Can kids bikes fit on bus bike racks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-06-2010, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Wasn't sure where to post this but it seems to be under reduce. Were going to start biking everywhere but I can't figure out, will kids bikes fit on city bus bike racks? I don't want to find out at the last minute dd's bike wont fit.

Seriously?
#2 of 5 Old 03-06-2010, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
our main station has a bike rack in it you can use to practice putting your bike on and off it. as well as to see if your bike is compatable with it. I would call the bus service and see if they have nything like this. I know even if my kids bikes fit oni t our busse sonly hold 2 bikes at a time. wich is two less than we have with us at all times....:

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#3 of 5 Old 03-07-2010, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyka View Post
our main station has a bike rack in it you can use to practice putting your bike on and off it. as well as to see if your bike is compatable with it. I would call the bus service and see if they have nything like this. I know even if my kids bikes fit oni t our busse sonly hold 2 bikes at a time. wich is two less than we have with us at all times....:
No chance of that, we would have to take 1 bus to get to the city 40-50 miles away and then the regular city bus from there. I checked the website for the city and it says it fits 16" tires and bigger so dd's bike should fit. I'll call and ask about the other bus Monday.

Seriously?
#4 of 5 Old 03-07-2010, 01:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyka View Post
The problem I had, when I was considering biking and busing with DS, was: what would I do if the bus came and the bike rack only had 1 bike spot available and there are 2 of us and 2 bikes? I didnt want to wait 30-40 mins for the next bus and hope for a spot for the bikes... ya know... that happens alot here, people are biking more and there isnt room on the bike rack... yes we have alot of PO'd bikers here

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#5 of 5 Old 03-07-2010, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post
The problem I had, when I was considering biking and busing with DS, was: what would I do if the bus came and the bike rack only had 1 bike spot available and there are 2 of us and 2 bikes? I didnt want to wait 30-40 mins for the next bus and hope for a spot for the bikes... ya know... that happens alot here, people are biking more and there isnt room on the bike rack... yes we have alot of PO'd bikers here
If there's room on the bus you can take the bike inside the bus, at least that’s what the city website said. I've seen down in LA they actually have hooks inside the bus to hang your bike up vertically.

Seriously?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page