Is there such thing as a trade/swap site? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-11-2010, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just keep thinking there must be something like Craigslist sort of, but where you could enter a list of things you are looking for, a list of things you have available and then the site could do some computer magic and pop up a screen of other users in your area who are looking for something you have and have something you want. Has anybody heard of anything like this? I know about freecycle, but that isn't really for trading, more for giving and taking and you can't enter a whole list and all that and its for free stuff whereas the site I'm imagining could have things of high value, as people would be expected to trade goods of simialr value.... Anyway, just thought I'd ask :-)
#2 of 5 Old 01-28-2010, 02:16 AM

This is a form of barter. Under craigslist there is a barter section. I once traded a small budda for some other trinket for some strange reason...

Anyways, it's not more of the automated community you are envisioning. There is for books and CD's, etc... paperbackswap.com trade books for free, but the person sending pays postage. It works out in the end with credits to order a book from another member.
I think there is a diaper swapping site as well.

But I think you are talking more about a dresser for some lawn chairs or the like.
#3 of 5 Old 09-08-2010, 07:50 AM

I have a great washer and dryer set that I have refurbished and am wanting to trade it for an older one that I can refurbish. I'm expecting a little cash out of the trade. Any suggestions on where I can do this?
#4 of 5 Old 09-09-2010, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace06 View Post
I have a great washer and dryer set that I have refurbished and am wanting to trade it for an older one that I can refurbish. I'm expecting a little cash out of the trade. Any suggestions on where I can do this?
I would try Craigslist or Kijiji. Sell the refurbished set and use the money for a new (older) set. You may get lucky and find someone willing to do a cash out trade with you on Craigslist.
#5 of 5 Old 09-18-2010, 07:26 PM

diaperswappers.com has a section in the forum for this. here is a link. this one is trade only
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...play.php?f=170

they also have a section to buy or sell cloth diapers and childrens clothing and other. definitely worth checking out.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page