nylon panty hose - Mothering Forums
Reuse & Recycle > nylon panty hose
Ivan's Mom's Avatar Ivan's Mom 12:54 PM 12-22-2008
How can I recycle/reuse old nylon pantyhose? :

bu's mama's Avatar bu's mama 12:55 PM 12-22-2008
tie up plants in the spring & summer
99lauren's Avatar 99lauren 01:05 AM 12-26-2008
Old Panty hose are great for dusting candles! Its the only way to really get all the dust with out mashing it into the wax.

Also, you can put one over the end of the vacuum if you are trying to reach something that fell behind the couch, or rolled under the bed, and it won't get sucked all the way up.

My husband uses my old stockings to strain paint too.

HTH
Semi_Crunchy's Avatar Semi_Crunchy 01:38 AM 12-27-2008
I tie them up into small pouches and keep them to fill with oatmeal to toss into the tub for when I take an oatmeal bath...without oatmeal being stuck to my tub
Ivan's Mom's Avatar Ivan's Mom 09:30 PM 12-28-2008
Thanks. I have a bunch!
EnviroBecca's Avatar EnviroBecca 10:38 PM 01-08-2009
Use them to store onions or garlic! Put one onion in the toe, tie a knot above it, put another onion, tie another knot, and so on, then tie the top (cut legs off the panty part) to whatever hook or bar you have handy. When you need an onion, cut off the bottom one below the knot. Keeping onions/garlic separated prevents rotting so they last for months. (Mold still can cause problems, so check onions for spots of mold before you put them in the pantyhose, and set aside any moldy ones to use first.)

If your washing machine drains into the sink (instead of having its own drain into the sewer) put pantyhose over the end of the drain hose and knot to hold it in place. It will catch lint and prevent the drain from clogging.
GoGoGirl's Avatar GoGoGirl 01:55 AM 01-12-2009
You can make a frame out of wire hangers, and then stretch the nylons over them to make fairy/insect wings for the kids to play dress up with. Yay wings! You can even decorate them with craft stuff (glitter, feathers, whatever) to make them more fanciful.
choli's Avatar choli 01:57 AM 01-12-2009
Cut up into smallish pieces and use to stuff cushions.
KyleAnn's Avatar KyleAnn 01:15 PM 01-21-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnviroBecca View Post

If your washing machine drains into the sink (instead of having its own drain into the sewer) put pantyhose over the end of the drain hose and knot to hold it in place. It will catch lint and prevent the drain from clogging.
We use them to catch lint as well-works great!
Up