Current studies about mercury usage in manufacturing of vaxes?? x-posted in activism - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-08-2008, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is x-posted in Activism.

We've chosen not to vax for several reasons. Our two bio boys are not (my oldest was for about the first year, then I stopped), but our foster baby girl (4.5 mos old) has to be by state mandation. When we switched her doctor to a different pedi, I brought my 1 yo in because I thought he had an ear infection. When the topic of no vax came up, I was handed a packet of studies, probably 5-6, in support of vaxing. They all focused on mercury and toxicity, stating it didn't cause autism. I was outraged that this physician is handing these one-sided packets out and decided to prepare some studies of my own to return to him to help inform him of the "other side." I've found some really great studies, but there's one link I need that I can't find. I know that in a lot of vaxes, thimerosal is used in the manufacturing, but it is later removed. As such, there are trace amounts of mercury remaining. "Thimerosal is used at the early stages of manufacture and is removed by subsequent purification steps to below the analytical limit of detection (<25 ng of mercury/20 mcg HBsAG) which upon calculation is <12.5 ng mercury per dose." [Making an Informed Decision]

Does anyone have any updated package inserts/studies/info regarding the current (that study/info was from 2002) usage of thimerosal in manufacturing and therefore the residual amounts of mercury still found in vaccines claiming to be mercury-free??

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2008, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't have any studies about it, but if you want to share info (in addition to what you've got, I mean), I'd do it on the (lack of) information on how babies excrete aluminum, and all the unknowns surrounding it.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:08 PM

If you click on the brand names in this chart it will take you to the current PI:
http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/thi-table.htm
Old 11-08-2008, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you!! :

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Old 11-11-2008, 05:03 PM

Glad you got some info!

I think it's so "cute" that pro-vax people think the ONLY reason anti-vax people have is autism. I could hardly care less about autism...it's the complete changing of the immune system and messing with mother nature thing that I worry about! :
Old 11-11-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkybean View Post
Glad you got some info!

I think it's so "cute" that pro-vax people think the ONLY reason anti-vax people have is autism. I could hardly care less about autism...it's the complete changing of the immune system and messing with mother nature thing that I worry about! :
Tell me about it! I'm annoyed with all the magaizines and people who make this comment as their first argument.. gag...
Old 11-13-2008, 04:00 PM

One of my personal pet peeves is DOCTORS who assure parents that "the MMR vaccine no longer contains mercury". ARGH!

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs

User Tag List