Second life for my nursing pads - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-15-2010, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm no longer a leaky faucet so I don't really need my cloth breast pads anymore. I have about 50 of them, they are all cotton and in good condition, so I don't want to throw them out. I tried using them as wipes (we CD) but they are useless - I guess it's the stay-dry fleece that prevent them from working as wipes... What else can I do with them?

Thanks!

Mommy to The Boy (August 2006) and Another Boy (November 2009)
#2 of 7 Old 04-16-2010, 11:57 PM

You could always pass them on to another momma or put them up for sale. My husband would use them as coasters for the furniture... he is a freak about our wood floors.

A wife to A, unschoolen mom to C (7), T (3) & little A (9 months).
Hey Nena, I know you are creepen on me. privateeyes.gif  Get a life. 
#3 of 7 Old 04-19-2010, 10:36 PM

Mine aren't fleece, just cotton. I use them as family cloth. I had no ideas for a better use.
#4 of 7 Old 04-30-2010, 05:44 AM

Apart from the ones you'll use as coasters I'd suggest passing them on to other BF mothers (IF you're sure you won't be a leaking faucet ever again).
You could try MDC (local tribe), internet auction, freecycle, or a local LLL meeting.

Andreateapot2.GIF read.gif homebirth.jpg winner.jpg hang.gif, wife to K coolshine.gif, mother to loveeyes.gif photosmile2.gif reading.gif blahblah.gif

#5 of 7 Old 04-30-2010, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I glued a few to the bottom of our couch legs. Keeps the floors from getting scratched. The others were left out at a LLL meeting and were scooped up by new mamas.

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#6 of 7 Old 05-04-2010, 02:47 AM

I donated the nice ones, but the ones that were wearing out, I use for polishing my shoes!
#7 of 7 Old 05-12-2010, 05:52 PM

i used mine over my son's penis as extra protection in cloth diapers. He was a super heavy wetter. Mine were hemp. Then I passed them to my Mom to use as nipple shields when she had super dry skin and had to use a ton of lotion...I thought this was hilarious...to not stain her clothes. She LOVED them.

praying.gif Angela married to DHsuperhero.gif......DDguitar.gif age 7 , DDblowkiss.gif age 5 ,  DSsleepytime.gif age 4 and sadly 2 angel.gif  in heaven, Catholic and ribbonwhite.gif with a dash of crunch: hang.gif    chicken3.gif  homeschool.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page