What can I reuse my chewed up fuzzi bunz for? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-11-2009, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So my puppy got into the diapers I was sunning one day and chewed up two of them Luckily DD is using less diapers per day, but rather than throw them away, I'd like to reuse some of the material. I have some rudimentary sewing skills - what could I make with these? Most oof the PUL is fine - the snapping sides are chewed on one and the fleece has a big hole in it on the other...

TIA!
#2 of 7 Old 02-12-2009, 05:39 PM

Maybe you could make a toy for the puppy

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#3 of 7 Old 02-12-2009, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So you want to re-use the PUL? How about mama pads? Use the pul for the under layer to protect your underwear, and you can even use the intact fleece to make a wicking layer for the top of some of them as well.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12
#4 of 7 Old 02-12-2009, 09:36 PM

maybe not the most practical idea, but if I were you, I'd try to re-sew them into small dolly diapers. Your daughter will be putting them on stuffed animals and dolls before you know it! If the snaps got messed up, you can use self-adhesive velcro.

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#5 of 7 Old 02-13-2009, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

ohhhh!!! good ideas! i'll have to see exactly how much PUL is left (I've noticed a few tooth-holes in the intact parts). That will help me determine which of these things I can make.

#6 of 7 Old 02-22-2009, 01:29 AM

I was going to say to mama cloth as well, or use the PUL in some homemade nursing pads.

knit.gifmama to my boy autismribbon.gif (9/06) and my girl (3/09) and surprise 1sttri.gif due in May!

#7 of 7 Old 02-22-2009, 02:28 AM

i'd say mama cloth--i make my own dipes but i use the scraps of PUL from between them to make mama cloth and nursing pads, and you could easily get several of either from the size of a diaper.
Just FYI, i like nursing pads with 1ml, but the ones i tried to make with 2ml were super stiff and gave me serious target boobs

i think the doll diaper idea is cute too--and especially useful if there's a hole in the middle of the piece which would render it fairly useless for the other ideas...

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page