Recycled picnic table? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-29-2008, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We just bought some "wood" made of recycled plastic and sawdust. It looks like wood but without the maintence. I have seen park benches made of this stuff. Has anybody seen a picnic table? If so could you throw me a link? TIA:

praying.gif Angela married to DHsuperhero.gif......DDguitar.gif age 7 , DDblowkiss.gif age 5 ,  DSsleepytime.gif age 4 and sadly 2 angel.gif  in heaven, Catholic and ribbonwhite.gif with a dash of crunch: hang.gif    chicken3.gif  homeschool.gif

#2 of 4 Old 12-16-2008, 02:13 AM

I have a friend who made a deck out of that stuff and it worked just like regular wood, so a standard picnic table plan should work.

I googled "picnic table plans" and it came up with a ton of free ones.
#3 of 4 Old 12-26-2008, 12:08 AM

I think this is a great idea.

One word of caution - My husband is a builder, and he did a deck with this stuff last year. It was a dark color like charcoal and it got REALLY hot in the sun. So hot you wouldn't want to walk on it in bare feet. So if you are using a dark color, put it in the shade!

Mama of one with one on the way 12/10
#4 of 4 Old 12-26-2008, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. We used the light colored one...I'm happy to hear about the dark ones being hot. I plan on hitting DH up once he finishes the kids playset. ( he shouldn't be so handy...the honey do list never ends)

praying.gif Angela married to DHsuperhero.gif......DDguitar.gif age 7 , DDblowkiss.gif age 5 ,  DSsleepytime.gif age 4 and sadly 2 angel.gif  in heaven, Catholic and ribbonwhite.gif with a dash of crunch: hang.gif    chicken3.gif  homeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page