How do you find a no vax friendly Dr. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-07-2008, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I tried the tribal area and got no replies. So now I'm not sure where to go from here.

TIA, Terri
#2 of 8 Old 11-07-2008, 04:23 PM

Do you see a chiropractor? Many chiropractors do not vaccinate their children so you could check with one and see if they have any recommendations.

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

#3 of 8 Old 11-08-2008, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Places I'd look/ask (in addition to FYT):
-local midwives
-local chiropractors
-yahoo groups--AP/API, babywearing, cloth-diapering, holistic moms, native nutrition (affiliated with the Weston Price food folks),
-local health food store
-any alternative healthcare provider you run into/get a rec for

It's frustrating to not be able to find someone (and stressful to talk that first time!) so best of luck to you.

There's also an article at insidevaccines.com about finding healthcare providers.

Oh--did you search the older threads in FYT? It's usually been discussed before, but I noticed there's not much history there anymore, not sure what/why the old threads were deleted/moved/other? Folks may not realize the info is not as search-able as it used to be (so you may need to bump your thread a bit). hth
#4 of 8 Old 11-09-2008, 12:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
#5 of 8 Old 11-11-2008, 03:25 AM

My anti-vax midwife referred me to an anti-vax pediatrician. And then the pediatrician referred me to an anti-vax chiropractor. These are the only three practitioners that my daughter has ever seen since I did a home birth. Its nice having everyone be anti-vax

Traditional & nutrient-dense foods/Weston A. Price Foundation advocate, Reiki II practitioner, EFT practitioner, past life & life between lives Hypnotherapist practitioner. Home birth with DD 2007 = never vaccinated, breastfed 3 years

#6 of 8 Old 11-11-2008, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I'll try some of these and see what happens. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks, Terri
#7 of 8 Old 11-11-2008, 03:59 PM

You're in WA. So am I! We use a naturopath for DS's care. Not all will care for an infant who is not also under an MD's care, but we found one and it was terrific.

She actually now has a few vaccines that she makes available for parents who haven't totally decided against vaxes, but all she does during visits is ASK if you're doing vaccines, and if you say "no" she just checks off that box and moves along.

The two times DS went to the ER last year, we just gave her name (didn't say ND or MD, just Dr so and so) as his physician, and it was all fine.
#8 of 8 Old 11-11-2008, 04:07 PM

In addition to the ideas above, you can try asking some mothers in your local LLL group after the meeting. Local homeschooling groups might also be good places to find a mama or two who might have some suggestions for you.

If those arent' options, we had good luck focusing on finding a PCP who was NOT an MD. We looked for DOs and NDs - and we found a DO who was fine with not vaccinating on the first try. I prefer personal recommendations from likeminded local mamas, which is how we found our wonderful nurse-practitioner, but osteopaths and naturopaths do tend to be good choices. And DOs are covered by most insurance.

~ Colleen ~ Joyful Unschooling Pagan mama to hearts.gifenergy.gifsuperhero.gifjog.gif and babyf.gif
"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page