my family in Ireland in a few years.
#3 of 5 Old 10-09-2008, 05:39 PM

nak

I wouldn't worry about Ireland AT ALL, and as long as you have access to clean water, I wouldn't worry about anything else either.

Why would you need vax's in another country if you don't need them here?

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#4 of 5 Old 10-09-2008, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post
nak

I wouldn't worry about Ireland AT ALL, and as long as you have access to clean water, I wouldn't worry about anything else either.

Why would you need vax's in another country if you don't need them here?
Thanks, I'm glad to hear that! I guess my thought wasn't so much that DD would need vaxes for her sake, but maybe that each country had regulations or something requiring you to be up to date on your vaxes or they wouldn't let you in??? I don't really travel out of the country much, so I'm kinda clueless
#5 of 5 Old 10-10-2008, 10:45 AM

Hmm, didn't think of that. I don't think so, but you may want to try Googling the countries you have in mind just to check.

None required for Mexico (just checked) but you may need Yellow Fever for India... not sure. They say required, but I don't know anything about Yellow Fever. There is more info on the CDC website.

All that said, I would still avoid it if at all possible, but if it is required to enter the country (and I suspect not) you will have to weigh the risks and benefits.

ETA: I have travelled to Korea, Japan, Scotland, England, France and the US and have never once been asked for proof of vaccination.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page