Free magazines being sent to us - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-06-2008, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We don't subscribe to any periodicals at all, but DH recently started a company and so far he's been put on the sub list for two magazines (since he's a "CEO" - albeit of a 1-person company not even off the ground yet - they benefit by showing their advertisers how many executives etc. are reading the mags).

I'm sort of torn on whether to cancel them or not. We actually WILL read them, but not cover-to-cover or anything. But we'll definitely check out the articles and actually read a few. But is that worth having the magazines sent here?

When we're done, is it better to put them in the recycle bin or try to pass them around to other people for more reading and hope they are ultimately recycled?

Homeschooling mama to 6 year old DD.

#2 of 3 Old 12-07-2008, 09:26 PM

Are the magazines something that has a lot of useful info or wide appeal? If so, I would probably keep them and then turn them over to a seniors center, doctors office, school or someplace like that.

Let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.)0(
#3 of 3 Old 12-07-2008, 09:31 PM

You already said you will read part of them, and that in itself would be reason enough for me to read them and then pass them on.

If your husband is CEO of a company - and it doesn't even really matter that much what the industry is - then it is good for the 2 of you as businessowners to stay current on a variety of issues, and a magazine can be great and doing that.

Enjoy them. And then pass them along..... (I love reading a good magazine here and there - it's a luxury for me that I can't indulge in often).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page